SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

Postby Kissyten » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 am

SYLVIA She is so stinkin cute! She doesn't even look like a newborn she is so big! Congrats momma you did a wonderful job! Good job rolling with the "punches" and getting your little girl here safe and sound. I hope she is out of the NICU by now and you are holding and snuggling her in your arms. Enjoy every second of it because it goes by so darn fast! Also, i'll give you some c-section tips..... DO NOT GET BEHIND ON YOUR PAIN MEDS ;) and also make sure you abide by the rule no not lift anything heavier than babes for 6 weeks... You will start to feel better and push yourself too far and all the sudden you will be back at square one.
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:05 am

Angela - Ari is doing great. She now is starting the whole social smile and recognizes DH and my voice and smiles when we talk to her. She's a little piggy and totally knows what is about to happen when I put a burp rag under her chin..if she's crying and I put one under her chin to begin feeding she instantly stops crying and starts grunting. Little stinker. She had been sleeping from 10-6 every night...but the past two nights she's woken up at 1 for a MOTN feeding..which isn't like her..so I'm assuming she must be going through a growth spurt or she is adjusting her internal alarm clock and going to bed earlier to wake up earlier. We go Monday for the dreaded 2 mo check up...and vaccines. I wish DH could go with me...He could if I changed the appt but that'll be another 45 minute drive on top of the 4 I already make a week. I'm definitely taking my mom though. Ari screams when she gets her diaper changed and when she's undressed...unless she's fed first and half konked out or just woke up. I can only imagine her getting shots. I estimate she must weigh 7lb + by now. Hopefully almost 8. She's finally fitting some of her newborn clothes. Which makes me happy. And she's almost outgrown her newborn prefold diapers. I still need to upload some pictures. I'm off tomorrow so I hope she will take a nap long enough for me to upload!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Sylvia - Ari is so adorable. Surprised at how big she was coming out. Makes me want my little one back inside of me asap.

Angela - I'd be excited too. So close and yours will be here as well. Keep up the great work.

Roni - Have fun at the baby shower. Hoping one day DF can enjoy that time in his life.

AFM - DF figuring out the bills and found out that after what DF makes, he only has $10-$60 left a month to help with food in the house after his part of estimated medical bill is paid and I don't get my 1st paycheck of the new job until the 15th...only get paid once a month...large lump some, but have to wait a bit for it. Need to add to the fact that his brother wants his as best man in the wedding and that's another $150 out of pocket to cover tux rental, DF's 15 year reunion is next week and that's $105 for 2 days of activities, and Wrestlemania which he's always wanted to go to since he was 15 years old is in our home town. We have the show tickets paid for, but all the fan extras happening around town he has been dreaming to take part of and I don't know if he'll be able to go.

Sorry about the short messages as I've got a lot going on my mind. I want to stay in this group but not sure if I even belong here anymore since our little angel is gone. Should I go back to the TTC one though no one is really in there anymore. I'm very happy for all of you, just a little emotional about life in general. If I don't respond back as much as usual, please understand that I'm still here and will do what I can to respond back like normal.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:47 pm

So the dr canceled my mom's surgery for tomorrow. Rescheduled it to next Friday. I'm irritated and my mom is beyond mad. She's waited all month for tomorrow. Dr said he has to do an emergency surgery at a different hospital tomorrow. She is already off the schedule at her job for her 6 wk leave and she can't afford not to work if she doesn't have to be off. She was ready to get this behind her. She said she was up late last night making jello and getting things prepared for tomorrow. Now I'm worried too, that she won't be able to make it to Chicago for my baby shower. Now she will be looking at a litle over two weeks recovery time before the shower. I'm afraid she won't be able to fly. I asked my brother if he could possibly take off so he can drive her up here, which probably still won't happen. I will be so sad if my mom can't be here. Please God let this all work out.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:36 am

Jenn- I cant imagine how frustrating that is! Im over here fuming that they cancelled last min! Dont they realize some people have to work to make a living and that taking days off is not a luxury everyone can have. And im sorry her recovering is cutting it so close to your baby shower :( praying that everything gets figured out quickly so she can get in and out and enough recovery to go to your baby shower. :(
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks Roni. I mean, emergency is emergency, but come on. She should have had this surgery a month ago already. The timing is horrible.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:33 am

Jenn - I'm sorry about the last minute change in the surgery. I hope she has time to recover before the shower.

Sarah - You're always welcome with us. I'm sorry money is so tight and you're going through this at such a tight time. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to you.

Sylvia - How's mommyhood treating you? Can't wait for updates, but please take your time. I know all too well how you're feeling.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:11 am

Ari had her 2mo check up. She now weighs 7lb 5oz, she gained 1lb in 11 days. She got her first round of shots and the poor thing screamed during but was just a little pouty afterwards. She was struggling to poop when we first got there and as soon as the dr came in...BOOM she went very loudly...and we changed her...and then BOOM 10 mins later she did it again. Lol

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeful#3 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 am

Angel, little Ari sounds like she is doing well. More spam pics? I'm getting excited to meet my little one. He's just baking away, and kicking the poo outta me! Been cramping a little, so, hopefully my body is doing what it needs to do to prepare, but he's gotta stay in a little longer. My appointment with an ultrasound last Friday, put me at 36 weeks, with the LO weighing in at 6#13oz. They are guessing a 9 pound baby if I go another 4weeks which is still before my due date. Really little man can come anytime, and I think they would let him. Looking forward to more updates from you ladies. :)
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi ladies!

Angel - glad to hear Ari is doing well! I agree with Angela, more Ari spam please :)

Angela - My goodness, sounds like you have a good sized baby boy baking in there!

Jen - sorry about your mom's surgery - I hope it all works out so she can come to your shower.

Sarah - Please feel welcome to stick around here if you want to!

Hi to Roni, Blaire, Kristen!

AFM - DH and I attended the first part of our birthing class on Saturday. I really enjoyed it. The instructor is funny and quite down to earth. And has lots of information. Looking forward to part two this coming weekend. Did some more baby laundry over the weekend too (lost a little white sock already, darn it - those things are so tiny!). Oh and I started making a hospital bag packing list - I'll have to get the bag actually packed soon. DH and I also decided to move forward with a nanny recruiter, to hire a nanny to look after baby once I go back to work full time (but working from home). We're meeting with her next week. Oh, and I have a meeting with a pediatrician next week too. I gave DH the task of getting car seat installed and checked. I can't believe I have less than 5 weeks to go, eek! I feel like there is still a lot to do.

Last week I started feeling super uncomfortable while walking around, walking stairs, moving around in general. In my groin and lower back areas.. I am guessing its due to the round ligaments stretching? I never felt any discomfort from them before. The feeling went away while sitting down, but this lasted for several days. It seems to be a little better now, though I'm definitely moving around slower than I was a couple weeks ago.
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you ladies. So far, surgery is still on for Friday. If they cancel on her again, for sure she will not be able to be here for my shower. I am staying hopeful though.

Angel, YAY for lil Ari gaining a whole pound!!! Can't wait for more spam! That made me giggle a little when you mentioned her pooping at the dr's. LOL.

Angela, that could be a big baby! I can't believe Sylvia had such a big baby. Hopefully they were wrong. Send us another bump pic! How are you feeling?

Thanks Carol! Sorry you've been feeling uncomfortable walking around. I have occasional bouts of my bladder area feeling uncomfortable when I walk around at work. I've been feeling more uncomfortable at night, and it's getting harder to roll over in bed and get out of bed.

Growth scan tomorrow. I think baby is going to be measuring on the smaller side. We shall see.

Sylvia, can't wait to get some more spam. I hope you are at home now, recovering well. We miss you!

Kristen, I hope you are recovering well too!

BABY SPAM! BABY SPAM! BABY SPAM!
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Hey Ladies! Oooooo man I'm so glad to be home finally and back into the swing of things! This past week has been a whirlwind of busy-ness but lots of wonderful special times of course! YAY! I'm so super excited for the rest of the babies to start arriving! It's almost as exciting as my own arriving, I feel, as close as we have gotten through this whole process!

Angela - Sounds like your lil' man might be quite big like Ariana if he goes full term! That's okay - chunky babies are adorable! (although the petite ones are too of course! all that time in the NICU it was soooo special seeing ALL sizes of babies from tiny lil ones almost the size of cucumbers to big chunks like Ari)

Roni - Good luck interviewing the pediatricians! Here in Houston they don't allow that much with the big pediatric groups - I spoze small groups may allow it, but we wanted something close by with a lot of flexibility - Chose an old man who is real sweet with lots of experience. Hope he is as nice as the first time I met him when he visited my hospital room!

Kristen - Thanks for the c-section tips! Good so far - :) I'm recovering pretty quickly - And definitely staying up on my meds! We have stairs in our house and I hate having to ask people to get me stuff from up/down stairs often, but I do try to avoid taking them too much. I was really scared about the c-section, went into it crying and scared, and then I made sure I got DOUBLE the anesthesia cuz I have heard horror stories about people still feeling the knife slicing them! And afterwards I was pretty drowsy (being so exhausted for pushing 2 hours prior!) that I was like 'I'm about to puke, I'm about to puke!" and they brought me a tray and I just threw up into it, It was so nasty. hahaha - Once they brought Ari, I only held her about 2 mins on the table, I said "Take her please I'm going to drop her." And they took her real quick, but I was so tired. All in all, the c-section recovery has been pretty good, and as fast as it was to get her out, I almost want to do it next time too! Funny thing too, when they pulled her out her arms flew straight up in the air with fingers wide spread like "WOOO I'm free!!" hahaha We got a pic of it!

Angel - Glad Ari gained weight at her 2 month appt! So funny how she had two dirty diapers right here in the office! we are still giggling away everytime Ariana drops a load in her little diapers too. It's so funny.

Sarah - You're welcome to stay around and talk to us! I know the last group kinda fell apart. :( - That's a bummer. We are here to talk to and/or support ya with whatever comes next in your life. :hugs:

Jenn - So do you think Mom will make it after all? The whole ordeal sounds so frustrating! I really hope she gets to make your shower! Fx all goes well with the new scheduled date, hun!

Carol - Holy cow girl! Way to knock out your to-do list! Doesn't it feel good to check those things off and day by day feel more prepared? Getting so excited for ya!

Well, things are going well here! I checked out of the hospital on Sunday night and it was pretty hard to leave Ari at the hospital but at the same time, it felt good knowing she was being closely monitored. She was in the NICU from birth till she checked out - So they were giving her very close attention. We made several visits back and forth from home to the hospital on Monday and yesterday to visit her and breast feed. She eats like a champion! So proud of her! She wasn't supposed to check out till today, but we got a surprise last night and doctor's said that she was doing really well and could go home last night! No more IV's, no more oxygen, and no more bili lights to treat the jaundice she had! So there wasn't really any reason to keep her. We got real quick training on the breathing monitor that they sent us home with and in a flash we were out the door! It felt so surreal! She has been doing so awesome - They told me to wake her up for the first few days to eat and then she can eat on demand, but she is such a good baby - Only cries when she wants to be fed, and sleeps the rest of the time. I'm breast feeding and pumping some too, so I'm trying to exclusively breast feed for now.

We have some company coming soon so I better hop off here, but I promise to upload some pics tonight!! Hope you are all doing well!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:29 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (28.69 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 530 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 530 times

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

More Ari Spam!! :) I don't mind when she has blow-outs cuz that just means I get to pick out a new outfit for her! ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.9 KiB) Viewed 529 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (24.62 KiB) Viewed 529 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.94 KiB) Viewed 529 times

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 am

Sylvia - She is beautiful. Good job mama! What did she need antibiotics for? I can't remember if you ever said. Crazy about the c-section birth. That is one thing that terrifies me. I've had two natural (with the epidural, of course). I am actually hoping this one decides to come a little early, because I'm scared of a 9 pounder too! LOL!

As for me, nothing much going on, except a lot of BH contractions. Started Monday night, went away when I slept, then Tuesday night, same thing. Yesterday, they came and went all day, didnt seem to matter what I did. Sit, stand, walk, lay down... Hopefully that means we are getting closer. I want him to bake at least another week though, 3/14 sounds good to me! Should put him around 8 pounds. Also would come in after our camping trip this weekend, and the family hospital tour on 3/12, which also includes my preregistration for the hospital. I might just drop the information off on my way home tonight, or on my lunch break. Starting to feel like my time is drawing near, so I am trying to get my ducks in a row... Started packing the hospital bags and stuff...
hopeful#3

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups