SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- part 3 (it worked)

Postby Blaire » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi ladies

Sorry I've been Mia lately, trying to deal w my last week of work before vacation until delivery!

Sarah, hope you are holding up ok. How did everything go w procedure. It's too bad the ttc group is not really around anymore. Please feel free to stick around here, hopefully more babydust will make it to you guys again?

Angel, woohoo to little miss ari gaining weight! A big relief for you that's for sure...love the poop stories! How's work etc? You are back now right? Or shortly?

Carol, look at you getting things done! And baby classes, how did you guys find them? Helpful? I went more for dh and found them useless. How long will you be working from one for? I'd love a nanny for a bit thn have them in daycare but haven't thought of it yet...baby is on lists for daycare for next year. I feel your pain w being uncomfortable walking, (waddling), sleeping, and just moving around in general.

Sylvia, loving the ari spam, what a chunky little cutie, love her dark thick hair, she reminds me of my niece! Don't feel bad about the up and down stairs help... Take all you can get now as soon I'm sure you'll spend a lot more time alone w ari and be running like a mad woman!

Jenn, surgery still on for tomorrow? Will be thinking positive thoughts for your mom and your whole family. How did your growth scan go today? Hope everything is great.

Angela, hoping he makes it another week and he'll be approx 8 pounds! Omg you are due after me also. You'll have to remind me why so early you think he'll arrive? I'm drawing a blank. Bh are more regular for you this week! Any pattern to them? How far apart?

Afm, had my 36 week today and all is good, weight, bp, fluids etc. I had to do the strep b test which was awkward as I'm huge now. Baby's doing great and is head down, when I got to my exam room I had to dump stuff then go do the swab test so didn't take a good look around but when I cam back I noticed the u/s machine in the room (just the small one) but got excited and the. Frantically texted dh as I told him not to come as appts have been boring as of late. He was stuck at work so then doc did Doppler and heartbeat was 150-152 and still found it under belly button... Then she grabbed u/s and I was so excited she checked to see position and baby is head down and ready to go. Fluid levels are good and she let me take a profile shot w my camera to show dh since he missed it. Placenta is placed still in front but not blocking anything. Next week we start the cervical checks ... Getting close now. Today before I left I got on my scale and it said I'd gained like almost 10 pounds since my appt 2 wks ago but when I got on the scale at docs I only gained 3... So happy, although my belly is huge, my maternity leggings cut my belly now so I have been wearing my normal ones below bump. I also went crazy at Costco and babies this week... Breast pump (15%off) and monitor (video summer one) and then onesies from Costco omg so cute more boyish but they had sharks (which I love) lions,and dog outfits so I went insane. And then for some reason decided to buy myself a bikiniM lol... Hmmm motivation to fit into it by summer. Realistic, who knows.

One more day ladies... Still need to finalize my "account plans" for my replacement and I just can't sit and do it. Arggghhhh so frustrating.

:)
Blaire

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks for letting me still be in this group. Got a lot of thing going through with life now.

As a lot of you may now, DF's brother's little one having health issues and we are very upset with that, but a lot of his mom's side is basically making us feel like we should have already had enough time to morn our loss and we need to pick up the pieces and worry about DF's nephew once again.

With DF's brohter's wedding on April 6th, we need $150 for a tux rental as DF is in his brother's wedding, DF & I need to get married if we want to have kids since my work (catholic school) stated if I am not married and have kids out of wedlock that I could either lose my job, be forced into marriage before ready (we are ready now), or be asked to put the kid off for adoption and lose him to keep the job.

We want to get married this month, but with everyone going over his brother's wedding there's no telling who will be there for ours. We only want a justice of the peace one at the courts and enough there to get wedding "witnessed" and when his annulment is passed, then get the marriage blessed by the catholic church and have the big shindig/party for the whole family to celebrate then. Don't want either side feeling that we are getting married because of the baby situation or earlier than his brother in a way to "one up" him.

As far as a honeymoon goes, if we can get married by end of this month (only have both kids on the 15th and 29th of this month if we want to get married on a Saturday) the weekend after his brother's wedding we are taking both kids out of school the Thursday before Easter and spending DH's tax refund on a family trip to either universal studious or disney world and then maybe DF will have enough to get the DSLR camera he's wanted. I told him that if he want to use his part of the doctor bill cost and instead of paying doctor bill, pay for trip (room,tickets, days there) I'm fine with that and I'd cover doc bill and travel to get there. Would be a honeymoon for us with this kids (or should I say familymoon...lol)
wrestlefan2

Postby vswright34 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Hello everyone!

Carol- I'm glad your enjoying your classes. Dh and I decided not to take classes and just watch a couple birthing videos and what not online. But we are going to do a baby care basics class on march 20 which I am excited for! You really sound like your getting things done! Way more than I have haha

Sylvia- ohhh mmmmmyyyy gggggaaaawwwwdddd ari is so adorable!!! I cannot get over that hair and chubby cheeks! And I'm glad your feeling better. Honestly don't feel bad at all asking for help, you went from being pregnant to major abdominal surgery you need all the help you can get. Just relax and heal and love on your baby girl!

Angel- your stories had me in tears I was laughing so hard! What a lil stinker (literally lol) I'm glad she is gaining weight! How's life back at work?

Jen- sending positive thoughts and prayers for your mom girly. I know this is a stressful time but try and relax love. How are things going with lil Maddy :D

Angela- I saw you post in FB regarding your BH. hope your feeling better and baby stays put a week or so! 8lb baby!! Wow!! Can't wait to see more chubby cheek babies!!

Blaire- glad everything is going girl!! Your almost there!! And that's great that baby is head down! Mine is still transverse :? hope she moves soon. Getting excited for you and I have a shopping problem too.. my baby showers don't start until March20 and I keep trying to not buy anything but all the cute spring clothes are out and I can't stop!!

Sarah- hope your feeling better and things work out for you.

Arm- I am good just a crazy amount of energy lately!! So I have been working out and repainting our rod iron stair railing and then have dh put it up. I also met the pediatrician today and I LOVE him!!! He was so calm (which will be perfect since I'm so high strung lol) super clean facility and really welcoming staff. So we will most likely choose him :D Tuesday I have an OB apt and I believe I get my group b test that day and then at 36-37 weeks ill get a ultrasound to see if addy is still transverse.

That's all that's going on with me! I go on maternity leave April 1 per DH's request ha. And getting really excited for all the babies we are about to have in this group!!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Sylvia, I'm so glad everything is going so well. She is such a little cutie pie! She looks a lot like your DH.

Angela, sorry you've been having a lot of uncomfortable BH's.

HI Blaire! How nice that you are about to be done with work. I'm glad your appt went well. How nice you got to see your little peanut. I'm glad baby is in the right position.

Sarah, I hope things work out for you and DF. I hope your ins ends up paying more than you think for your procedure.

HI Roni! Sounds like you're doing well too! Can I have some of that energy? I'm starting to get more tired again. My dr hasn't mentioned a group b strep test. Is that the same as like what causes strep throat?

Thank you for the well wishes for my mom. Surgery is at 7:30 am Friday. Thankfully they did not cancel on her. I will be at work so I told my brother to make sure he keeps me informed on her status. I just pray everything goes smoothly. I think the last time my mom had any kind of surgery was when she had my brother via C-section 25 yrs ago.

I had my growth scan today. Got to see my baby girl. She was facing us so we got to see her face. It was just a reg u/s but I felt like I got to see her face pretty good. She has chubby little cheeks. She was moving a lot. I got the lady to give me a few pics which I will post tomorrow. I told her my mom was having surgery in the am and I would love to be able to send her a few pics of the baby before hand. Saw her little heart beating. She had a good strong beat. At one point she put her feet perfectly together and then spread them open from the toes with the heels still touching. It was so cute. The te4ch said she has a lot of amniotic fluid around her, which is good. She then measured the bottom of her foot. She said her foot is almost 3 inches long! I just can't believe she has that big of feet! SO at the end, she told me what the baby approx. weighs right now.... 5lbs 3 oz!!! I was like What! I totally didn't expect her to be that heavy already. It seems high considering I still have 9 wks to go. I hope she doesn't gain too much more. I haven't gained any weight in over 2 wks. Which they said is fine. My weight gain so far is good at 21 lbs. When she said Maddie had all that amniotic fluid around her, I thought yeah, she is gonna measure as a smaller little thing. I was really shocked when she told me her estimated weight. Maybe the u/s was wrong. We shall see in two months.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Here's a few pics from my scan.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.89 KiB) Viewed 372 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.05 KiB) Viewed 372 times
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hopeful#3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:38 am

Good Morning Ladies!
Jenn - FX'd everything goes wonderful with mom's surgery. Yay for Maddie measuring nicely! I keep having to remind myself, that they are only estimates, and just because they think I am going to have over a 9 pound baby, doesnt really mean anything. They could be wrong... (Hopefully they are!)
Roni - Saw your post on Facebook about having energy. I wish you could bottle some of that up and send it to me. I need some more energy! Yay for getting stuff done!
Blaire - Good for LO being head down and ready. How are you feeling lately? Having any BH? Any sign of impending labor? I think you are next in our little group!
Angel - I cannot remember if I posted about little Ari's appointment, but glad to see she is gaining weight. And you had me cracking up with the poo story. They always seem to do it at the worst times! Love it!
Sylvia - Take care of yourself mama, as you have to take care of LO. :D Don't feel bad about asking for help. You did all the work for 9 months and now still have to do a lot of the work. The least others can do is run up and down the stairs for you!
Sarah - I hope everything works out for you. Me and DH waited 7 years to have another LO because we wanted to be more financially stable and married and all that fun stuff before-hand. Best decision we could have made. We are definitely in a better place now, and can enjoy this one without wondering how we are going to pay for things. Don't force things, let it happen when it will and things will work out better. :D
Kissyten - How is little handsome man Zach doing? How is motherhood treating you! Come back and spam us!
Carol - I took a class with DD; my son is from a previous marriage - and so I wanted DH to have the experience. I thought it was funny to watch him soak it all up. He is a literal person. :D Cracks me up! Hopefully you guys are learning some useful stuff in your classes! :D
I think I touched base with everyone! But if not, I am so sorry!
AFM - As Roni said above, been having horrible BH contractions. ALL WEEK! But at least I know my body is doing something! LO is already head down. And if he pokes his little foot out of my belly any more I might scream! LOL! He makes it really difficult to drive, and sit at my office. But, I am still trucking along. We plan on camping this weekend, with our new camper that we purchased. Call me crazy, I know... But I am so excited! I have another doctors appointment on Monday 3/10; and then our family hospital tour on 3/12. Should be useful information seeing as how they have changed the hospital since the last time I was there 7 years ago. I dropped off my preregistration paperwork yesterday, as a just in case, and started packing my hospital bags... Now if I can only find what I did with my nursing bras!
Well, I have to get back to work. We should have a gaggle of LO's being born here soon! :D YAY!!!!
hopeful#3

Postby lukyj » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks Angela. I hope the estimates are wrong. Little Maddie is already head down. Her head was right over my cervix. Her torso is still a little obliqued because her feet kick me on the high right side. But she is already in good position. I hope she stays that way. She's pretty much been in that same general position since my anatomy scan at 18 wks. So, while she moves a lot, she doesn't seem like the gymnastics type. LOL.
Last edited by lukyj on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chall » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Happy friday!

Angela - I'm quite proud of DH so far in birthing class.. he's really soaking it in and participating. He even took notes a few times :)

Jen - Nice pictures! I have no idea if I'll get another ultrasound before baby comes, would be fun to get another peek. Glad your little one is lining up in a good position. Hope your mom's surgery goes well today.

Roni - We did a baby basics class too, and it was pretty good, but I'm much more enjoying the lamaze class - lots more information. Hope you like your class! It certainly starting making things feel "real" for me.

Blaire - I found the baby basics class just ok, the lamaze class has been much better. Since I want to do this birthing thing as naturally as possible, I'm all about getting as much information as possible. (I tend to do that for anything, really.) My job is quite flexible when it comes to working from home, so I plan to work from home full time after maternity leave. We went for a nanny because DH is quite against using day cares. Having me at home with a nanny to take care of baby seemed like the best option for us.

Sylvia - Eeeek! How adorable! And I agree with everyone else - don't feel bad about asking for help!

Sarah - Thinking of you.. hope you are able to sort things out.

Kristen and Angel - hope mommyhood is still treating you well.

AFM - Second half of lamaze class is tomorrow, along with the hospital tour. Looking forward to that :) Monday is my 36 week appointment, and they said last time they will do the strep test at this one. Then I start the weekly appointments! Also, I ordered a fitness ball and it came today. I blew it up right away and have been sitting on it while working. Much more comfortable that a regular chair!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 am

Here is the Ari spam! Sorry it took so long.
You will also notice some puppy spam. Nala had puppies two weeks ago.

Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:51 am

Sylvia - I'm so glad your healing well and feeling great! I love the Ari spam.

Angela - I'm jealous of your new camper! I hope you have a great camping trip. I'm glad I had my bags packed just in case because I was a mess when I was told I'd be induced that day.

Blaire - Work is work. It's getting boring now that everything is caught up. It seems the felons around here have taken a break committing crimes. We had a trial last week...that ended in a mistrial...for the second time. The whole office was pissed. Yayy for maternity leave! And super yay for stocking up at costco. I miss costco so much...the closest one to me now is 3 hours away. So stupid.

Sarah - I hope things align for you guys again. I hope you also are able to go to Disney World. It's my happy place and I never fail to have a great time. I know yall will too

Roni - Take advantage of that energy girl! I wish I still had that amount. I would get so much done. Now I feel like a slug all the time. It takes everything in me not to fall asleep on the commute home from work.

Jenn - Glad to hear Maddie is chunking up already! Love the u/s pics. Ari also has long feet. She almost doesnt fit the footies in most of her sleepers LOL. How did the surgery go? Hope it went well and she feels better.

Carol - Glad to hear the classes are going great and you're enjoying them. So cute that DH is so into them.

AFM - Ari is growing up so fast now. She's 2mo and some days old and she is rapidly gaining weight now that she is given BM in a bottle. Not much is going on or changing. I have a smash cake photo session on Sunday and a Baby shower session next satuday. I'm still pumping around the clock and that's partly why I'm so exhausted. Ari had trouble falling asleep last night until I pulled her into the bed to snuggle and she fell right asleep. As soon as I got up this morning she woke up...She's a mama's girl. Hope yall enjoy the spam. I always take a lot of her sleeping because it's just too precious.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby lukyj » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:17 am

Thanks Carol. I'm glad that you are enjoying your Lamaze class. I still haven't decided whether I want to take any classes. My dr said he doesn't recommend them so I don't know.

Thanks Angel. My mom's surgery went well. They estimated 4 hours for the procedure and it only took them a little over 2. She called me a few times yesterday. She was in a lot of pain and very sleepy. I told her to rest as much as she can. They are suppose to send her home today around 11am. I just pray they will let her travel. Baby shower is in two weeks! :) Love the Ari spam. She is adorable!!!!

I have been getting real uncomfortable. Sitting, I just can't get comfortable. I still have that weird pain in the middle of my chest right at the base of the sternum. Today I'm having some issues being able to get a good deep breath.
Last edited by lukyj on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey girls just popping in real quick. Got a sneak preview of my maternity photos and wanted to share!!

Image Image
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Oh man! I have been gone for so long! I am trying my best to catch up.

Blaire: What kind of breast pump did you end up getting? I have a summer monitor too and love it!! It is so darn handy!

Jen: I am so glad your mom's surgery went well and I have everything crossed that she will be given the go ahead for travel and make it to your baby shower.

Carol: After having Zach, I realized how useless the birthing class I took was.... I literally did not use anything they taught us. You kind of just go with the flow and figure out what works for you in the moment. I love massage, but when I was having contractions if anyone touched me I would yell at them to leave me alone. hahahahaha

Angela: I am intrigued to see how big your babe is going to be! Did you end up finding your nursing bras? I hate wearing nursing bras sooo much! I can't wait to wear my underwire wonderful ones again!! Mommyhood is going good, SO BUSY!!! hahahaha

Sara: I am so sorry to hear about the D&C and hope that your body and heart heal fast.

Roni: OMG! Your maternity pictures are so cute!! You have really popped in the last little bit! P.S You are very pretty.

Sylvia: Ari is the cutest little thing! I hope you are getting atleast some sleep lately!

Angel: I have been exclusively pumping for Zach for the last two months! I HATE IT SO MUCH! Pumping SUCKS! hahahaha. I feel like my whole day is revolved around pumping. I have even pumped while driving places because then I can kill to birds with one stone. I am so happy that Ari is gaining weight! You can sure tell it by the pictures :) I love her facial expressions! Oh and i'm going to post some spam next and I think Zach and Ari are meant for each other... he has a monster sleeper too!

I think that is everyone..... if I missed anyone I am very sorry.

AFM: Zach is almost 3 months old!! EEP!!! He weight 11 pounds and is about 24 inches long. He has a super fast metabolism and eats like a piggy. He has been giving me tons of "ah-goos" and "pffffts" and thinks its hilarious when he poops, pees, or pukes on me. He is giggling now and is starting to find his hands and grabs my hair, my hands, his own hands, and toys. Unfortunately, poor Zach has severe eczema, but luckily I found some awesome cream called Spectro kids that is working really really well. Also, he has a flat spot on his head......... the occupation therapist say it looks like it is from birth or how he was positioned in the womb and he might need a helmut.... I am praying this doesn't happen.

Stay tuned for some Pics of Zach
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 am

Roni, your pics look great! You are very pretty. Kristen is right, you have definitely popped! You still look great though!

Hi Kristen! Thank you. I'm glad that mommyhood is going well for you. Sorry about lil Zach's eczema. I hear that can suck. I'm glad you found something that seems to be working for him. So are you not breastfeeding at all? Just pumping? Did you go back to work? He is so cute! What is that blue chair that he is sitting in? I have never seen anything like it. I hope he doesn't have to wear the helmet. How long before they decide if he will need it or not? Hearing what you said about not using anything from the birthing class makes me feel better about not taking one. Oh, as for bottle, are you just using the Advent brand or do you have a variety?
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups