The Hunt for Eggs Was Successful! Pt 1

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Hunt for Eggs Was Successful! Pt 1

Postby daisy14 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Hey Ladies!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Mine was busy, got spoiled for my birthday and the baby got spoiled at the shower! We got lots of goodies that will help out with the baby that's for sure! Still a few things we need to pick up though that weren't knocked off the list. Got lots of cute outfits, bibs, all kinds of fun goodies!

I am torn between whether or not I need a bouncer and a swing?? Is a swing enough?

Should I wait to buy bottles and a breast pump? What if it turns out for some odd reason I can't breastfeed even though I am covered for a pump.. I don't want to buy one just because I can. As for bottles I have a few free sample types.. should I just try those out first and buy more once I know what baby will take to?

I think everything else I need is pretty straight forward still :)
Me: 29 (T)
DH: 29
DSD: 5
DS: 3 weeks
Fur Baby #1
Fur Baby #2
Fur Baby #3
daisy14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lany » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Glad you had a great weekend Taren :)

To answer your questions I only had a bouncer for bothy boys. Sometimes I thought a swing would come in handy but I didn't find it was absolutely necessary. Some babies love them others hate them.

As for breast pumps I would highly recommend one. By the time you know if you are going to need to use one especially to help out in the early days you need it right away. In my experience the milk supply was so huge that I got the shakes when we had to go out to find a pump. Also at that time when you may already be stressing the last thing you would want to do it go out shopping for one.

Bottles I would stick to the samples for now. If you do go down the path of bottle feeding breast milk or formula bub can be fussy with the type of bottle he will take.

My ds1 wouldn't latch so I spent 6 weeks expressing and bottle feeding and eventually switched to formula as we just couldn't get it together. He took the first bottle I have him and we had no more trouble after that.
Ds2 I had to pump for the first couple of weeks as I was so engorged his little mouth just wouldn't fit. Once we got sorted he bf fine but when I went back to work we tried 5 different types of bottles before we could find one he would drink out of.

Hope that helps
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Postby daisy14 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm

THanks lany that was very helpful!!
Fur Baby #1
Fur Baby #2
Fur Baby #3
daisy14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lany » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 am

How is everyone?

I have been so busy trying to get Christmas sorted. I have one little present left to find for ds1 Santa stocking and then I'm done :) I have even wrapped everything apart from a couple I am waiting to arrive from online shopping!
Had my 38 week appointment today. All looking good. Have my next appointment in 5 days and baby in 7 days eeek. Christmas tree is going up tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it while in recovering. I'm so excited!!

Taren what have you decided to do with your maternity leave? Did you take any pics at your shower? Would love to see them.

Danielle how are you going? You have been pretty quiet lately. Hope all is well.
Ola how are you going? You are close now too or have you already had bub?

Liza you still hanging in there?
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Postby daisy14 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:39 am

Wow lany!! Have you even decorated for christmas too??? I hope we can get a big chunk of our shopping done this weekend - at least for DSD and my nephew. 7 days is going to fly by so fast!!! So excited for the arrival of little Tian!!! awe!!! Now that I am reading through your post you mentioned the christmas tree, that is exciting. I am sure our DSD will be asking for one soon. I think we are going to cut down a real one this year, next week maybe when we have DSD and if the weather is nice we will go to the mountains and bring some sleds :) My dad says we should let it sit in a bucket of water in our garage for a few weeks before we put it up, so if we go soon that should give us lots of time!

I am still flipflopping on what to do with my maternity leave. Now that I am on 2 week appointments I am going to ask my doctor next time. I am going to tentatively tell my boss January 2nd will be my last day, but that I could possibly leave earlier than that. I just don't want to have to come back to work before xmas next year.. it would be nice to wait until after the holidays so if I do hold off until Jan. 2 that would work out good!

I do have pictures of the shower!! I just have to get on uploading some to share!
Fur Baby #1
Fur Baby #2
Fur Baby #3
daisy14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dmdank » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA. Work is nuts. I'm stressed because I have so much work to do and can't get a minute to clear my head it seems.

Lany, 7 more days?!?!?! Eeeek sooo exciting. I can't wait. Good plan to get decorating/tree done now and then relax. We'll be putting ours up next weekend right after our Thanksgiving holiday. Are you all packed and set? I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics of your little princess!!! Good for you on getting your shopping pretty much done. 1 less stress over the next week!

Taren, very exciting about cutting down a real tree. We just bought a new fake tree so I'm going to put a balsam candle by it, closest to real we'll be getting. Lol We're nervous about the real tree with the cats. Our older cat used to climb the real trees and knock them over. Jan2 for leave makes sense. It will seriously be here before we know it. I don't think I answered you on the SPDwhich is pelvic separation or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction the separation of a joint in the front pelvic bone structure. I bought a belly support belt which does def help.

Ola and Liza, thinking of you both! Hope you're well

Afm, house is coming along, THANK GOODNESS!!! the crib will be put together this weekend and I'm going to try to get the room as ready as I can. I had two duplicates from the shower so went and exchanged for some of the necessities. My MIL and I went last night and had fun shopping. She of course spoiled some more lol. I have awesome inlaws. She told me last night that she thinks Brody will be 9 lbs. HELLO???!!!! That's scares me. I have a reg appt on tues and then measurements on 12/9. Can't wait to see how big he is now. Here's today's bump pic, I feel huge. :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (53.05 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Me: 37 (Danielle)
DH: 35
DS: born 1/27/15
(2) Fur Babies

For this child I have prayed and You have granted me my request. 1 Samuel 1:27

dmdank
Angel
Angel

Postby Lany » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry been a bit Mia. Things have definitely been busy and I have been nesting like crazy!!

Taren did you go chop down a real Christmas tree over the weekend?? I would love to have the smell of fresh pine throughout the house. Maybe I need to look into getting a candle or something that has that smell to it to make it seem more real. The boys were so excited when they saw the tree. I was going to let them help but they are still a little bit young so I just left a couple of decorations off so they could but the last ones on.

Danielle did you put your nursery furniture together? Would love to see some pics. My nursery was all done but then I got a whole heap of hand me downs so now the room is full of bags with clothes and couple mother bits and pieces. I figure she will be in our room for a little while anyway so I still have time. How are the other renos coming?

Afm had my last ob appointment today and filled in the last of my paperwork. Can't believe I will have a baby in just over 48 hrs. I have been getting a lot of Braxton hicks but on said she wasn't fully engaged yet so I don't think there is much chance of her coming out earlier. I have also been feeling pretty ill the last 2 days with horrible heartburn so I am looking forward to that being over.

My next check in will probably be on Wednesday asum and dad arrive later today. Have a great day!!
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Postby Lany » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Our Christmas tree :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (111.25 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Postby dmdank » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Tree looks great Lany! I can't believe just 48 hrs to go. So exciting. You'll have plenty of time to get the room in order with all the clothes. We're doing the bassinet in our room too. I'll post pics after next weekend. The crib isn't together yet. We've been focusing on getting the bathrooms back in order and kitchen etc. Yesterday was changing out all the door handles and hinges from gold to brushed nickel. Hung lights and vanity mirrors. Sooo much work. But I did get half our Christmas lights up today. Not going nuts just in case Brody comes early. Less to take down. I'm doing the candle with the fake tree :) can't wait to put our tree up next weekend. Hope you're feeling better. Can't wait to see pics of your little one. Good luck Wednesday!!! Just saw your tile floor. Looks exactly like what we just put down thru the kitchen. Lol. Ttys. Will be thinking about you.

Taren how was your weekend? All done decorating? Anything new by you? When's your next appt? I saw you post somewhere about some concerns that you wanted to talk to your dr about? Are you feeling OK? You're looking great! Baby is Def growing like a weed. I am loving feeling baby daily now. Such an awesome feeling.

Afm, I pretty much updated above. I'm beat. The carpal tunnel is brutal. I am right handed and can't feel my middle 3 fingers most of the time. I hope this goes away! The splint helps some.
(2) Fur Babies

For this child I have prayed and You have granted me my request. 1 Samuel 1:27

dmdank
Angel
Angel

Postby Msola » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi my ladies!

These weeks just keep flying by. I've been reading through the thread. Sounds like everyone's pregnancy is going well. That's wonderful!

Wow, you ladies put me to shame. I haven't even started shopping for Christmas yet. I have lists and ideas for gifts for everyone, just need to go make the purchase.

Lany, that is a beautiful tree! Wednesday will be here before you know it. Eeeek!
Danielle, love the baby bump!
Taren, looking forward to pics of the shower.

Afm, still hanging in there. Was dilated 2cm 2 weeks ago and nothing since. Next appointment is my due date, I'm really hoping not to go that far. I've been having contractions since yesterday, they seem regular for a couple of hours and then fizzle. I remember I had the same thing with my other 2, barely any progression and eventually got induced. DD1 is certain baby will be here by Tuesday, we'll see if she's right.

That's about it. Still keeping an eye on you all. Will ttys :)
Msola
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby daisy14 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 am

oh my goodness Lany!!! THis is the week! I am so excited for you and to see pictures of your little girl!!! Your tree looks so awesome! Hurray for being all ready for babies arrival!! You can just enjoy time with baby until Christmas :) I can't wait for the updated news on wednesday!! Which will be tomorrow because today is already tuesday for you!

Danielle!! Glad to hear that the renos are progressing quickly now, at least once thats all out of the way you can focus on the babies room! That is great that a belly support thing is helping, I can imagine I would do anything to relief discomfort if I had it! My only issue these days is getting off the couch or out of bed.. LOL prenatal yoga has been a godsend. Did you continue with your classes? I am doing mine at home a few days a week now and also practicing some moves they recommend for labor. SOrry about the carpal tunnel, it doesnt sound like fun at all! You are looking so wonderful, love these growing bellies!

Ola!! Happy to hear from you!! Sounds like baby could make arrival any day now!! So exciting! That would be exciting if DD was right! You best be coming back to share some pictures with us :) Hope you can manage to get out and get some christmas shopping done soon!!

AFM... we aren't getting a tree until this coming weekend, we wanted to be able to take DSD with us to pick one out! Then if its nice we will check out the santa claus parade on our way home. I haven't decorated anything yet, I dont imagine we will put up the tree for at least another week because its supposed to just sit and settle for a few days. Pulling decorations out from under the stairs just sounds like something I need to get myself ready for!! LOL. I did however re-organize the babies room and wash some new outfits we got from the shower and put some stuff away. I have just a few more things to buy for the babies room nothing major, just a change pad cover and I want to find a 2nd hand exersaucer for when he's a bit bigger. I bough a 2nd hand bouncy chair for $10 and a jolly jump for $5!!! My mom and dad are getting us a fancy baby monitor for xmas and a few other things! We are pretty much set now! I have also started to make a pile of hospital bag items! I just need to pull my little suitcase out of storage!

I did go to my doctor to get checked after i had those were contractions/cramps. They put me on the monitor for a half an hour and nothing happened just a happy baby heartbeat. They also did some kind of swabbing that would tell me what kind of chance I would have to go into labor in the next 2 weeks and I have only a 20% chance of that... which is good because we want baby to keep baking!!! It put my mind at ease at least! My next biweekly doctors appointment is on dec 2nd :) Things are moving along so quickly!! Bring on the December babies :)
Fur Baby #1
Fur Baby #2
Fur Baby #3
daisy14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daisy14 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 am

Thinking of you today Lany!!! Can't wait for the news of the arrival!!!!! Can't wait to see llittle Tian!!!
Fur Baby #1
Fur Baby #2
Fur Baby #3
daisy14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lany » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Morning ladies,

So my boys got up super early today which means in now up for the day. We had a reasonably late night last night too as we went out in a date night to dinner and a movie. I've been suffering with major heartburn all night.

So now I get to go to the hospital on approx 3 hrs sleep to go have a baby lol. So excited but so tired!!

Will update throughout the day :)
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Postby dmdank » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Woohoo!!!! Can't wait!! Will be stalking for updates. xo