SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

Postby chall » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:03 am

Hello!!! I am finally a momma! I gave birth to Charlotte Betsy at 3:04am on Friday morning. She was 7lbs 1 ounce and 19.5 inches long. She's perfect and beautiful :) Here's our story:

I actually went into labor on WEDNESDAY. That morning I noticed some contractions around 10am, and they were mild but regular though the morning. I had a dr appt at 2:15. At the office, I was a loose 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. They put me on a monitor for 15 mins or so, and the dr wasn't happy with the baby's heartrate (it was lowish and not showing spikes). So, they sent me to the hospital. Mom and I met up with DH, got our stuff, went to dinner, and arrived at the hospital around 7:30pm Weds. I was 2cm and 80% when I got checked. I was also contracting regularly and baby's heartrate was perfect, so they decided I didn't need pitocin (yay!). I labored all night and into the next day, and it was back labor the whole time. By Thurs afternoon, I got to 4cm, and we decided to break my water to see if it would speed things up. Kept laboring through Thursday, still awful back labor. I was making progress each time they checked me, just only a little bit at a time. And I was doing it all without any epidural (I seriously questioned that decision during transition). My mom and DH were real troopers through the whole thing. Finally made it to the pushing stage sometime after 2am. Pushing went pretty quick, and I got her out in under an hour. To top things off, my placenta wouldn't detach so I had to go to the OR and have a D&C to remove it. It was really rough, but we did it! She's got nights/days a little mixed up, but otherwise is a pretty good baby so far. Today we get to go home!

I haven't gotten pictures off my phone and camera yet - I'll post spam when I do - but here's a sneak peak (sorry can't get it rotated right):
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (93.27 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Omg carol! She's perfect!!!! And I just love the name!

I'm sorry you labored for so long but it's so worth it! You go mama! Congrats!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby lukyj » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Congratulations Carol! I just had a feeling you were having a girl. She is so precious!!!! I hope you are feeling good. Can't wait for the spam!

I'm the only one left!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 am

Sorry for the delayed response!! Congrats girlie!! She is beautiful!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:29 pm

:congrats: Carol!!! :) Charlotte is so beautiful and I love her name!!
:yay:

Sorry I haven't been on here for so long! I've been lurking once in awhile - But I guess I've just gotten lazy and used the FB group a lot! Good to read up on what's new here and miss you gals that don't post as often or at all in the FB group! :)

Carol - You are a SUPER WOMAN! OMG! I can't believe you labored for so long with ZERO drugs! Holy cow! Props to you girl, I don't think I could do it. I'm so happy for you that you had a girl! At least you avoided using DH's name for a little while huh?! ;) She is soooo super cute! Does she have hair? I can't wait to see more pics! Spam us like crazy, we don't mind! hehe! I hope that you're resting up and enjoying the baby cuddles.

Sarah - Congrats on your marriage, girl!! :) Wooopp wooop! How's it feel to be a Mrs.? :) How was your Disney trip?! You should post some pics! I wanted to go to Disney World with my DH before Ariana was born, but I couldn't seem to convince him. Guess we're going to have to go after she's a little older. I can't wait! I may be able to convince him of a Disney cruise before Disney World tho! That would be really fun too. Hope your honeymoon/family trip was amazing! Were you able to get any baby dancing in so you could try to catch that egg?! I hope so! Fx for ya girl!

AFM, I'm LOVING motherhood - It's so amazing. I can't remember feeling any happier than now. I've always been such a baby person and it just feels so surreal that I actually have one of my VERY own to cuddle and love on whenever I want! Dreading going back to work on the 15th of May, seems like it is just rapidly sneaking up on me. At least once I'm back to making money, I will have more to spend on baby clothes! Hehe We are going to sneak in a trip to Montana (where I'm from) to visit my parents and friends - I haven't been home in about 4 years though my parents have traveled down to Texas quite a few times. Then we will drive with them to Seattle to meet up with several aunts/uncles/cousins -- plus my sisters who are flying in from Phoenix. Everyone is anxious to meet the baby! Will be like a mini family reunion. :) I'm excited for that.

We had Ari's 2 month check up today and she got her shots, poor thing. She did so well tho! She is just a little cranky and sleepy this afternoon. I can't believe she is almost 2 months already. Time flies! Doctor gave us approval to be off the apnea monitor. We've had to lug around this heavy monitor since she was born with a long cord attached to it and the baby and it was such a pain! We finally got it off today and we feel so free! Was nice to have the reassurance that she was being monitored, but each time it went off, she was fine - No discoloration or major slowing in her breathing so that's a relief! We have a Snuza-Hero to clip on to her diaper at nights now, that will go off if she stops breathing now - At least that will keep me from waking up several times to check on her!

Well I hope you are all doing well! Can't wait to see more pics of Charlotte, Carol! I'll post a few pics of Ari after this post too! :)
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Ariana Noemi! :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.08 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.96 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.8 KiB) Viewed 1389 times

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Back from the Disney Trip. Didn't get a chance to temp since I was so busy with the parks and having fun with the family. We only BDed once on the trip and technically twice since responding back on this site.

We BDed on the 16th in the morning. Left for the trip that night and drove almost 10 hours from home to Disney. A tiring almost falling off the road trip but well worth it. Thankfully DH & I (yes I love the sound of that and being a Mrs.) swapped out every now and then to keep the driving on. When one would drive the other would stay up as long as possible and fall asleep for a bit to rest up for the next leg of the trip.

When on the trip, we BDed on the 20th in the early afternoon, so we're hoping for the best. May try to BD before going to bed as well.

I do have pics and will have to update them when I can.

Carol - I am so happy for you. She is beautiful. You have true super powers. That long of a labor with no drugs...I applaud you to no end on that one. Makes me wish I was still pregnant myself. If I was, I'd be around 18 or 19 weeks right now if I estimated right.

Sylvia - Ari is so beautiful. Congrats on the motherhood. DH went on the Disney cruise on his first honeymoon with his ex. I haven't been on a cruise before, but he said it's amazing and can't wait to go back on one soon.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby wrestlefan2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Here is a post of the video of the late wedding gift that DH got me. I'm a huge Beauty & The Beast fan. This brought me to tears.

http://youtu.be/Zt1_4Hz8-K8

It is engraved with the Beauty and the Beast logo and a silhouette or Beast holding a rose on one side and on the other it says "Sarah Rose a true Belle to her Beast Tim Mr.s & Mrs. (his and my new last name) 3-30-14" It worked perfectly since my middle name is Rose.

The pic of it behind the two of us is now in my signature
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 pm

OMG Sarah! What a cute cute video! I love how happy you look! And you can totally tell that your DH, yes your DH, hehe adores you!! That's wonderful!

And your daughter and his lil' guy are so super cute, though your daughter looks kinda shy. ;)

Hope you caught the egg, girl! Seems like you had an amazing trip and hope too see more pics! Did you get the cliche one in front of the castle? I can't wait to get that pic someday. hah!

Hope you're doing well and enjoying married life!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Sylvia, glad you liked the video. DD is a little shy in videos especially at night time, unless she is seeing the princesses or has makeup on...then you can't shut her up...lol.

Yes we got the one in front of the castle and the other iconic one in front of the garden before you pass the train at the beginning...the flowers shaped like mickeys head/face. We had a wonderful time.

Strange thing is that FF says I should have Oed during Disney, but my temps have been the same (97.5) for the past 5 days. Last few times that it happened like that and it was under 97.7 (temps each last times were 97.2 one time and 97.3 another time), I hadn't Oed yet. When it did that above 97.7 (98.1 to be exact), I found out I was preg this past time. So I don't know what to think. Last time we did it was 4 days ago. Due to not temping in Disney, I know my temps may not show a true O this cycle.

The only thing I know for sure is that I took an IC 2 days ago and it was Neg. Good thing about that is that it lets me know the preg hormone is fully out of me. Wonder if I Oed yet though.
wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Sat May 31, 2014 11:00 am

Carol? How are you and Charlotte doing? More spam please!

Maddie was born on May 15th. I had to have a c section cuz she was stuck in my pelvis and not advancing after them trying to induce me for 2 days. She is perfect and me and her daddy are so in love. I hope you are well!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups