Spring 2015 Babies!!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!!

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:10 am

shady, ibgoefm- next tuesday is my scan to confirm gender. This morning my doctor called and tells me the tech wrote '30 percent sure female'...what? 30 percent? even my doctor said its odd to write that. I knew that guy had no idea what he was doing, i just had that feeling all along.

alpaca- i remember this guy! what an asshole, hasn't changed eh? Have you tried talking to him privately about how working with him makes you feel, and perhaps demanding he pull his own weight? its okay to be a bitch sometimes, lol, you're pregnant and unless someone has been pregnant they have NO idea what a pregnant women goes through as her body changes. Those women and what he repeated makes him sound uneducated. Close-minded, and honestly, like a dumbass. I'm 27, first book gets released next month, working on my second to be released and my career is going very well. I'm 3 years from 30 i have clearly NOT failed. I want my kids out before i'm 30 so i can be a 'young' mom (i have issues getting old LOL) Neither have you, you have a career and you are looking to expand it by handing out resumes. That's not a fail. He's failed as a man....as for midwife? i would demand another. no question about it. she dropped the ball here. WTF was she thinking? It's YOUR baby, YOUR pregnancy, YOUR body if someone/ a caregiver makes you feel uncomfortable then you have every right to ask for someone who won't. Don't be scared. Also don't think anything your feeling is 'just in your head', women differ in pregnancies and what they feel or go through. Don't let anyone just shrug it off when you tell them.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:58 am

Alpaca: I hope you get lots of interviews lined up! Good luck! I’m sorry that you’re having a rough go of things lately. And I really don’t think you’re bringing up anything that anyone in the same situation wouldn’t have problems with… so bring on the bitchin’! I think that’s pretty much what we’re here for  I’m so sorry that your midwife completely blew you off. It’s really hard to take charge of your health when you’re being “assembly-lined” to death? You know. It’s all a “clear-the-bed-and-get-the-next-one-in” numbers game which is disappointing. Next time, maybe be a super-bitch and demand the figures. Put your foot down and don’t let her get away. I had to do that to my doctor a few appointments ago when he made fun of me for bringing in a list of questions and then running through the answers in a dismissive way. I just told him, “I expect you to be supportive of my choice to take charge of my health and take time to teach me the best way to do it. Being dismissive teaches me that coming to the doctor isn’t all that necessary.” That really shut him up REALLY fast. And what the hell about that guy? I would like to punch him in the ‘nads for you. May I? I’m 28 and will be 29 when I deliver as well and I in NO way think that having a baby has ANYTHING to do with my career other than I’m going to have to miss work because my body is going to push out a human. And how is it different than a man having a child before 30? Does that mean he fails at his career, too? I don’t care if he does disagree, the fact that he brought it up to get a rise out of you is unacceptable. I cannot stand when people do that! I totally agree with Nicole that you should just go bitch-mode on him, too. If you don’t push back against him, it sounds like he’s more than happy to walk all over you.

Nicole: Everyone still feeling okay in your house? I’m excited about confirming the gender next week, too! But my tech’s confidence was better than 30%... what’s up with that? Why even say that you think anything at that point? I mean, wouldn’t it by default have to be more than 50% since there’s only two options?

Nicole and Alpaca: tell me more about these books!

I had a VERY good evening yesterday. I had my first birth class with the Bradley Method and it was AMAZING! AND… Alex was able to feel Gwennie kick for the first time. He got all teary and thanked me for letting him feel it. I was certain that they should be strong enough for someone on the other side of my belly to feel and it was a matter of catching it.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:36 am

shady- i know right?! why even say 30 percent? just say unsure....i remember my birthing classes! I thought they would be SO cliche and boring but hubby and i had a awesome time were debating doing it again even though we don't need it haha...did he feel her? That's SO weird because last night my hubby felt this baby move for the first time too! Then he went on how weird it was when its 3rd trimester and you see handprints and footprints lol THAT's the fun part.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:43 am

Nicole: Yep! He totally felt her. He said it felt like a bubble popping. Which is exactly what it feels like to me, too. So funny both our DHs felt our bubs the same night.
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:19 pm

shady- yeah he was so surprised! With my daughter he didn't feel her till well after 22nd weeks.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:50 am

this is totally unrelated, but will one of my Canadian friends/ or anyone not in the US please see if this product is available.. I have an African grey parrot and he is having a rough time with molting, because of the weather change.. KAYTEE EZ CARE MOLT EASE SPRAY FOR BIRDS..
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:01 pm

goddess- did you try ebay? i googled what you asked for and got several ebay links but its all for the food.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:45 pm

goddess - I couldn't find molt ease spray from that brand, sorry, it seems it's quite hard to find!

shady - Actually I saw my doctor yesterday and told her what happened with the midwife and she was very angry about it and said she was gonna raise a complaint. And she told me maybe next time to arrange my appointment at the hospital as opposed to the health centre to make sure I get the right midwife, as at the health centre it seems to be a bit random. When I told her how rude and offhand that midwife had been, she went on the system and saw that the midwife hadn't even put in that she'd seen me or anything, and on top of that she had logged in as my midwife that day so we don't even know who it was, but she's going to find out and sort it.

So I got my flu vaccine yesterday and I was really unwell afterwards. I literally spent all afternoon/evening in bed yesterday feeling awful. I usually feel unwell after getting a vaccine so I wasn't entirely surprised, but it was still upsetting and crappy. I got feverish and started being a bit delirious, and I started being paranoid that I shouldn't have gotten the shot and I'd killed the baby... I always get weirdly paranoid when I have a fever. So much fun...

Nicole - Can't wait to find out your baby's gender on Tuesday certified 100% sure ;) (seriously that 30% female had to be a joke...A really not funny joke at that...)
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm

alpaca- i am debating getting the flu shot but what happened to you has definitely swayed me into not getting it. They say when you get sick it does not affect the baby, so dont worry the baby was not sick, just you lol...and i am SO ready for my ultrasound tuesday. Girl or boy i dont even care anymore i just wanna know what to start preparing for haha

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Nicole: My flu shot didn't make me feel bad at all, just a bit in my tender arm. People have such different reactions to it. My DH always feels crappy after his. I'd rather feel crappy for a few hours instead of being hospitalized with the flu like my SIL was when she was pregnant, but that's just me. You have to do what's best for you and your situation.

Alpaca: it makes sense that you had a strong reaction to the shot if you normally do since our immune systems are so weak right now. I am SO glad your doctor is doing something about that MW... someone really needs to.
shadypersephone

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Yay Nicole, it's confirmation day! Let's hope that lil booger cooperate and you get more than 30%! Waiting for your update(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Its definitely a girl! And she is LONG haha. Skinny and long which is perfect for an easy delivery tech told me. Let's hope she stays that way. Also, very healthy and very active.
attaching TWO pics, one of the privates so you can all also confirm with me. This tech was very confident and even let us see the baby's privates for like five minutes as she explained why its a girl, probably because i told her my horror story of last week and she felt bad haha
Attachments
SKALIJ- NICOLE- - - - - US from 10-21-2014 S0 I62.JPG
SKALIJ- NICOLE- - - - - US from 10-21-2014 S0 I62.JPG (89.93 KiB) Viewed 195 times
SKALIJ- NICOLE- - - - - US from 10-21-2014 S0 I61.JPG
SKALIJ- NICOLE- - - - - US from 10-21-2014 S0 I61.JPG (84.81 KiB) Viewed 195 times

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Congrats again Nicole! It must be nice to have a firm answer now and not have to second guess. ...plus now you can start baby shopping! Yay!
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby RoloCat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Wow... look at those bones! So obvious/prominent now. Getting bigger, for sure. I'm hoping for a thinner baby, too. Anything to help with delivery (which I'm just not letting myself think about yet. Ha!)
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Aw Nicole what a lil cutie(: & def all girl.. Your girls "stuff" looks just like my girls, which actually shut down the last little tiny 2% doubt I had (lol), bc why are there 4 lines? I thought it was supposed to be 3 lol oh well, I'm still wondering and can't wait to find out what she'll look like compared to our other Dds!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups