Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby RoloCat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Broke down and called the doctor's office. Nurse agreed that weight loss was likely due to diet change and nothing to worry about. Just keep eating, balancing carbs and fiber with protein. So off for my afternoon snack of raw veggies and hummus, to be followed later with celery and peanut butter...

On another note, baby boy is really rolling around in there these days. Feels really weird to experience slower, more deliberate motions of his entire body rather than just quick kicks or jabs with feet and hands. And when he shifts in one particular direction, I can pretty much palpate his entire head from the outside as he presses down on my bladder (only way to get him to move is to press on his head. LOL). This little dude definitely likes the head down position, and he hangs out totally on my right side. I can feel hips and shoulders in the middle of my abdomen. Left side is empty, and feet hang out all the way to my side on the right. When I'm sitting down and reclining just a little, you can clearly see the lumps on the right and nothing on the left. LOL
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Rolo- glad nurse told you it was probably nothing! You must feel so relieved....i'm with you on the crampy space down there! lol we probably all are with you on that. does it ache sometimes when he moves? Sometimes my little girl moves so quickly that it feels like shes jabbing me ugh hate it.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 am

Guys I'm having the weirdest day. Had my midwife appointment this morning which was cool as it was with my preferred midwife (and she also made sure I have her for my next appointment. I had a really bad experience with another one at my last appointment). So everything went more or less well; I'm measuring at 27 cm (I was 28+6 today) which is okay, low blood pressure as usual, baby head down and body to the left (think it's called left occipitoanterior position). Apparently it's a good one so hope baby stays there hehe. I had traces of protein in my urine so I think they're sending it to the lab to check maybe. But the midwife wasn't too worried. What went really weird is the midwife told me "Oh it says you're rhesus negative in your blood test results from your 10 weeks blood draw" (love how no one noticed or mentioned this before now...). To which I answer "But that's not possible, I've been O+ my whole life, just like the rest of my family". So she took my blood again (had to do it to check iron levels anyways) and sent it to the lab to check. If it comes back as rhesus neg, I have to get anti-d injections on Monday.

So as soon as I came out I called my mum like WTF!!!! And my mum is so confused. She said she'd check at home on my health file. In France you get this little booklet at birth you keep until 18 on which everything is written (vaccines, allergies, blood group, growth/weight charts etc). So she's gonna try and find it as I obviously left it at home when I left for England to study 8 years ago... So now I'm waiting for her to call back with the info and a friend texts me "have you seen what's going on in Paris?"

And there's been this terrorist attack on a newspaper not far at all from our neighbourhood. It seems the people who were killed were people inside the newspaper's building (including a bunch of famous cartoonists; that makes me even sadder somehow, what is the world coming to when cartoonists are getting killed?). So now I'm even more anxious waiting for my parents to call. It's one of my dad's favourite newspapers as well. It's just all so weird.

I'm so exhausted and stressed out, I should be working on my job application for the Scottish job but all I can do is sit on the couch and pet my dogs waiting for the phone to ring...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:36 am

alpaca- yeah i saw that on the news this morning. Charliehebdo magazine lots of people i know read it here too they love it, so scary and awful....sounds like you have a good midwife, she seems thorough. I'm sure she can figure out what the hell went on with the blood test. I also know of the pocket booklet you are speaking of! They give them to you in canada too, bright orange so you can't misplace them hah and they record everything. Handy too. Crossing my fingers for you your mom finds your booklet fast!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:53 am

Nicole - thanks! I'm so surprised people in Canada are reading Charlie Hebdo, I didn't think it was that big! And it's cool you guys have those booklets too, I think it's sad they don't have them here. I used to love looking at mine when I was a kid.

Finally had my parents on the phone; they're okay, obviously shocked and sad like everyone else is. My mum has put my dad in charge of finding my booklet while she goes shoe-shopping (clearly she has priorities lol). Although my mum and brother are for sure O+, turns out my dad now isn't so sure if he might not be O-, he's trying to find his blood donor card to find out too. Maybe I'm O- after all...
I hope the lab results come in quick; I have to have the injection Monday since I'm leaving for a week Tuesday for France/Belgium. It's supposed to be done at 28 weeks and I'll be 29+4 by then...

Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:58 am

Alpaca, I saw my gma post on fb about Charlie, so sad and senseless :(

But I wouldn't worry too much about your Rh factor since this is your first pregnancy, even if you don't get the shot they will still give you the shot when you're in labor.. From what I understand getting the shot in your first pregnancy is to protect your future babies, this baby is very very unlikely to be affected at all. Here a snippet from babycenter -
"Being Rh-incompatible isn't likely to harm you or your baby during this pregnancy, if it's your first. But if your baby's blood leaks into yours (as it can at certain times during pregnancy and at birth), your immune system will start to produce antibodies against this Rh-positive blood. If that happens, you'll become Rh-sensitized — and the next time you're pregnant with an Rh-positive baby, those antibodies may attack your baby's blood."

http://www.babycenter.com/0_blood-test- ... en_1480.bc

(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:34 am

Alpaca: Congrats on the LOA position! That’s perfect! Hope baby stays put! And super weird about the blood type confusion. Like lucky says, don’t worry about the rhogam shot. It’s okay if you get the shot late. The only time you HAVE to get the shot is if you KNOW the baby is a different RH factor than you are AND you mix your blood. It’s a preventative thing most of the time. Do you know DH’s blood type? Hope they get that figured out soon. I read about the terrorist attack this morning. So sad and scary … especially with how close it is to your apartment.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 am

Thanks guys, I'm not incredibly worried about it, I just want to make sure the whole thing is sorted out as it's just confusing me so much right now. DH is rhesus positive, but obviously it doesn't mean for sure that baby girl would be. I did a bit of research on how the whole thing works genetically and it turns out that even with both my parents being rhesus positive, I could be rhesus negative if both carried the negative gene. A bit like how I have blue eyes when they both have brown eyes.
I had the whooping cough/tdap vaccine today and that was painful and sucky. Between getting poked yesterday and today it seems like that's all I'm doing right now. And guess I'll go for thirds Monday if it turns out I'm indeed rhesus neg and get that rogam shot. I am not really looking forward to doing all that travelling next week... Yes, it's only by train, but still, it probably won't be super comfortable. And I haven't written my talk for the conference yet. Whoops. Thankfully I'm not talking until the last day, Saturday. So I can always just finish it last minute in my hotel room.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

alpaca- yeah i wouldn't stress out about it yet, and these days the advancement in medicine is so good and doctors are more skilled (most anyway LOL) that they know exactly what to do, and the risks for this stuff.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Also guys, we found a house! Or more so, we BOUGHT a house lol.
It was so fast and like, okay this house popped up this past Monday and our realtor sent it to us but there was no pictures of the inside of the house and the outside is not great looking. But its an old Victorian which is what i desperately wanted. Anyway all our realtor said was it wouldn't stay on the market long so I told DH 'okay just make an appt to see it whatever.' I had no hope because they always say be 'weary' when there are no pictures of the house's insides.
So we went Tuesday and MIND BLOWN. It was completely redone, top to bottom and it looks fantastic! 5 bedrooms. 5. One in the basement which will be the guest room and 4 upstairs, so YAYYY i get an office. But its exactly what i wanted right down to original stain glass window above the staircase that i so desperately wanted haha (i'm weird i know). The kitchen is massive, and i guess i'm gonna have to use that room more now lol
So we made an offer and actually had to go through a bidding war. That was so stressful but we outbid the other couple by only 500 bucks AND i said that we would give them over 60 days to move out and the reason i said that is the 60 days time frame is RIGHT after baby is suppose to come. Like days after. So i told our realtor to tell them we would give them till end of march (mostly because I didn't wanna move right before baby arrives OR days after she arrives) and they took our offer because of the extra week they get! Closing day is march 27th now.
Anyway I'll post pictures but i'm SO excited because i so wanted a bigger place for when this baby comes we need the room!
I also had NO idea how much stuff you have to get done a mere 5 days after you agree to buy it, its been so hectic and stressful i can't wait till next week when its locked in and we get a lawyer to do everything.
Attachments
yt.JPG
yt.JPG (74.24 KiB) Viewed 215 times
dasfd.JPG
dasfd.JPG (37.08 KiB) Viewed 215 times
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG (34.6 KiB) Viewed 215 times

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Oh my god!!!! Congratulations!!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! The house is gorgeous!
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 pm

And que the insane jealously!!! OMG Nicole it's gorgeous! So happy for you & DH, & how lucky that it turned out to be exactly what you wanted(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 pm

shady-thanks! we are so excited for it, i wish i had more pictures but those are the ones i managed to take when the realtors weren't looking haha.

Lucky- yes i am so happy i got most of what i wanted in this house. It felt like 'fate' walking in as lame as it sounds. I'm happy we get it after the baby too, maybe i won't be so sore lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Awww Nicole, that's great! It's beautiful! Congrats. It'll be so nice to start off with your family of 4 in a new home all of your own. I'm super happy for you guys!
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Oh and 5 bedrooms means room for more kiddos ;) ;)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups