Spring 2015 Babies!!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!!

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:58 pm

ibgoe- haha DH is keeping me from any baby shopping for a while because we have tons of girls stuff because of our first daughter and tons of it has tags on it because she never got the chance to use/play with it. I am getting a new bassinet so that i am pumped for and ready to shop for!

Rolo-the bones!!! omgosh the spine when she moved freaked me out a bit haha reminded me of like Alien from the movie!...i'm hoping its easy for you too! Cross your fingers!

Lucky- when i saw the 3 lines, it totally hit me like 'okay yes its another girl' and i got over my desire for a boy...for now LOL. I also had that small doubt that you had even though i knew better.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 am

hey ladies,Thanks for the info on the bird stuff.. so far we are all having girls,wow..
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 am

are we all having girls? That's kind of awesome and weird! haha

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 am

Nicole: Congrats on little Elise!!! I’d totally say that she’s all girl. And I love that your tech got a full body picture of her. It’s amazing to see just how big they’re getting. My tech didn’t give me a length other than “normal”, but she did say that she weighs about 12 ounces already. Wow! 12 whole ounces!!!

My appointment on Monday went well. They couldn’t get all of the Anatomy pictures because she was VERY head-down, but of the pictures that they did get, everything was beautiful. We just started on our baby registry. Does anyone else have one? I’d like to troll the hell out of yours if you do! Mine is under Jessie Fortier-Galarneau at Babies R Us.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:22 pm

shady- I haven't started ours yet, we are debating whether or not to do it since we have practically everything we need except like new bottles and such...

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Nicole - So happy to see your scan went well, and what a lovely pic; her limbs look so beautiful and elegant (do I sound creepy? lol), you've got a future dancer on your hands ;) I love the name Elise too, how pretty!

I'm starting to get really worried that everyone is having a girl and that therefore, statistically, I must be pregnant with a boy... Oh well only time (and a scan) will tell.

Shady - I literally just created a baby list on Amazon and then, I got discouraged looking at all the choices and just never added anything onto it... I might get my enthusiasm for shopping back once we find out the gender... Ps: I love your name! It's so pretty!

Things here have been hectic since my mum is visiting for a whole week and I spend so much time "entertaining" her, yet I have so much work to do and I'm barely sleeping at night. I don't know why I'm being so anxious about my teaching, it hasn't been going great at all, my students' first essays were in this week and they were pretty catastrophic and I blame myself that it's somehow my fault. Hey it's fine they have a whole term to get it right but I still feel like it's all my fault...

I keep having cervical pain, feeling pressure on my cervix. I think part of it is psychological because I know they're going to check it at my next appointment (for the anomaly scan) to see if I'm going to need a cerclage. I'm just so scared. And reading about women losing their babies due to an incompetent cervix at 17 weeks makes me so worried that I have to wait until Nov 11th. The days cannot go by fast enough...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:48 pm

So today I had a pretty painful Braxton hicks contraction.. Which now has me freaking out about labor with this one bc they never hurt until real labor with dd! Like seriously freaking out. And my best friend told me her second was way worse than her first which I thought it was supposed to be opposite! Ah!

DH and I have finally talked about living together again before the baby comes so.. Making progress I guess. He having a really hard time transitioning into this job, he's so hot one minute and cold the next. I think he's having serious life issues right now and I just wish I could be there for him but I need to be focused on this baby.

Other than that, all is quiet on the home front..
Do any mamas who have dealt with the toddler phases have any advice on getting dd to stop crying at the drop of a hat? Literally this kid is throwing the water works at me for every. little. thing. I've tried to talking to her calmly, explaining things like "I know you're upset we have to leave your friends but we will come back and see them tomorrow" etc but I just can't take this crying over everything. I tell her to calm down, the tears start flowing. Everything!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:06 pm

alpaca- thank you! were getting excited...don't worry too much about the pain LIKE they say every pregnancy is different and you may be feeling your uterus contract more than I am or any other girl on this thread. Stress only makes everything worse, i know i know so cliche but true. No way you can get an earlier scan to see whats up? Are you close with your mom, like can you confide in her your worries and what not? Maybe that would help you out?

Lucky- I'm happy that things seem to be slowly looking up on the Dh front! Crossing my fingers they only get better and better...i wish i had advice for you on your DD part, but mines only 2 and right now i'm dealing with either separation anxiety or tantrums lol. Have you tried looking online on other forums for mother's suggestion? I do that a lot with DD because its my first child mostly, and any of my friends who have kids have just had them or have ones way older and can't remember how they solved any toddler problems anymore.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Haven't gotten that far yet Nicole but I do the same thing lol DH is always telling me how I get all the credit for being the one who knows how to fix everything related to Dds behavior because I'm constantly looking up articles about things like child psychology in relation to behavior along with other moms experiences and things of that nature. I'm always reading something to learn how to be a better mom(: I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a LOT of reading when it comes to having the 2 of them together! I take DHs 2nd dd every now and then for a week at a time but it's completely different because they're the same age (Dds sister is 6 months older, long story, before we were officially together and def before we married) and basically act like twins, they get along so perfect! I'm usually better with more kids actually (somehow I'm more patient and motivated the more kids there are lol) but I've never had a baby and toddler scenario.. I'm still a little worried about Dds jealously but am gonna have to deal with it if/when that time comes because I know the ways to help minimize that and who knows maybe I won't have an issue at all. But it's constantly on my mind especially with these crying fits lately!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 am

lucky- i know what you mean with the jealousy bit. Everybody says 'just let them help out with the little stuff as much as you can' which i get but most cases that isn't enough if the toddler is use to just having mommy and daddy's undivided attention most of the time. I'm worried our daughter won't like the baby or like it too much and wanna play with it right away haha...

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Lucky... how old is your dd? I wish i had some super solid advice for the crying spells but.... I guess I would suggest just ignoring it as much as possible, and do not give in. If you start to give in to what she's crying about, she will learn that if she does this she gets mom's attention and gets what she wants in the first place. I've went through similar things with my dd1...but it was more of a full on never ending tantrum. After ignoring her tantrums for a weeks or so they started to substantially decrease and now we don't have a problem with it at all with her.

As for the jealousy, I guess again it kind of depends on the age of your dd and every kid is different. With dd1, we had no real problems with jealousy issues when I had dd2 and brought her home from the hospital. Dd1 was a little over 3 years old at the time though, and she's always been very mature for her age. When I brought dd3 home, dd2 was only 17 months. There was no immediate jealousy that I can remember but after several months I did notice that dd2' s behavior changed and she did start acting out. ...honestly I'm still dealing with dd2 a little bit and I feel so guilty sometimes bc she's just kind of stuck between dd1 and dd3...if that makes sense. But families are always growing since the dawn of time and kids adjust well usually.

My Braxton Hix contractions started at like between week 14 or 15 this time around, and yes they are definitely more intense with each pregnancy. But it doesn't mean that your actual labor contractions will be worse than your first labor was. And the good thing is that even though the bh contractions start earlier it doesn't mean you're going to go into labor too early or anything.

I'm glad that things are starting to look better for you and dh to reconcile. Hopefully he continues to come to his senses and eventually turns the corner. :)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:47 am

lucky, ibgoehefam- I started feeling some braxton hicks yesterday, before that just the pre-cramps that i knew would bring em' on. They aren't too bad for me but i'm nervous they will start to be.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Hey guys, hope you're all well and the BH aren't making those of you who've had babies before too uncomfortable.
Things haven't been great for me, after this crazy week of running around and barely sleeping I was finally able to put up my feet and rest today and I've been spending some of that time doing more research on cervical incompetence, cerclage, etc. I've been quite angry about some of the stuff I've found out. I've found that getting pregnant close to a cervical operation increases chances of cervical incompetence (which can result in pre-term labour and 2nd trimester miscarriage) and there was about 3 1/2 months between the two in my case.
I've also found out that cerclage (getting your cervix stitched up) procedures are most successful and safer between 12 and 18 weeks. Which is angering me considering from the beginning of my pregnancy, no one has been in a rush to check my cervix. My cervical scan is planned with my anatomy scan at over 20 weeks.
So not only is all this info making me feel rather concerned, but on top of it, I've been having more and more cervical pain and feeling of pressure on the area this week. Today I tried to rest (especially after reading that would ease the pressure on my cervix) but I've actually had the worst pain so far this evening when I suddenly had this intense stabbing pain in my cervix after eating dinner.
I'm planning to call the Day Assessment Unit in my local maternity ward tomorrow (it's what my pregnancy notes say to do for any issues after 16 weeks) and see if I can convince them to check my cervix. I've also done some research and found a local place that does private cervical scans for £50 (about 80 usd).

I know I could be perfectly fine, but reading about people losing their babies between 17-23 weeks due to cervical incompetence. Even if it's a small statistical chance, I don't like how cavalier everyone has been about my cervix so far. And from what I've read, it's due to the 'wait and see' policy for 1st time pregnancies. If I'd already had a miscarriage due to my cervix, they would have been on the ball about it immediately...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Lauren, dd is 3, she'll turn 4 feb 8th (I'm gonna have some close birthdays!) so she will be 4 when the baby decides to come. It's not so much tantrums, we've *mostly* conquered that, but that she gets her feelings hurt and starts bawling over everything. I know everything is really vague but examples are hard (pregnancy brain). Let's see.. We were riding in the car and she was in her seat with her Barbie car on the floor at her feet. Suddenly I see her just looking ridiculously sad and her eyes welling up. When I asked her what's wrong, she burst into tears talking about "I can't reach my car!!" She didn't even ask for the damn thing (which she is completely capable of) but instead just got sad and the question "what's wrong" set her off. Or when or "baby stay out of the fridge and ask me for what you need"... Burst into tears and is genuinely sad because she's hungry, but she never came to ask me for a snack. She's trying to be super independent lately but then when she needs my help its waterworks, or if what she was doing wasn't the right way to do something and I go to correct her before she can even realize that I'm helping she's crying as if she's in trouble. These are few and not so great examples but it's a whooole day thing so it's hard to single out or explain why she starts crying.. I think it may just be her emotions coming out from missing her daddy that every little thing is overwhelming for her? Idk :/ He's been working so much and she's so used to SEEing and talking to him everyday even when were apart (FaceTime), but this time it's not been as easy to make that happen with DH working all the time, most days he's getting home 3 hrs after she's in bed because of the time difference, and I think she's suffering :( :( :(

Alpaca - is there anywhere you can go as a walk in/urgent care? I'm sorry if I missed something but what makes you think you need the cerclage? Just the pain/pressue? Are you able to easily touch ur cervix with a cp check (don't go digging, just in and out witch clean hands)? If your cervix isn't too low you should be fine I would think, but would definitely want answers as to what's causing all that pressure. You may just have a bad case of rlp accompanied with the pressure of shifting organs, which can really be excruciating!! I remember feeling a LOT of rlp and intense pressure with dd and when I asked my mom how normal is was she informed me it IS totally normal, every woman is different, and everything inside us is changing/expanding/shifting to make room for the quickly growing uterus. We literally have bones and organs that have been put for 15+ yrs (since puberty) of being in the same place now changing place again . Could be your bones widening in your pelvis or something of that nature. Hopefully you can get in to see someone soon just in case it is more serious! (Fx it's not & u don't need that scary cerclage!)

Afm, nesting has kicked in full force on the "what we need for baby" aspect of it. Ever since replying to shadys thread about nesting, it's like it hit me the day after.. I need to shop! The night before last I was up until 5am researching car seats and figuring out which one want for this lil girl & I've decided on the Britax Chaperone! They quit making them of August this year (bc britax is constantly upgrading) but I called our local babies r us and they still have a few. I can not wait until Monday when I can pick it up!! Once I get the car seat I'm hoping my need to shop for baby is satisfied for a minute, there's not too much more we need(:
Last edited by Luckyduck23 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Nicole, dd is already showing signs of jealously and regression. My best friend asked dd if she was a baby today when she was acting up and Dds response was yes! She never says that! So, I'm hoping it's not as bad as I think it will be but I'm definitely preparing flr the worst. I'm pretty sure all this crying mess with her is tied in with having anxiety about the new baby too.
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups