**December/January BFP's **

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: **December/January BFP's **

Postby Mand8301 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Welcome Smashley!! No wonder you are on edge with having the cp and the mc last year!! I'm on edge and have never been pregnant before.. I can't imagine what's going thru your mind! At least you have your son to show that you can grow a healthy baby. That's reassuring! And I'm with you, Georgia sounds darn nice! :)

Ghost - woohoo! I'm glad it turned out to be nothing!!! I'm sure you were expecting the worst possible news! Your betas sound pretty darn good!!

Sept - seriously?? 18 to 22 weeks is RIDICULOUS for a first u/s!! I'd definitely be paying out of pocket for one if I could manage it!
Me: 33 yrs old
DH: 37 yrs old
DSD: 18
DSS: 15
DD: 2 (born 9/8/14)

Expecting number two around April 23, 2018!
Mand8301
Addicted
Addicted

Postby FF81 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Welcome smashley!

I hope everyone is feeling well today and marie I hope you're getting over your cold. Glad you sore throat is better.

AFM my kiddos went back to school today after being on Christmas break and I was supposed to be back to work but my car broke down so I took the day off. Actually, it broke down Jan 1st (happy freaking new years) and still isn't fixed. REALLY hoping it's done by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime I'll be borrowing hubby's van. I'm so nauseated and so very very tired.... I was blessed enough to stay at home for my first two pregnancies, but with this one I just can't. I have to keep working, at least for now. So I'm really hoping and praying for minimal sickness. Prayers appreciated!
FF81

Postby Mand8301 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm

FF - So sorry about your car!! Car trouble is the worst! Hope it's fixed by tomorrow. PS: I'm a working prego also. It's so tiring!! And so hard to make appointments when you work a 40 hr week!

**So we told both sets of his parents tonight!! Haha! We had wrapped up baby socks for each of them. Neither of them got it straight away. It took his mom a good 30 seconds to figure it out! She thought they were for their dog (WTF?!?!? LOL) and finally she looked at us and our eyes were big and she figured it out!! haha! His dad was super excited and that was really fun to see!!!! ;) Now to tell my parents maybe tomorrow or Wednesday night! Ahhh! It makes it feel official that it's out of the bag, yet also scary because people will be asking me how it's going and if it doesn't work out, that convo will be a tough one. BUT this is an exciting time right now for DARN sure, and I really wanted our families to know!!!

I'm keeping the prayers going for each of you ladies, please do the same for me!! Love all my BFP girls on here!!

Mand8301
Addicted
Addicted

Postby smashley1565 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 am

oh ghost, that is cruel of them!! soooo glad its nothing serious with pregnancy!

i cant believe you have to wait for u/s!

i know i am lucky, living in canada... all blood work, scans, tests etc are free. my dr will send me to ultrasound anytime i would like to. i have one planned for jan 24th @ 8 weeks. then i will have one at 12 weeks (IPS genetic test), one at 19 weeks (gender:), then usually one at the end for checking position, size, etc.

i agree mand, miscarriages make a mom nervous with each BFP, but i do know i have done it before, so hopefully my body can do it again! that is so cute how you told parents!! telling people is one of my fav parts of being pregnant!!
me & dh 30 yrs old
ds 3 yrs old
ttc #2 for 12 months
mc @ 10 weeks may 2013
chemical mc aug 2013
**** BFP DEC 28TH!!!! EDD SEP 5th ****
smashley1565

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 am

My cold is NOT better the kids are sick tries keeping our outside dog inside last night and at 3am she was still awake and got demoted to the shed!!!

I am utterly exhausted . Rolled outta be a 11am it's 1:30 and I'm about to go nap.
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby Mand8301 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 pm

So tonight is our meeting with our wedding venue coordinator! We get to talk about our colors and our ceremony and our food and how it all works :) I'm super excited because we booked the venue almost a yr and a half ago and tonight is our first official planning session! Lol

Mand8301
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kkhaler17 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Yay!!! Mand!!! exciting, expecting and planning a wedding..you will be a busy b for the next few months......
Kristie - - - - sticky baby dust!!!
ME: 30
DH:32
DD:4
DD: 2
TTC # 3
9/30/2013 MIRENA OUT AFTER 2.5 YEARS
CYCLE # 3
BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014 - MMC 7WKS 3 DAYS
BFP AGAIN 6-6-2014
EDD 2-15-2015
kkhaler17
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby FF81 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Mand how exciting!

Marie it sounds like you had an awful night and deserved that nap, I hope you got it!
FF81

Postby Kandi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Its hard to think of paying for an ultrasound scan or blood tests or anything of that sort since its all free here in Canada. What would an ultrasound cost?

Mand! You are going to be so busy with all that wedding planning and baby prep~! You'll have to let us know how telling your parents goes! My mom was so excited to finally be a "grandma" I had to remind her not to tell anyone!! LOL
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24, 2015!
Kandi
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:59 pm

I did have a rough night. I opted for keeping the dog in the shed entirely tonight instead of even trying to keep her inside. The little pup is in though and is asleep on the floor.... My youngest is awake about to go to bed and my dh and oldest are asleep already. Ill be hitting the hay around 10 or so which is abnormally early night for all of us!

I did get a nap but only about an hour and to me a nap is 2+ hours lol
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby GhostChips » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Kandi wrote:My mom was so excited to finally be a "grandma" I had to remind her not to tell anyone!! LOL

Haha good luck with that! I told my mom not to tell anyone because it's too early and I want to be the one telling people but turns out she's told a lot of people already, my aunties and her friends all know now :wink:
DD September 19th, 2014
Due July 2017
GhostChips
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Mand8301 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Kristie and Kandii- Yes, I know! Life has been nonstop for many months and no sign of things slowing down!! Ahhh! But the wedding planning is so fun. It helps that I've already paid for most of it, so the planning can be more fun! ;) This will be a second marriage for both of us, so it's not gonna be a HUGE affair. 50 people, buffet dinner, dj, beer and wine bar....it'll be intimate but fun! :)

I told my parents tonight! My mom seemed really happy! She smiled a lot, and told me how happy she was for us. That relieved me, because I really thought she'd be upset that we're not married yet. LOL But she was surprisingly happy and already made a very vague FB post about it. LMAO My dad seemed a little freaked out by it, who knows why. Probably because that is proof that his daughter is sexually active. Yes, I'm 30, and apparently I'm still daddy's little girl. Haha! Told my sister and brother too, and they were both happy! My mom said she suspected I was pregnant back at Christmas time, but when I didn't mention it she dismissed it. So she wasn't entirely surprised when I told her. She had a feeling all along. Feminine intuition I guess!

Is anyone else still POAS to look for progression? I was the same as the control line (if not a bit darker) on 15dpo. Haven't tested since, and now I'm 19dpo in the morning. I feel like I WANT to test again, but I'm avoiding it because it won't make a darn bit of difference at this point. I'm trying to be positive and prayerful about it, and hope for the best! Just curious about everyone else.

Mand8301
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm

No I quit when I beat the control line. Would like to take an .88 test to see how dramatic the difference is though since the first few we're such squinters.

My grandmother said she suspected.... But I think she's full of crap.
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby GhostChips » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 pm

How exciting Amanda! :D are you going to have a big outdoor wedding or be married in the registry office? my sister was married in the registry office and had her reception the following weekend in December. Glad to hear that it all went good with telling your parents. My parents acted the same and my father was freaked out too haha, but he's happy for us now :)

I bought some more nappies today! the newborn nappies are so darn cute!!
DD September 19th, 2014
Due July 2017
GhostChips
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Mand8301 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:27 am

Ghost- actually the whole wedding and reception are taking place at a local bed and breakfast in their garden (for the ceremony) and the pavillion (for the reception). It's so quaint and intimate, and really quite affordable as well. We are so excited to get to the hard core planning stage! I just need to figure out what I'll do for a dress! ;)

Mand8301
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups