Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby Leezie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:18 am

Congratulations on your baby girl!
Me - 27 DF - 22
DD 4
Baby #2 EDD April 25th

Baby number 2 is on Team Blue!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Leezie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 am

Alpaca- OMG i know that story of queen Aleinor! I don't even know how but i do! What a great name, i'm so happy for you! You guys must be so excited now that you know the sex. And that everything is perfect in there. I told you not to worry, are you telling any family or friends the sex? Or keeping it hush hush?
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:46 am

Thanks :) I couldn't be happier seriously, but also so exhausted and drained at the same time. We've been telling family and friends via phone/texts/email etc. I thought a gender reveal might be nice but frankly between the fact my family is in France and our relationship with his family is tense at best, well, yea, we're keeping it low key. I hope we might celebrate somehow tonight, but I do have my Nanowrimo write-in from 5:30 to 7 or so, but maybe we'll have a nice dinner out afterwards.

It's so cool you heard about her Nicole, she's not huge or anything so most people are like 'uh no idea' lol.
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby shadypersephone » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 am

Congrats on your little Alienor, Alpaca!!!! Such a pretty girl! I’m so glad that your cervical scan went super awesome!!! Are they going to continue to monitor it to make sure it stays good? And I like the name you picked out; it’s very sophisticated. What does your husband think now that you know she’s a girl?

I was really productive this weekend: carpet and linoleum got picked out; hospital was toured; all my crafty stuff was packed up and taken to mom’s; pediatrician pre-registered. I felt really weird being the only person on the hospital tour who asked questions. And there was only one second time mom in the bunch, so I'm not sure why the others didn't ask questions. I dunno. A coworker just told me that most people go in thinking “get this thing out of me by whatever means possible” and although I can imagine being at that point, I can’t imagine being made complacent by it. Does that make sense? Basically I went in with my birth plan in my head and made sure the hospital procedures didn’t conflict. Another weird moment: writing out her name on enrollment paperwork for the pediatrician.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Congrats again alpaca on your baby girl! What a beautiful name for her too. I'm so relieved that everything is A OK with your cervix as well. I'm sure you are just soaking it all in Today :)

Shady, sounds like you had quite the productive days. It always feels so nice to get a bunch done and accomplished and able to check it off the to do list :)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 pm

We are in the process of getting 16+ inches of snow. Oh boy.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Lauren: Oh my god! 16 inches?! Stay warm and safe! When it snows here, we don't know what to do with an inch, let alone over a foot! Holy cow.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:31 pm

Alpaca- my husband's side of the family is french (my side is polish, russia and a bit greek lol) so his dad always tells me historical stories since i seem to be the only one who listens to him haha He's told me of her before yes....and sometimes telling people low-key is best. The most important part is when the baby is born afterall!

Shady- ahhh! you are making me feel as if i'm behind haha. Good for you though, being prepared and getting your ducks in a row. It makes you feel better doesn't it? Knowing where everything is, how its done, how they'll follow your birth plan brings on a sense of calm in a mother to be.

Lauren- omg 16 inches? I would die, i hate winter am such a summer person although i like some winter sports like skiing and sliding but that's it haha. Has it started to snow yet?

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Aw I'm so glad you got your babygirl you wanted alpaca! That's so awesome, she's going to light up your world like you never knew was possible(:

Shady - I'm jealous of how productive you're being! I still can't even think straight, let alone figure out what needs to start getting taken care of.. I'm just glad I got the car seat already lol

Lauren - I hope you can stay warm with all that snow, my goodness! I wouldn't know what to do.. I had my very first encounter with snow last winter when I moved to la, just once and barely enough to cover the ground.. Wasn't really a fan, I am so not one for the cold!

Afm, I am so excited to see my babygirl tomorrow! Scan at 1030am(: I'm still stuck on the name Jordin so she may just be baby Jordin but have yet to think of a middle name. My bbs are back to feeling totally normal but I can now stimulate colostrum. I feel huge and uncomfortable 90% of the time.. Idk how I'll make it to march this miserable already! IRL everyone is saying I'm still small but I'm telling you I feel like a whale and there is no room for anything in there.. I eat toddler sized portions now (I literally give my 3yo more than myself in a sitting) and still feel like I'm about to explode :( otherwise everything is perfect! Also, DHs attitude has improved immensely and he's showing some real changes.. I think he's really starting to come around and we are finally starting to talk about "the plan" so that's been pretty comforting(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Oh! I lied! I did think of ONE middle name I thought MIGHT go ok with Jordin, mainly because it starts with "C" and id like for her to he able to use the nickname JC (JAYsee- I think it's so cute as a girl nickname!).. What do people usually call "Jordans"? Just jordan? Anyway. It was Clair. I can't decide, because they're both unisex names, and Jordin (even spelled differently than the more masculine "Jordan") leans toward a boys name more than a girl and alexander is the last name so it's all kind of masculine? Plus I think it may have only popped into my head because someone else had already had a debate over the name Claire for a boys middle name (I can't recall who or if in our ddc, so sorry!) so I'm not even sure how I feel about it if that makes sense. Jordin Clair Alexander.. I do like it I think.. It's so weird writing out possible names!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:23 am

Lauren - Oh no, the snow sounds dreadful! I hope you're all okay and keeping warm! I'm not looking forward to snow season; we live in an old victorian building on the last floor and it's a flat roof so the snow just sits on it for ages...
Shady - Hubby is really happy it's a girl too. He says he's happy he gave me what I wanted most (even if accidentally lol). He's so excited now and he keeps calling us his princesses (well he's got 4 princesses now if you also count our girl doggies!)
It sounds like you really have stuff under control, which is great. And I can totally relate with you asking all the questions and bringing your birthplan. I feel the same way about being a first time mum, I want to make sure I know what's going on with everything. Although we're planning/hoping for a home birth, seeing as it depends on whether 2 community midwives will be available when I go into labour I want to make sure I know what my local hospital's policies are.
Nicole - awww your father-in-law sounds so great! I used to be like that with mine, he'd always talk to me about various history/theology stuff he's into that no one wanted to listen to. That was before the whole prison thing... Haven't seen him in almost 2 years now...
LD - I love Jordin, it's a great name! So I have a question about Clair/Claire. Is it Clair for a boy and Claire for a girl? Or it doesn't matter? I've never seen Claire spelt without the e, but names are often spelt differently in UK english vs US english. Whichever way, it sounds really good together, and JC is lovely for a nickname. So nice to hear things are going better with your DH and he's getting on board.
Hope your scan goes great and you enjoy seeing baby girl! I'm still on a little cloud from mine yesterday. I was so exhausted from all the emotion though, hubby and I had dinner out in a nice pub to celebrate but we were both kinda falling asleep over our plates lol.
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:16 am

Alpaca, I bielieve "Claire" is English spelling and "Clair" is French? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with masculine vs feminine spelling at all.. But I dropped the e because DHs middle name is French after his mothers french ex (whom I'm convinced may in fact be DHs real father, long story, but it is Larue! Which is what I was going to name my son, love it! Obviously I don't care much about name interpretation lol).. It seems only fitting that if this Dds middle name can be frenchy, it should be! Dd1 took care of naming after the MILs lol

Only about an hr and half before I get to see her again! I hope that dang placenta has moved, I'm a little nervous
I'm going to be told we need to go ahead and plan for cesarean which I definitely don't want!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 am

Lucky- Love that name. Its perfect. I think you choose a great one, i love the nickname jaycee as well. Glad to hear that DH is finally coming around, and hope he still does. Maybe it was some weird life crisis he had earlier or somebody nasty whispering things into his ear? Or it just all hit him and he's excited for new baby? ....Have you gained much so far vie pregnancy? Or is it bloating that makes you uncomfortable and such?

Alpaca- we live in a Victorian on the top floor as well, DH's dad owns it and turned it into a duplex and hes kind enough not to charge us rent like the other tenants but i get the snow on the roof bit! Our bedrooms are on the very top where the attic use to be so in the winter it gets cold up there so fast because there's hardly any insulation between the ceiling and actual roof. I adore old homes like Victorians but the insulation bugs me lol...also sorry to hear bout your dad in law in prison, that's what you mean? must have been hard on your family.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:39 am

Placenta has moved!! and she still hasnt grown a penis lol

Everything is perfect and she's gorgeous, was playing with her feet the whole time (that's a foot by her head!), head between her legs all squished in what looked like the most uncomfortable positions! but she's very cooperative so I hope that trickles over to after she's born too.. I'm so convinced this little girl is going to give me hell because dd was so easy!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:18 am

Nicole, oh lord no it was definitely not anyone influencing DH in his feelings, it's simply the fact this was unplanned, a 4th girl for him (when just like myself, he only ever wanted 1 boy), and a few different generally stressful life factors.. he was just overwhelmed with it all and extremely upset with me for coming to stay with my parents for the pregnancy (which I thought we had agreed was a good idea but turns out he was deadset against it & was just too sick to fight about it the entire week I was packing). His main issue is having another unplanned child (our dd1 is his only planned baby), and when it turned out to be a girl it was like reality hit him about everything that's happening and everything that will be changing..for another girl. And I really don't blame him for having those feelings bc I feel pretty much the same way, I have to TRY to be excited about this baby bc of all these circumstances, shit I honestly don't want to deal with either, but I do blame him for his actions & how he's treated me through this after all we've been through & that's where we're making headway. Just , men. Unprepared men. That's about the gist of it.
& I think I'm uncomfortable bc I'm just out of room! Babygirl is already 1lb8oz, i was 95-98 lbs prepregnancy (underweight for sure) and am now I'm at 109, so basically the Only weight I've gained is 100% baby stuff.. Between the extra blood, the placenta, and a 1.5 lb baby there's not a square inch of room left in there for food or anything else and it's pretty miserable :/
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups