SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

Postby hopeful#3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am

Aw - Carol, LO still has time to turn, and they can try to manipulate LO at a closer date at the hospital to get LO to turn. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. Everything will work out!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks Kristin - I have been on that site :) And I was just investigating whether I can get into the local high school pool to float around. The pool thing might work well for me... I actually used to do synchronized swimming, so hanging around upside down in a pool is totally natural for me :) Thing is, need to find a bathing suit!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 am

Carol, you had me worried for a split second when you said you have had this hard lump in your abdomen. Thankfully it's just a baby head, LOL. Though it isn't funny that she is breech. I'm sorry :( I hope she turns for you. There is still time. I wonder why swimming would help the baby want to turn.

Kristen, thank you for the bottle suggestions. BF and I went back to Babies R Us and added some more things to our registry. We added the Playtex drop ins and added a bunch of nipples too. I added mostly slow flow and a box or two of the med flow. Which flow nipples have you been using and does it really just depend on your baby?
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kissyten » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 am

Jan: We use slow flow only. Usually a babe will only use slow flow for the first 3 months, or else they will choke while eating :)
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 am

That is what I figured, so I put a few boxes more of those on the registry.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 am

Well I decided to try going to a chiropractor who is certified in the "Webster technique". Apparently this technique is very (75-95%) successful, and has no risk to the baby. Our birthing class instructor highly recommended it. So, appointment this afternoon! So far none of the at-home positioning stuff I've tried has made baby budge at all - quite a stubborn one we seem to have.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 am

Good luck, Carol, keep us posted on what stubborn one does! :D
Hopefully s/he decides to move for you!
hopeful#3

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Carol - Good luck with Everything.

AFM - Sorry for the long wait to write back. Some much has been going on. DF & I have filled out paper work to get married finally. We are trying for the 29th or 30th of this month. Also we are planning a stay at Disney World with the kids as our honeymoon/family vacation...sort of a family honeymoon if you want to call it that. Disney if from the 17th to 21st of April. Reason why so long after wedding is that the week after marriage is WrestleMania 30 that we already have tickets for and the week after that is DF's brother's wedding.

So a lot is going on for us to keep us occupied until the trip and to keep our mind off of TTC for now. Oh we still are wanting to do it, but my doc has me on metformin and a high blood pressure med right now. The metformin will help with the PCOS and the pressure meds came from raised level after the D&C. Doc also stated that he want me to wait 2 full cycles before we TTC so I don't get preg too soon after the D&C. With DF's luck who know if it'll happen, but he doesn't believe in protection so we may not able to BD in that time frame to be safe. Will be a tough one for us. Don't think we'll last bc with PCOS my cycles could come every month, or may not come til every 4 months or later...8 month without BDing....forget that...lol.

Can't believe yesterday was 2 week since the baby left our lives. It's sad she's gone, but we are getting stronger and closer to each other every day. Did think it would happen this fast after the baby was gone.

My trip to Disney will be my 11th time going since a child, but my 1st time in a Moderate resort (Coronado Springs). Can't wait for it.

I'll be back to do personals a bit later. Wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about anyone and I'm still stalking the site.
wrestlefan2

Postby vswright34 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Carol- im kinda in the same boat as you. My baby girl is transverse/breech. I have an ultrasound next week to confirm if she is still is in this position. My dr said after 37 weeks if the baby does not turn it is very unlikely she will turn (first time moms have tighter abdominal muscles so there is no room for them to move) but it is not saying she wont. It can still happen. If she is breech I will most likely schedule for a c section. But at every appt my dr will check to see if she turned all the way up to surgery day. Easier to cancel than schedule. I am actually at peace with this, as much as I would like a vaginal delivery I dont care how she gets here as long as she is healthy! Good luck with the chiropractor!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 am

Update - 2 visits to chiropractor and no turning yet. Going back again tomorrow (she recommends 3 days a week for 2 weeks). I had some big movements yesterday that I was feeling and I got a little hopeful, but I'm pretty sure baby is still head up since I don't feel any kicks up high. Tonight I'm hoping to try swimming and hanging upside down in a pool (found a bathing suit on Saturday at Motherhood that didn't cost me an arm and a leg, yay). Trying hard to stay positive/hopeful.

Some happier news - DH and I finally placed orders for the last things on our registry that we wanted.. so stroller, swing, highchair are all on their way, along with some more crib sheets and a few other smaller items :) We also got a rug and ordered some cute prints from Etsy for the nursery walls. Oh, and I worked on packing for the hospital too, that's just about done.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:29 pm

hi ladies,

long time no chat... i hope everyone is doing great. 38+2 for me and i'm feeling every ache and pain now. Still running around on my "vacation" having lunches downtown w/ colleagues and brunches with friends and trying to organize house... (contractor still busy working away on finishing our basement), the rest of the drywall begins tomorrow and hopefully by monday the plaster guy and plumber will be here... then just finishing w the floors etc. i managed somehow to do 3 + hours of closet organization in my old office which is now the nursery. got rid of about 15 bags of crap that was either work related and out of date or just crap i've accumulated over the years and tossed into there. my back is soooo sore thank goodness for a nice big bathtub and my amazing massage chair pad (it actually is like someone kneading your back not just some crappy tapping) and tomorrow i have a doc appt and then brunch w/ some gf's...and another prenatal massage on friday morning... wooohooo. i'm about set as of this weekend for little one to arrive at any moment. sleeping still sucks, i'm super hot and every time i turn over from my left to my right to relieve my hips a bit, i get bh and my belly button feels like its going to explode... (damn old belly button piercing hole is worst decision i've ever made!)

carol so sorry to hear that baby is still stuck in a breech position. i hope all the swimming and chiropractor visits help this week and baby does a nice flip for you. i feel my movements mainly the same as always so i am assuming that wee one is still head down, but when i feel the odd movement on my left side i get worried. will you try to do an ECV (think that is what its called when they try to turn the baby themselves?) i don't recall if you mentioned it before or would just go for the c section. yay for getting all the extra stuff you were still needing for baby!

roni, sorry to hear also that baby is breech, or transverse... hopefully she is transverse and just taking her time to turn around slowly. are you still working at the gym? i've given up on any sort of working out... walking is about 15-20 min w/ the pup in our neighbourhood if the weather is nice and then all the walking w/ my errands. i figure i'lll do my bootcamps once little one arrives...it might be a bit of harsh reality to get back into it.

sarah, happy to hear you are planning some great family times w/ df and the kids and disney. will help you heal.

hi to everyone else, hope everyone w/ babies outside are doing great, as are the ones still waiting for wee ones to arrive!

have a great rest of the week!!!
Blaire

Postby wrestlefan2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 am

I'm here, just stalking. Getting ready for MY Wedding to DF this Sunday the 30th at 2pm. We have our rings picked out and everything. We can't wait. BDing will resume after the union we have. It will be at a Justice of the Peace and DH can't get married in a Catholic Church as he wants to. So we are going to get the married union at the JOP, then when his annulment is over with and finalized by the church, we will get it reblessed by the catholic church and then have a reception after the marriage's blessing.

As of now the JOP only is allow up to 10 people besides us to be there. With my side and our kids, that's 6 extra, we know DHFs mom is coming...so that's 7 total. We aren't really sure if DF's dad or youngest sister will come as they believe is have to be in a church or no wedding is truly taking place...his older brother is busy with his little one going in and our of surgeries...doing good know, but the little one may not be able to go out and that's ok if his brother can't make it. DF's oldest younger sister may have work that day. Hoping a friend of ours will come if she can get off of work as well making it 8 people there. Just wish, for DH's sake, that his dad will show up and make it extra special for him to see both his parents there.
wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:28 am

Hi ladies!

Carol, how are you doing? Has the baby turned at all? What did the dr say? Are they scheduling you for a C-section? Updates!!!!

Blaire, oh my God, you are due like any second! How are you? Are you still pregnant??????

Sarah, best wishes to you and DF tomorrow! I hope your small ceremony is as beautiful as it can be. Congrats!

Well, I'm doing ok. I have been sick for almost two weeks now. Started as a head cold, then last Saturday (my bsby shower) it moved into a congested cough. I am still coughing even though my head congestion is clearing up. Saw the dr on Monday and he said my lungs are clear, so he thinks it is post nasal drip. He recommended me getting a netty pot, but the thought of those things scares me. I've never liked water up my nose. I would religiously wear nose plugs whenever I swam as a kid. Baby shower was very nice. I got a lot of very nice things for Maddie. I have to get thank you cards and send those out. I finally ordered my breast pump yesterday. Hopefully that won't take too long to arrive. Baby moves a lot. I find it funny when they say they sleep 95% of their day. I think it's the opposite. I think she sleeps 5% of the day and then digs her knees into my right side the other 95%. LOL. I have started to have some swelling in my lower legs and feet. It is mild, thankfully. Yesterday was the first time it was hard putting my gym shoes on. I had to loosen the laces when I got to work. I have noticed my belly is starting to sit lower. Like there is a little droopiness at the bottom. She is still head down. Dr said she is ready to come out. Well she's been head down since a few weeks after my anatomy scan. Dr said that it is highly unlikely she will turn the wrong way at this point. It's funny, at my ten wk apt u/s, baby was completely upside down. She seems to have preferred that position this whole pregnancy, LOL. I can't believe how little time is left before she comes! As of Monday, my cervix was still closed, so he doesn't think she's coming soon, but I don't think she will go til my due date. I think she will be here sooner. Please just not in April. It's funny. When the nurse was taking my vitals, she said that so far most of their March babies were born in February and a bunch of their April babies have been born in March. Hopefully my lil one will cooperate with ME and stay put at least til May 1st.

Hope everyone is well! I know most of us moved to the Facebook group but I miss all of us coming on here for nice detailed posts. Miss you girls!
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby wrestlefan2 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:21 am

Quick check in to see how everyone is doing. Today is the big day for us....justice of the peace wedding at 2pm. Hope you all are having a great day

Jenn - thanks. Not doing that much...I know we are southern and it may sound redneckish, but after the 30 minute wedding ceremony, going out to eat Chinese food at local placve we like to eat at and then eating some chocolate cake and if time allows, going to take the kids where we promised them to go yesterday but time didn't allow...bowling.

We had our "bachelor/bachelorette" party yesterday with our kids. 1st DH went to get a haircut, then we went to a local school to try out for an extra role in Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4). We then went to a local church's crawfish cook-off and kids played in the inflatables there and got their face painted. Afterward we walked around best buy where we let the kids play the video games in store while DH (I love saying that instead of DF) looked for a new camera for our trip (didn't get one yet but will before the trip) and then to wal-mart for groceries...lol.

We continue the celebration as our 3 week honeymoon...1st week (this coming weekend April 4-6) DH's dreams come true as we get to go to Wrestlemania 30, weekend after that his brother's wedding that DH is in so more wedding cake for us to celebrate our wedding, the weekend after that (Easter weekend)...Disney. We can't wait
wrestlefan2

Postby chall » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 am

Hi all! Sorry I haven't had time to post an update recently - but we tried the external version this past Tuesday, and it worked! They got baby turned head down. It was very uncomfortable, but I wouldn't really call it painful. And it only took a couple mins for the actual turning, even though I was at the hospital from 7:30am til 1pm. They monitored baby before, during and after, and said baby did great - no dips in heart rate. All in all, totally worth it I think. It's weird to feel the kicks, nudges, and pokes in a totally different area of my belly now. Only one week til my due date, can't believe it. I do suspect baby is going to wait til after my due date to arrive.. no dilation yet and not even feeling any contractions. I just hope I don't end up needing to be induced.

Blaire, Angela - any babies yet??

Sarah - happy wedding!!

Jen - Sorry you've been sick.. hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi everyone else!
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups