Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby Leezie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:55 am

Nicole- Fantastic name for your baby girl! I may be a bit biased though because my name is Elise ;) lol

My little sister nicknamed me leezie when she was younger because it was easier for her to say. Seriously though I've never had anyone make fun of my name, only tell me how beautiful it is. Other than sometimes people look at it and call me Elsie. It's a good French name :3
Me - 27 DF - 22
DD 4
Baby #2 EDD April 25th

Baby number 2 is on Team Blue!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Leezie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:14 am

I guess we’ll have to make a crazy early colostrum club, Lucky. Mine only seems to be happening at night and only on the side that I’m sleeping on. I need to stop sleeping naked cause the cat came up for a cuddle and got really interested in my boob. And it was leaking last night, not just boogers. WTH! 22 weeks?! And I have never heard of the early milk-early baby theory, Nicole. Hopefully, not too early, but I wouldn’t mind seeing her sooner rather than later.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:35 am

Leezie- is that your name! How amazing! I have always loved it, and my two year old's name is Aviana so i wanted something creative that went along with it. Elise has always been one of my favorites since high school we are just having trouble with a middle name, DH is being so picky haha. I also love your nickname, we where trying to figure out what people would call her for first and a few people mentioned Elle, and Lissy but Leezie is my favorite!

Shady- yeah it was on baby center, on its front page a few months ago. How leaking early is connected to early deliveries by a week or two. Some study from i think...UCLA in the states? I can't remember. Of course there are people who say there is no connection so anything goes lol They say if you have already had a baby that's your ticket in knowing if future baby will come early or later. My daughter was born on her exact due date so heaven knows with this one!
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Maybe I got it sort of early with d1 also, but it was still not until somewhere between 26-28 weeks. A gf of mine said that she didn't have anything until well after 30+.. And I did have dd a week earlier than my official due date, but I think that's bc at 39 wks I fell off some steps and landed on my hands and knees pretty hard (it was dark).. So I'm thinking she felt that jolt and was like hell no get me out now! Hence the week early Lol
Last edited by Luckyduck23 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:00 am

Just posting for book mark reasons
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:50 am

Nicole - Thanks for adding me! Is your 2013 Nano novel available to read? I'd love to read it!

LD - Sounds like it was pretty scary taking a fall in the dark this late in pregnancy! Glad you didn't hurt yourself at the time!

I'm really enjoying all the movements I've been feeling so much. It's really fun and I wish DH could feel it but I guess the baby isn't big enough for that yet.
Also, my ultrasound is now 4 days away! I can't believe it. My DH put his feelings rather poetically to me last night, saying he is "sh*tting bricks". (sorry that's a bit of a horrible saying, but he made me laugh)

I kind of want to talk to you guys about names and name ideas, but I'm just really weird about it. I don't know why I'm so paranoid. I've told a few people IRL and they just immediately start suggesting other names and making stupid jokes and it really annoys me. It's like everyone hates my name ideas or something... I'm so paranoid I'm even worried my husband hates the name I picked for if we have a daughter. I've been sure about this name for years and I am really really set on it. But I'm scared he's only agreeing to it because he tends to go with the flow. And the whole French vs English name is really annoying. I quite want French names but I also don't want them to be hard to pronounce for people here. And I'm also self-conscious about my family finding some names hard to pronounce too, so the same goes for some English names...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 am

lucky- wow that sounds scary, thank god you and baby where alright though. That's one of my fears, falling while pregnant badly in 3rd trimester.

Alpaca- it comes out the 25th in canada and the 27th worldwide! I'm so very excited for it, i can't do much publicity until the day its released though, i think its because Nano team keep reworking the cover of the book and won't have it down-pack till the day it comes out lol....aww your DH will be able to feel the baby soon though and he'll love it. Are you excited for the ultrasound???...baby names! Its a bigger issue than most people think. I can relate to you on the girl name you';ve loved for years and had your heart set on. Its the other way around for me, when we have a boy i KNOW his name has to be Connor. I just have always loved it and wanted it. With my first daughter it was kind of difficult. Everyone had their two-cents about name picks like 'why don't you name after this grandma? this aunt? etc.' The hardest part is naming the baby after someone in the family is always going to cause some jealously and i wanted to avoid that. Ask your hubby seriously if he likes the name you have picked out if its a girl and ask if he has any ideas of his own. My hubby went with the flow with myh first daughter and with this one. I choose Aviana because i heard the actress Amy Adams mention the name in a interview (she named her daughter that) and fell in love with it. For some people its hard to pronounce but say it enough around them and they got it right. I always loved the name Elise and for some reason it didn't pop in my head during my first pregnancy. Its a french name and my husband's family is french so of course no debate there lol. I think with baby names you just 'know' it fits. Like in your heart of hearts you know once you hear 'that name' that its the name of your baby :)

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:33 pm

It was pretty scary but I only missed the bottom two steps, was dark so I couldn't see. I thought I was fine though because i didn't hit my belly or start having contractions but one I got home to get in bed (close to 2 or 3am) I couldn't fall asleep and when I thought I needed to pass gas I pushed and water splurged out... And walla I was in active labor! Crazy, but definitely glad we were both Ok and it makes for a great birth story lol

I definitely think I'll be having this little one early, like I said probably only 2-3 weeks early but early none the less!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:00 am

Lucky- i'm kinda hoping mine pops up early as well, already i'm getting in that restless stage where i just want her out so i can see her lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby RoloCat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:21 am

I want mine to come early just so he isn't too big. Not looking forward to pushing a watermelon out of a lemon-sized hole....
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby alpacamybags » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm

LD - that is a cool birth story! Scary for sure but still pretty cool.

Rolo - Your choice of image made me laugh out loud! I'd rather not start picturing a potential watermelon-sized baby...
But I don't think it's very likely genetically in my case. My brother was average and I was a little under average size-wise. I don't know about DH and his siblings but they're all on the short side (not that I think it means anything as I'm 5'8 and was a small-ish baby, so who knows the correlation there between size at birth and adult height...)

Nicole - That's so exciting for the book, and I'm looking forward to the 28th already ;) (not to mention Nano will be done by then, so I'll be more up to reading)

So today I was a little worried because I hadn't felt the baby move since last night, and I've been feeling it move constantly since I felt movement. I was a little worried throughout the day. And then I had this meeting with this professor about doing a potential project at his university. We were sitting having tea and cake and suddenly the baby started kicking like crazy and I was so relieved! It was hard trying not to show any reaction.
Actually it was a bit awkward because there was a talk right after our meeting and he was going and sort of expected me to come too, but I told him I was too tired and going home and he looked really puzzled. It was really weird because I couldn't say "well duh I'm pregnant and this is Friday night, I want to go home and put my feet up!". I'm not hiding the pregnancy per se, but because the project wouldn't start until next academic year, I don't know why I should bring up the pregnancy really... I hope I didn't put my foot in it saying I'm tired... I probably should have made up an excuse instead... Oh well! You live and learn!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Alpaca- sometimes i don't feel my little girl until late at night and sometimes i feel her all day. Don't worry too much about it. All babies are different, some won't stop moving in the womb and some don't move at all lol...also if he's a guy he may have not gotten that you meant it was because you are pregnant LOL so no worries on that front either!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Nicole - Haha yea clearly he just looked a little confused but didn't push any further. I'm not sure I can keep hiding the pregnancy forever anyways, lots of people around the university are aware of it + people gossip (seriously, it's pathetic...). Because this guy is a visiting professor I don't think he's aware yet but if I keep seeing him around in a few weeks it clearly will be very visible.

I'm finding out the gender tomorrow!!!! I'm so scared. Not about the gender, but about the anatomy part. I can't wait to see my baby though, the movements have been really nice but I want to be able to see that it has grown and it's doing okay.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lbgoehefam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Yay alpaca, can't wait to find out what you're having! It's about time right?! ;)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 am

It's a girl!!!!!!!! It was so amazing! I can tell you the name now :). It's Alienor Iris Renee (family name will be double-barrel with dad's name: Garratt, and my name which is a type of blue/green colour in 8 letters that starts with a T, except it's spellt without the E at the end - sorry I'm a bit weird about writing my name as I've had problems with online stalking, but hopefully it's easy enough for you guys to guess)
Alienor is after Alienor of Aquitaine, a French queen who ended up remarrying an English king and she was also the mother of Richard the Lionheart. Alienor is the medieval French version of Eleanor. And very conveniently, it has a very simple nickname, Ali! (hope it compensates for how weird/complicated it is)
Iris is DH's late paternal grandma and Renee is mine :)

I'm so over the moon you guys! And I managed to get my cervical scan a wole 4 weeks early and it looked really good! Hope you guys all had a lovely weekend. I'm so exhausted now, it was all very emotional!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups