Spring 2015 Babies!!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!!

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Alpaca, are you talking about those quick lightning like feelings in your cervix/vagina? If so, it's totally normal, not sure exactly what causes it, ( I always thought it was baby kicking against the cervix but not sure) I'm pretty sure it's no indication that your cervix is changing hut I can totally understand your anxiety about it especially after all your research. I'd definitely talk to your doctor asap about your concern. I'm sure everything is fine though.
Last edited by lbgoehefam on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Hmmm lucky, I wish i had some suggestions for you with dd. You are probably right that it's somewhat due to not seeing her dad every day like she's always been use to. Dd1 use to cry somewhat like that if she couldn't do something she was trying to the first time... for example, if she messed up a letter while writing her name but what your describing seems to not really be frustration so much. I hope you can figure out something that helps, maybe talk with her pediatrician about it...When ever I have behavior problems of any kind with my kids my pediatrician always has great suggestions on how to help correct the behavior in a positive way.
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:22 pm

I had that feeling in my vagina, I nicknamed it vagina lightning. I asked my OB about it and she said it was the baby kicking on a nerve..
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 pm

lucky- oh no well i hope if it is jealously towards losing all of your attention, it passes before the baby is set to arrive. Even if it doesn't i'm sure you'll somehow be able to get her to let it go and realize how fun it can be to be the Big Sister....also, nesting! it hasn't hit me yet. What else do you plan to buy for new baby?

Alpaca- sending millions of good thoughts your way. Let us know what happens. I have a feeling you'll be okay but i believe you are right in double checking if your doctor missed the ball in first trimester. Better to be safe than sorry.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 am

Alpaca: Yeah, I didn’t get my have-to-make-a-registry-now until after we found out the gender. It’s much more fun that way! And I totally sympathize with the crappy sleeping. I wish I could sleep for more than 2 hours straight and with no hip pain. And your students’ first essays being terrible probably has nothing to do with your teaching and everything to do with them writing their first papers for you. Once you get back with them about what you expect with regard to their individual papers, I think they’ll turn out better next time. Or hell, just make them rewrite if they’re crappy enough. I totally know what you mean about the cervical pain. I seriously would call it crotch lightening and figured it was from the baby kicking the hell out of it. I asked my doctor what it was and he said it was just her knocking the crap out of it. It’s gotten better now that she isn’t feet down. And if yours is from the baby kicking it, it would make sense that it was worse when you were resting after dinner because baby was jolted awake by all that fuel and decided tap dancing on your cervix would be an exciting way to siphon some of that energy off. Were you able to get the Day Assessment Unit to check your cervix? I really hope you don’t need a cerclage but it’s better to be proactive about it than wait until it’s too late.

Lucky: I’m so sorry that you’re having bad BH contractions. I’ve always heard that they’re much worse with second babies. I’m super happy that DH seems to be making progress, but I’m glad that you’re keeping your focus where it needs to be: on the baby. DH will figure it out eventually. And I’m sorry that DD is throwing the water works. Not that I have kids yet, but when my niece went through it, I remember being frustrated by it. I just followed her mom’s instructions and ignored her. It seemed to work for her and Lauren so maybe try it? But at the same time, if her emotional frustration is more from stress with the move and what she’s picking up from you and DH and baby, I wonder if she’s having problems expressing it and crying is the only way that feels natural to her. Does that make sense? I’m interested to know how you get through this because it’s so common. I’m so glad that you decided on a car seat. Sounds like you did tons of research about it. I wonder if they still carry them at my local babies r us.

ATM: I just finished the bulk of our registry with the exception of the stroller, car seat, and all of the breastfeeding supplies. We need to take our cars in to make sure things fit and I’m not sure what breast pump I can get from my insurance company yet. I also made her baby mobile and think it turned out well, although it’s a bit Blair Witch Project. I’ve written my first draft of our birth plan and have started the process of interviewing local doulas.
Attachments
mobile.jpg
mobile.jpg (14.66 KiB) Viewed 497 times
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 am

So i caved ladies and made a registry, even though we need almost nothing but a new bassinet and a new drawer for new baby's things. But my friend who works for Sears Corporate here in Canada said that if you make a registry with them and guess the correct date of your baby's arrival then you win the whole registry (you get two dates to pick). And there have been A LOT of winners lol I'm annoyed though because last time i KNEW my baby girl would be born on my sister's birthday i just KNEW it and low and behold, she was. I would have won if i knew about this contest!

shady- it looks awesome! wow! good job! Its so different and creative, baby's going to LOVE it!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby RoloCat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 am

Wow... you guys are making me feel inadequate. Other than doctor's appointments, we've done nothing yet. No registry, no purchases, no real plans, and no researching (I'm usually the research queen). Eep. We have been looking for a new house, though. And I started my counseling last week, so hopefully I"ll be able to get past these negative feelings concerning pregnancy/baby/parenting (which is probably holding me back on all the baby-related stuff). It still just feels totally surreal to me at this point, and I'm ~halfway through now... *sigh*
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Well ladies, all this talk of nesting has hit me i believe. I just went through all DD old baby clothes from two years ago and got out the pieces for the new baby, which is quite a lot and that surprised me. Many have never been worn and had tags too. So i'm happy we save money via clothes, blankets, and bib wise. I also threw out all the bad junk food in our cupboards, i don't even know why LOL

Rolo- thats great that you started counseling. There's a section in the What To Expect book about what your going through and its very common. Some women even feel unexcited and disconnected with their 3rd or 4th kid and they can't explain it. How is house hunting going???

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Rolo: I'm a massive planner so I'm probably jumping the gun on a lot of my preparations. I can't imagine how you have time to think about baby when you're trying to find a house. Such a stressful thing to do on top of growing a baby. I really hope that house hunting is going well and you have some real solid leads. I sure that the counseling will help. And I bet you're right about the ambivalence holding you back from preparing for baby, but maybe it's good that you haven't bought anything since you're moving: less to pack :)

Nicole: It's awesome that you saved so much from your daughter and even better that you'll get the opportunity to use what you weren't able to with her. Funny that you should mention throwing away junk food in your pantry: I did the same with our fridge and freezer.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm

No worries rolo, you're not alone. I have done nothing yet as far as preparing, buying, etc. Maybe once I find out what the gender is on Wednesday.
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Oh and shady, how creative with the baby mobile! Lol at the Blair witch project comment. I just about fell out my chair...not that I think that. ..I think it's cute :) and it's something that baby Gwen can keep forever and use for her babies someday. I'm a total sap for stuff like that that you can pass on to your kids that you made yourself.

Nicole, how cool would it be to win an entire registry full of baby stuff you wanted! Gl!
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby RoloCat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:21 pm

House hunting is exhausting. LOL I have some specific requirements that are making it a bit harder, too. I have chronic back and knee problems, so need to find a house that has Master + additional bedroom on main floor (I can't imagine dealing with stairs with a baby, especially if my back goes out--which leaves me immobile for 1-2wk at a time). Plus, fall/winter is a slow time in the real estate market. So we're looking, but haven't found anything we're ready to make an offer on yet. We could opt to build something new, but then we wouldn't be able to move in until 1-2mo after the baby gets here (and I can't imagine trying to move with a new baby). I can't put a nursery in our current house (extra rooms are upstairs, and again... I don't want to chance stairs with a baby considering my back problems), and there's no room in our bedroom for any-thing baby-related other than maybe a bassinet on the floor (I don't feel comfortable with that), so if we opt to build something, baby would be staying in den, kitchen or dining room for a few months. That kinda sucks. So, until we figure out the housing situation, there's no need to buy anything baby-related yet; we couldn't even take it out of the box b/c there's no place for it.

Ambivalence is a great word for what I'm feeling. There's definitely no excitement yet. I never planned on having kids, so this pregnancy came as a shock and requires a total readjustment of my frame of mind. I think I'm still just focused on all the negatives about why I don't want to have kids, which is kind of a moot point now. Every time I come home after a bad (emotional) day, my husband just clams up and stresses out. I think he thought that once I got pregnant, the last 25+yrs of emotions/thoughts/plans(about no kids)/etc would just magically change, and he's stressed b/c it hasn't happened. Of course, this is the same guy who "figured I'd change my mind" about wanting not kids in the first place, and when I didn't, he got depressed. It's really a mess emotionally, and I don't know if I'll be able to get past all of this in my head. I HATE change (and this is a BIG change), and to some degree, I'm still feel resentful of this outcome, which isn't healthy for any of us (baby included). Everybody is excited for me about this baby except me. It sucks. They all squeal and hug and get all giddy, and I start crying and get stressed out. At this point, I just don't know how to deal, b/c in my mind, this is my worst nightmare come true. Terrible to say, but unfortunately, that's been my train of thought since I was a very young teen. There's such a disconnect in my mind about my actions and feelings.... Every decision I made medically for the past 2 years has been working toward this outcome, but they were all decisions made with the logical part of myself (knowing that time was running out), not the emotional part. I also really didn't expect that I'd get pregnant. At 40, scientifically, the odds were stacked against us. I figured we'd "try" for a few months, then he could be satisfied that we tried and I'd happily continue along my child-free path. After 3 months of having panic attacks every 2ww, my husband had finally realized this wasn't what I wanted and agreed that there would be no more trying. A week later, I got a bfp. So, it's definitely been a roller coaster of emotions for me... I just wish that I could have some (any) positive feelings about this, but right now, I just don't see it. So yeah... real suckage. Hence, the counseling. :(
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Y'all, this car seat is so PERFECT!! Well worth the $$! I love it so much I wish I had a baby to put in it now :D and it's not this humongous thing the "bad" reviews made it out to be, it's not any bigger than the Graco Snugrides, it fits in my car fine.. It is a tiny bit heavy but again I'm tiny an it's not any heavier than the Snugride..but it's also very comfortable to hold because of the handle design. I LOVE IT!

Rolo, you're not alone in not being excited. That's why I've started shopping so early, to hopefully start getting myself excited.. With everything going on in my life it's just really hard to get excited about this baby. And I wanted it so much, so feelings are kind of everywhere about the whole thing :/ Im sure it will change as soon as the baby gets here, it did with me when I was so scared of dd(: that's what I keep telling myself now and in meantime, I'll be shopping lol
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Ok, now a finally time for a more formal update (:

Nicole,obviously I got the car seat today.. Next I think I'll focus on that breast pump. I have most of the big stuff already, and if I have the baby here in florida my bestie has a crib I can have which is about all that's left. So I'll be slowly stockpiling diapers, more onesies (bc you know you never have enough lol) and socks and whatnot. I need a diaper pail (I think they are must haves for the newborn stage) which has me regretting giving away my arm n hammer pail, so much simpler than the genie! So one of those.. Not sure. I'm just coming up with stuff as I go since I can't rely on DH to be saving. One day I think it's looking up, next its down, I'm just so whatever about it at this point.

Shady, I think that's exactly what it is with dd and it breaks my heart and makes me feel evil if I ignore her. But then if that's not it and I give her too much attention it's just going to get worse.. Ahh hopefully the "cure" comes to me soon! I'll let u know if that happens anytime soon..
very cute mobile! I don't think its Blair witch at all, more like very natural (: I wish I was crafty like that!
I definitely recommend checking out if your local babies r us has any chaperones left! I think I might have been really lucky though, they said I picked up the second to last one so it's def the last of the last.. I think a few places still have them available online though! I'm tellin you, everything about this seat is worth it.

Rolo - I really do hope it all comes tgerher for you once your lil man arrives & that maybe counseling will help you feel some sort of connect beforehand. I can totally relate to the "failed plan" (for lack of better terminology) becoming a very negative focus of your pregnancy. Just know you are not alone and planned unplanned thousands of women have felt the same as you are currently about their pregnancy, and some who have suffered ppd have even felt that way post birth. I very much hope it's just some pregnancy jitters and ppd stays far far away *hugs*
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:36 am

Rolo- Oh hun i'm really hoping things get better for you, i can feel your frustration through the screen. I'm hoping the counseling will help you out, and if only your DH would relax when he got home instead of have you see him all stressed out. I know that doesn't help at all.

Lucky- haha thats what were going to start doing! stocking up on diapers and 3 month to 6 month onesies because for some reason i gave my DD old ones all away and have a huge stock pile of 6 month plus but considering she was almost 8 pounds when born and straight in 3 month onesies i'm expecting the same this time around. I actually got a diaper genie for my first daughter and it has this lining in it that keeps any smell some escaping, honestly its a miracle but YES it can be annoying to empty lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups