SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

Postby lukyj » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 am

Sarah, congratulations. It sounds like yuo all had a nice wedding weekend. Don't worry about what people think about what you did for your wedding. SUre, it probably wasn't your dream wedding, but it was about you and him and bringing your family together. I wouldn't mind having a small wedding. I don't need to have 200 people there. Not to mention, I don't want to pay for it, and well we don't have much money in our family so we would be paying for it ourselves. Have a great time at Wrestlemania. I'm not really into all that but it still sounds like fun.

Carol, I am so happy that they were able to get baby turned for you. Now hopefully, once baby decided to come into the world, there won't be any complications that still end up in a c-section. I can't believe you are due in 7 days! A friend of mine from another post just had her baby girl on Thursday by c-section. They couldn't get her baby to turn and she was total breech. Everything went very smooth for her.

Blaire??? Come on girl. I'm dying to know if you had baby yet!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:36 am

hi ladies,

sorry i've been MIA!!! but still preggo... due date is TODAY! i can't believe it... and not much is happening, mucus plug has been lost in pieces since last week... one days it looked like a big clear booger (sorry tmi) then she checked me at my 39 week and she said i was 1 cm and could feel the baby's head... and that i would have some spotting later on, which i did w a big glob of blood/mucus, then its been little bits of various shades since then. I just want to meet him or her. I have my next appt thursday to discuss induction, and kind of pissed as the usual secretary gives me 855am appt and this other one took my appt and gave me 215pm which sucks since i know how docs work and they are always late... thinking of calling tomorrow and saying can i please come in first thing, i don't want to keep waiting let alone in the waiting room forever.

carol yay for the external version turning the baby! woohoo.

sarah congrats on the wedding and remember a wedding is just a day, the marriage is for the rest of your lives so just enjoy your dear husband and family and forget about it all and have a big celebration later on!

hi to everyone else, i finally got a fb acct again so will go join the group there, (not a fan of public pics etc etc too much drama!!!)

:-)
Blaire

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 am

Hello ladies! Still pregnant here too! Just stopping by to say hi!
Carol - glad they got LO to turn, both of us due in 4 days, can you believe that? So exciting. I have to start non stress testing Thursday because my amniotic fluid levels were too high, and if there is a problem, they will talk induction. But if not, LO can still bake away.
Sarah - good luck at your next appointment! Hopefully LO decides it is time to come out. Have they tried the membrane sweep on you yet? Worked with my first. On my Monday appointment they were going to try, until doctor could feel LOs hand on the top of his head, doctor didn't want to risk breaking my water on accident and having LOs hand sticking out of my cervix, so he left it alone.
As for me, like I said, still pregnant. Have to do the NSTs starting Thursday. Mighty uncomfortable, with BH all the time! But only 2cm dilated and been that way for a week. LO is just being stubborn!
Hopefully next time I log in will be with baby pics in tow!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:56 am

Just back from my weekly appointment... and I'm 1cm dilated, woohoo! Finally some progress :) Most likely due to baby's head now finally being in the right place to put pressure on the cervix. Otherwise, all was normal, come back next week.

Angela - I have a feeling your LO will be here before mine :)
Blaire - baby yet???
Jen - Glad your friend had a successful c section. I am just so glad that I have a chance at a vaginal delivery (I do realize things could happen during labor that result in c section, but at least I have a shot now). How far are you now? I've lost track!
Sarah - hope you're enjoying married life :)
Hi to everyone else!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Carol??? DId you have the baby yet??? We are dying to know! We need you on the Facebook group! My computer won't show me tickers for the Preggo boards so I can't see when your due date is/was. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. I have been having mild menstrual like cramps today. They don't last long enough to really measure them in time and they aren't at any consistent intervals. No change in discharge or anything like that either, so just waiting. I've had some feeling of heaviness in my lower pelvis too so I wonder if baby is moving down. I go to the dr tomorrow so we will see what is going on.

I hope you are doing well, baby or no!!!
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:59 am

Hey Jen! No baby yet, still pregnant over here. 40 +2 today. Still not feeling contractions either. Although I thought *maybe* last night as I was going to sleep I felt a little crampy in my lower abdomen... but it certainly wasn't much. I also think that maybe I lost a little bit of mucus plug on Saturday - saw some little bits of snotty looking discharge when I wiped, not bloody though. Next ob appointment is on Thursday... hoping it shows more progress.

Sorry I'm not doing the fb thing... I prefer to keep to just this site for chatting with tww folks.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 am

It's no biggie about the FB group. I'm sure they will understand.

I'm at my appt waiting for the dr. I can't believe you're still pregnant. Come on baby!!! How are you feeling overall? Def sounds like mucus plug. I hope you don't have to be induced. Blaire had her baby on Friday. I will let her come on and tell the news. Angela is being induced as we speak and Roni is having a scheduled c-section tomorrow. Her baby is still breech. I can tell my baby has dropped. Been feeling more pressure and a little crampy.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:14 am

I'm feeling fine mostly. My lower back gets achy if I stand for any period of time, and my feet/ankles get really swollen every day (but mostly goes away over night), but otherwise it's not too bad. I'm still sleeping fine, other than getting up to pee multiple times per night. It was pretty amazing how as soon as they flipped baby around to head down I had to pee ALL THE TIME. When baby was breech he/she was sitting up higher.

Most first time moms go past their due date I'm told, so it's not unexpected. I really really hope to avoid induction (would like a drug-free birth), so hopefully baby decides it's time in the next week. My doctors said they would start talking induction about mid-way through 41st week (so mid next week). My mom decided she couldn't wait any longer, so she decided to hop in the car and make the trip down here today :) It will be nice to have her around to help with a few last minute things before baby arrives.

Hope you stay as relatively comfortable in your last weeks I have been!
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 am

That's how my swelling has been. It gets bad in the afternoon but goes down overnight. I can see how all of a sudden you're peeing a lot. I wonder if because baby was breech is why you are over your due date. Like, maybe baby has some catching up to do. Hopefully you won't have to be induced and maybe your mom coming will be a blessing in disguise and things will progress.

My appt went well. Dr was happy to hear I'm starting to have contractions. He did my cultures for group b strep. He checked my cervix. He said it's still closed but he could feel her head right there. In fact, he said he could lift her head. He doesn't think she is going to make it to 40 wks. He said she could come anytime based off her position in my pelvis. It's kinda scary, but good scary. Because I am still coughing from my most recent illness, he wants me to have weekly NST's starting next tues. He said he being overly precautions but he wants to make sure baby is getting enough oxygen. So I will be quite busy on Tues mornings til baby is born.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:55 am

My bump
Attachments
36wks040814.jpg
36wks040814.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 773 times
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Aw, nice bump! I also wonder if baby is a little behind due to being breech.. we will see I guess. I went from no dilation at all 36-38 weeks, to 1 cm at 39 (1 week after baby flipped). Doctor also said head was "right there" at 39 weeks. In fact, there was a nurse-midwife student in the room, and they asked if it was ok for her to examine me, because it was so easy to feel my cervix and the head! The student's reaction was "whoa!". Hehe. I imagine if the head had been pressing on my cervix sooner, I might have seen progress sooner. Oh well, baby will come out eventually :)
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks Carol. I feel like my belly is so huge in comparison to the rest of my body. From the waist down I'm one body, then the pelvis up I'm a completely huge body. The baby like to jam her left knee into my upper right chest/rib cage. It can be a bit painful. I try to rub on her and she just won't move. Lil brat.

So you see the dr again next week? I hope baby is ready to come out by then. Wishing you good drug free birthing vibes.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 am

Just back from this week's doctor appointment. Still only 1cm dilated, bummer. She tried to do a bit of membrane stripping, but it was tough since I'm not dilated much yet. Been feeling a little crampy since then, so maybe something is happening? She had me schedule an ultrasound for Monday, to check out baby and make sure all is well. And I go back for a checkup on Weds. At that point, if I'm still pregnant, they will talk to me about scheduling induction.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Sorry there's still no progress :( I hope you don't have to go too much longer.

Keep me posted!
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Sorry for the long absence. It's hard thinking about the fact that I could be 17 weeks pregnant today if I was still preg.

Thanks for all of the congrats on the wedding. Good news besides us being married and no issues with my job anymore if I wind of preg is that not only is next week Disney with the kids, I've have my 1st cycle of AF since D&C finally and OB said I can start TTC again. Getting back to temping is a little awkward, need to get int he swing of it again...lol.

One big issue tough is my chart starts that I could Oulvate anywhere between April 17th and April 25th. My most likely days would be April 17th-21st....SAME DAYS I am going on vacation with this ids to Disney. They are sharing a bed and DH & I are sharing one. Got to figure out how to do Disney with kids and BD without waking them up. Any ideas?

Jenn - Your bump looks so cute.

Carol - Maybe your little one felt it needed a little more time to cook in the oven before it was ready to come out. i'm praying for you that the baby comes out sooner rather than later.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups