Spring 2015 Babies!!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!!

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 am

My skin is breaking out again Sooo bad. My face chest and back is so broken out right now. I used to get a zit here or there around af but this is out of control. It's really taking a toll on my self confidence right now. As far as dry skin goes...I haven't noticed it too too bad but my legs are a little dryer than normal.

Yes I have been following her story. It's absolutely heart breaking. I don't know what I would do if I was in her situation but the decision would be hard no matter what. My heart goes out to her and her family.

So I just talked to the nurse and she said I will get the blood tests done at my next appointment at 16 weeks. On is called and ab (?) And then there's another one that checks for something else. Lol I've got serious preggo brain right now bc I literally just talked to her and now I can't remember. Oh well at least I didn't miss it.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks ladies,
Nicole- my forehead, ankles,and nipples are really dry and itchy..
As far as the genetic screening,my OBs office dropped the ball on me.. they were supposed to get me in for a genetic scan by 12 weeks and it didnt work out, then they were supposed to get me in at 14 weeks and i still haven't heard anything, i am now on week 16.. at this point I really dont care about it anymore..
What will be will be.. im too far gone now, after everything i've been through in this pregnancy, this little girl is a survivor and deserves a chance .. im not gonna stress myself waiting for results.. if a genetic blood test is offered I will take one,but i will not do anything that's invasive..
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 am

Yes actually i just read it; HEARTBREAKING. i teared up a little too. What a nightmare i can't imagine it or what she is going through. What a horrible thing to happen i wouldn't even wish that on my worse enemy. She seems brave about what happened which is always a good sign.

goddess- i'm sure your baby is a-okay. The tests are usually only pushed for women over 35 i believe :)
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

Also, guys, i felt movement the other day, Friday night i believe. Laying on my left side in bed i felt the flutter i remember feeling with my daughter. I'm only 14 weeks though so i was a bit thrown back lol. Some girls have told me women who get pregnant a second time feel it as early as 12 weeks.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 am

I forgot to mention that the constipation is absolutely horrible, i have added fiber,i have been taking stool softeners,eating prunes, and all that does is make me gassy and bloated.. evidently I need something stronger to help me go..I'm really scared to take a laxative so i turned to coffee,i know its not good while prego but not going poo for 10 or more days in a row is absolutely miserable..pre pregnancy after 3 cups of morning coffee i woukd go to the bathroom,and everything was right in my world..since getting pregnant I cut the caffeine out.. i went from going every morning to going once every 10 days or more.. i started back up with my 3 cups of coffee this morning and i know i dropped 10 pounds...i feel soooo much better.. whew! Sorry if tmi :oops:
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby shadypersephone » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am

Goddess - I SO feel you about the constipation. It was better for a while for me and after I came off of the progesterone it got SO much worse for some reason I don't really understand. I've been using Dulcoease and it's not cutting it anymore. I'm thinking about moving up to a Dulcolax and seeing if it's stronger than the Dulcoease.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby alpacamybags » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am

So I got some mail today, not my results for the genetic screening mind you, but it was my scan appointment details and apparently I also have an appointment on the same day with a "consultant" at the hospital. This is because of the surgery I had on my cervix in march last year. I have no idea what's going to happen at this appointment. Maybe they will measure my cervix, as I've been told is supposed to happen at some point in the pregnancy (in case I need a cerclage). Who knows. Hopefully my midwife will know as I'll see her before then...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 am

Oh I totally forgot...I'm officially in the second tri today...hurray! 13 weeks 3 days baby :)

If the constipation is still an issue there are these pills they sell at Walmart called colon clenz..I take them everyday and took them with all of my pregnancies. My ob said they are safe as I checked with him when I was pregnant with my first. They work wonders although not as well thus time around, I'm probably becoming immune to them by now lol. So anyways I take those and a probiotic every day and it helps a lot. I still have occasional days where I won't go for a few days though but way better than 10 days. Try them. :)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm

alpaca- yeah they'll probably measure your cervix. When they measured mine last week they said it was to the left, but everything was good other wise. Wouldn't hurt asking your midwife before the appt.

goddess, shady, ibogoehefam- yikes! 'm hoping the constipation lightens up on you guys soon now that your in 2nd trimester. Mine hasn't been super bad, i go every day or once every two days. I'm stuffing myself with fiber riched foods though so i don't know if i would be in the same boat if i didn't force myself to eat them 24-7 lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:29 am

Nicole - silly question, but, does it hurt?
Lauren - Good thing you mentioned probiotics, I keep thinking I should start taking some again! I've been very bad with taking my pills since I've had really bad MS; before that I used to take prenatals, omega 3s and MSM every night, and I've only taken my prenatals since being really poorly cause swallowing pills just feels so gross. Maybe I need to force myself to take more supplements again...

Today I am completely freaking out about my work. All I want to do is nap or lie down with a book but I need to buckle up and start getting stuff done because term starts 13th of October and once I'm teaching it will be 10 times harder to get any writing done :(.

Nicole - are you still gonna do Nano? I really want to but DH says I'm crazy, there's no way I can do it while teaching and having to write a bunch of other stuff...
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:46 am

alpaca- there are different ways they can measure it my doctor told me she measured my uterus first with her hands on-top of my stomach then we had to do a pap-smear. Its not like the regular one they do, they swap a bit more stuff from you which is really annoying and uncomfortable but safe for you and baby obviously. It didn't hurt when she was checking out my cervix she just told me to widen my legs because my cervix was to the far left. You will get more crampy afterwards though and probably spot a bit, i didn't exactly spot but my CM was brown for a few hours. Perfectly normal because they need to scrap more off your cervix and vaginal wall for like tests....also yes i believe i am doing it this year. Work is slow now that TIFF ended until about spring that all i do is apply for grants and schedule interviews for my boss so I have the time. I just don't know what i'm writing about this year lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby RoloCat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 am

Nano, as in NanaWriMo (November, writing month)? Wow... talk about mixing all my internet identities. Ha! I used to write. A lot (to the point where my hubs felt it was interfering with our marriage). Then some shit happened in my writing group and I lost my mojo. Haven't written much in a few years now, but I do have about 10 story ideas/summaries/first chapters and 3-4 WIP (one of which already has 70K+) sitting on my computer right now...

I am now officially in the second Tri.

For those of you who didn't follow me in the TWW blogs or on the TTC forum, my TTC story is not the norm. I never planned to have children, so I'm still having trouble accepting that this is all happening. I think I've just shut everything down until after the first tri was over and all genetic testing/appointments came back fine, b/c at my age, I just had a lot of doubts. I also didn't want to really think all that much about something that might not come to be for one reason or another. But... all test results came back in the clear, the doctor is happy with my progress, and we heard the HB last week at our 12wk appt. So now, here I am at 40, getting ready to start a family in a way that I never anticipated. TBTH, I'm floundering. The only real way for me to deal with it is to ignore it for the most part and treat the "condition" in a totally scientific/medical way. I'm totally detached from this pregnancy, emotionally, and just don't know what to do. I've talked to several friends, who even with planned pregnancies felt the same, so I don't think it's all that unusual, but it still makes me feel like a failure... *sigh* Sorry. Just feeling sorry for myself today, and it feels good to just get it out and say how I feel rather than just stuffing it b/c everyone who knows (hubs and family), doesn't want to hear how I'm "really" feeling.... We're thinking of going public this weekend (14w), so maybe after that, it'll start to feel a bit more "real". We'll see...

Anyway... 13wk symptoms: Still not a lot, which makes "accepting" this pregnancy even harder for me. Never had nausea or m/s. My acne and spotting (two biggest symptoms) went away at 8w. I'm not as hungry these days, and though I get tired more easily, I'm not feeling as bad at work in the afternoons anymore (although it wasn't really "bad" to begin with). Still have good energy overall, and am working out 3-4d/week in addition to the 2-3mi I walk every day at work (I park 0.6mi from work, so I walk at least 1.2 mi to-from my car every day). Boobs are still a bit sore, but nothing worse than PMS. They are a bit firmer, but don't seem to be getting any bigger. Nipples themselves are looking a bit purple now, but aerola haven't changed color, shape or size yet. I'm definitely bloated; I have a belly, but it's all bloat/gas/water, and not baby at this point (more noticeable as the day progresses, as well--still relatively flat in the mornings). I haven't really gained much weight, so only place I can see it is in my stomach/waist. I can feel my uterus poking up from behind the pubic synthesis now, too. Felt it for the first time last Friday when lying on my stomach to do some stretches/exercises. Hair on legs is growing a bit slower, but hair in pubic region and underarms is growing faster. I did have dry skin for the past week or so, but I'm guessing that's more likely due to the fact that we were at the beach 3 weeks ago than pregnancy (happens every time we come back from vacay, about 2-3wks later). It's starting to get a bit better. Started getting nasal congestion around 8wk; that's still hanging around. As is cycling between diarrhea and constipation. 2-4d of one, 1day respite, 2-4d of the other, 1d respite, repeat cycle. Today is a good day, so far. LOL (last 3 weren't overly pleasant). Starting noticing a white, pasty discharge about 3 weeks ago. Guess that's leucorrhea. Dr said it was normal. And, where my libido was out of control over the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy, I don't have much of a sex drive right now; even if my head wants to, my body won't cooperate.

Guess that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:58 am

Rolo- wow! are you going to nano-wrimo it this year?!!! ...also its so normal to feel detached from being pregnant. With my daughter i did not feel attached until the last month when i had dropped and contractions started coming. I'm noticing that this time around as well, part of me gets excited at some stuff but its the same feeling before. I've had family members warn me against being a surrogate mother for a friend i know after this baby, who just keeps having MC after MC, because i'll grow attached and don't believe me when i tell them that will never happen. Sometimes i get annoyed when strangers or not so close friends act all excited about my pregnancy and i have to 'fake' it because i don't want to seem 'evil' lol....anyway all your symptoms sound normal and healthy! Your 13 weeks in now so technically in the safe zone. Good luck telling your fam and friends~!!!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Rolo - Yay for another writer! You should do Nano too this year. I'm gonna try and do it pretty laidback, not aim for anything too serious like having a proper first draft of a novel or 50k, but any writing would be a positive in my book. I'm also hoping it distracts me from being pregnancy-obsessed. I'll cheer you on if you do it :)

And I feel the same way about it not being real. I feel incredibly detached, even if I have lots of symptoms, and I have a picture of the ultrasound, and we listen to the heartbeat on the doppler a couple times a week. I still feel like it's not happening, like I'm not pregnant. I don't know when it's going to hit me. I was talking to a colleague who told me she didn't feel like it was really happening until she was holding the baby in her arms.

Nicole - I still want to read your stuff, I think you said you had a novel available on ebook? I would literally read anything, I have very mercenary tastes.

I'm hoping to write this novel I was going to do for Camp Nano until I got unwell and decided not to do it. I've planned parts of it and written once scene so far. I'm finding it really hard as it's fantasy and I find it really hard to just invent a whole world. I'm very self-critical and always think all my ideas are stupid anyways. It's even worse when I read good books, it makes me feel even more inadequate...
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 am

MS returned for me this morning a bit, had to eat fast for fear of throwing up lol.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups