Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:55 am

Got the results of my Glucose tolerance test, I passed, but low
Hemaglobin. So now I get to take an iron pill every day which basically counteracts the damn stool softeners and is what caused birthing a freaking shit log the size of a baby out of my ass 6 weeks after giving birth to dd1. If you can't tell, I'm pretty pissed off at my body right now. It's fucking expected bc of my damn UC, but NXKCISNSJDKDNSSNCKCTVUSMNXJX!!!!!!!!!!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 am

Lucky- EXACT same thing happened with me. Passed the test, but iron was low now I'm on iron pills which sometimes wreck havoc on my stomach if i take it when i am NOT full. I'm hoping that its easier for you though this time around, sounds like it was awful the first time for you. Fingers are crossed.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 am

Nicole, yea it was a pretty literal hell on earth. No one told me how backed up you get post birth so I didn't care much that I was going maybe once a week for a month before labor. I was like ok well i don't have to take them after birth and I'll be fine and hey with uc, going once a week is a nice break sometimes. Given I flared in my first pregnancy, it WAS a nice break but 1000000% not worth the hell it brought later! And I asked my ob what I could do to counteract the iron pills backing me up, got the same stupid advice I got with dd1 (drink a lot of water and take stool softeners, uh, DUH) and it doesn't work!!! But I know the baby needs the iron and there's not much else I can do about that so I hope ur right, I really really hope it's not as bad this time :oops:

I know you've mentioned it before but it really is crazy how in sync our pregnancies have been!! Like whoa lol
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Lucky- i know its weird haha when i read you are on iron pills now i was like 'that's crazy!' ....does eating fiber help at all? Some woman swear by oatmeal to help with constipation and what not.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Awww lucky I feel for you hun. I had the same problem pp with all 3 too. Plus hemroids... I was one miserable bitch! Literally crying and struggling and sweating to go to the bathroom, Tmi I know...but it sucked! Ando I wasn't even on extra iron until after delivery bc of blood loss so I can't even imagine having to start it now.... :(
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Nicole, unfortunately none of that helps me. If I I overdo it on the fiber I run the risk of a UC flare which is worse than anything for baby at this stage stress wise. Beside that, I'm already eating oatmeal every morning since I've already been struggling to stay regular because of the iron in my flinstones vitamins! :( basically my only hope is to load up on probiotics, something I didn't do last time, stay religious with the stool softeners and keep up the oatmeal breakfast..and pray. Lol
Lauren, girl I been through it once and u can't top tmi with me in that situation. I can't imagine 3 times!!! DH was ready to call me an ambulance and I had to make him leave the premise for a few hours. Yes, hours! I would seriously be lying if I said I wasn't more worried about THAT than actual labor!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:53 am

Hey guys, finally made it back to the UK last night. I'm wiped out, it was all a bit of a nightmare. I slept 4 hours a night the whole way through for various reasons (in Belgium the conference would start early in the am and they would take us to a restaurant until 11 pm, and I was so on edge I could barely sleep, in Paris I have the neighbour upstairs from hell who works in cinema and is on drugs so she makes a hell of a lot of noise at night...) so now I'm feeling really under the weather.

Lucky - yea I found out my last appointment I needed iron tablets too. The way my midwife put it she said my levels are fine now but because it tends to get worse as time goes on they'd rather I take the tablets so gave me a prescription. Can't say I picked them up yet, a) it sounds like it's not urgent, b) hearing all this talk about iron tablet making ppl constipated is scaring me. Being prone to lovely haemorrhoids I tend to try and avoid anything that make me constipated, haha.
And yup I'm glad we don't do routine glucose testing here! Can't say it sounds particularly pleasant from you guys' talking about it!

Oh also DH and I went to our first prenatal class yesterday. It was a little disappointing; I know more than the instructor about a lot of the stuff (reading books and talking to you guys!) and the people in the course seemed really stuck-up (well, you know, british lol). They kept saying how they didn't want to see/know anything graphic. The girls were all "ewww" when we discussed things like the mucus plug, or how doctors break the membrane. One told me "I would rather not know about this stuff", and I said "but it's good to be informed about all your options, in case you need to make a decision, right?" and she looked at me like I was mental :(. I'm worried everyone dislikes us already. It's kind of disheartening. DH also was the only dad who knew about giving birth in other positions than lying on your back... Everyone was so clueless, and happy to be clueless as well. It was so surreal!
I'm so glad I have you guys who aren't afraid to talk about "graphic" stuff and it's so nice exchanging all this info instead of being so complacent about being ignorant...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:46 am

Oh alpaca, that all sounds quite nightmare ish, especially that class! How could you not want to know what happens to your body through something as crazy and complicated as creating a life?! That just blows my mind..

I had my growth scan today and they couldn't have had a worse woman to do the scan. I'm there for inefficient weight gain, and as soon as I said that (bc she was asking all kinds of questions tang weren't really questions SHE, random technician lady, should be worried about) she got an attitude like I'm SOOOO lucky that I'm underweight bc she's very much overweight. I'm sorry I've wished for curves my whole life and you wish you could lose some but leave me alone about how I'm eating if ur going to be obviously jealous bc I DONT WANT TO BE THIS SKINNY!! I don't enjoy worrying about whether my baby is getting what she needs bc my body is deteriorating! Just, ugh . And I had my friend with me who is good and curvy herself and the lady kept looking at her like she was suppose to be on her side. Uh no lady, that's my best friend and she knows my weight struggles and even she said the lady was being an undercover bitch about it!

Anyway, very happy to report that Jordin is getting along just fine, she's a lil chunkamunk at 4lbs 10oz!! Was so happy and relieved once I heard that weight, she's even a little bigger than dd1 was around the same time. So I'm guessing she'll be about as big as dd1 maybe even a full 6lbs by the time I have her! AHHH it's getting so close! Not the best pic since I'm so far alon and it's 2d but here's a cute lil face shot with her arms tucked up(: I seriously can't wait to meet her!! And only 3.5 more weeks until I'm considered full term!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 pm

alpaca- thats horrible about the lack of sleep but now your home so you should be able to try and relax and catch up on sleep!

Lucky-awww im so jealous you got a growth scan, you get to see your baby girl again one more time before she pops out...also what arude technician. You think she would 'just maybe' think that that kind of talk would make you uncomfortable? like for gods sake you didn't decide to be underweight for this pregnancy. No bedside manner what so ever obviously.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am

Guys quick question. Okay my baby shower is this Sunday, early i know but February can be a bad weather month here in Ontario (haha) so i wanted it done earlier. Anyway its only about 20-25 people this time and its at a expansive Chinese/sushi/Japanese restaurant that charges 15 bucks a person. My question is, do i/should I still get party favors? Like little stuff to give each guest as a thank you? They are always cheap stuff from party stores right and some of them look very lame. Anyway DH and my mom think i shouldn't because we are paying fro everyone's dinner and drinks.
What do you guys think? What would you guys do?

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 am

I would totally skip the favors if you're paying for food and drinks at a fancy place.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby lbgoehefam » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:29 am

I agree I'd skip them. I think most people would appreciate a thank you card afterwards just as much.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Okay thanks guys. I wasn't sure what the deal was when its at a restaurant. I'm going to skip it for sure :)

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:46 am

Nicole - Definitely skip the favours and go for thank you cards instead. I hope you have fun at the shower, it sounds like it's gonna be fun (and good call on doing it before it gets too cold!)
Lucky - So nice to hear your baby girl is doing well and growing well! That ultrasound tech sounds awful (and bitter and jealous). People don't understand that it's not nice having health issues. I used to have these two overweight friends who would joke that they wanted my digestive health issues to be thinner. We're no longer friends...

Had a crazy day running around for errands etc that finished with the post office closing right in my face as I was bringing in my parcel for the virtual baby shower. And Braxton Hicks are back with a vengeance tonight after three days without any that I spent resting in bed after travelling and catching a cold.
Tomorrow will be 60 days left for me, it's starting to get real. Bought some raspberry leaf tablets and perineum massage oil today... Gearing for the birth! Do you guys are doing anything special in those last few weeks? Eating a lot of dates LOL? (I remember someone posted an article on the forum about eating dates to minimise labour pain/shorten labour)
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:51 am

alpaca- haha i read that somewhere too! i don't like them so I never did it, my first labor was super short and easy but I may start doing things to make this one just as easy as well especially since I'm not doing as much Pilates as I did during the first pregnancy. I know what you mean about the braxton hicks too! Some days i don't feel anything the like 'bam!' and i freak it may be labor. 60 days for you is gonna fly by i bet!!!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups