Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:57 am

Well i had a decent baby shower, there was a storm that hit Ontario Sunday, still with us! so a few friends couldn't make it but all in all it went pretty well. I was so tired by the end of it though lol.

I have a question about using the raspberry tea, now it says it SHOULD NOT be used it if you had a labor that was under 3 hours. Which mine was. Labor kicked in at 11:30 pm, baby was out at 1:32 am. But i read an interesting article on baby centre that women who drank tea, any tea, during the last stages of their pregnancy with caffeine in it where known to have SHORT and EASY labors. I definitely drank tea all through my last pregnancy, and this one, because coffee is too much.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:07 am

Dang! That's a really short labor? Are you worried that this one will come quicker? I haven't heard about the any kind of tea thing... I'm gonna look into it.

Super excited you had a great shower. What was your favorite gift?
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby lbgoehefam » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:43 am

Glad you had a good time at your baby shower Nicole! Ivery never heard of that about the tea either...does that incluDE coffee? And is the tea only ones with caffeine? I drank a lot of green tea and pregnancy tea with my first and still had a little over 12 hour labor, although I was induced so that may be a factor in it, I did push for over an hour as well. Although you were induced as well right? You did have an extremely short labor!! Especially with it being your first! Fx you don't deliver in the car this time lol.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:58 am

shady- I'm a tad worried this one will come quicker yes. See what happened was i was induced because of high BP at 8 am and it did nothing. At around 9pm they went in to break my water and still nothing until 11:30. That's when the contractions started and then the pushing started at 1 am. Baby out at 1:32 am lol. I don't want to be induced again but at the same time i feel comforted knowing that I will be in the hospital at least when the baby does come as oppose to the scary thought of it coming out before i get there....also my favorite gift was probably this adorable bright yellow cardigan from H and M my friend bought, along with a few other pieces. It was/is just SO cute lol

lauren- LOL thats what i'm worried about! Because the first came so quickly and easily that this baby will just pop out as i'm heading out the door. When i was induced it was at 8 am and it did nothing so at 9 pm they broke my water and contractions didn't start till 11:30 then i pushed around 1am, or even a little bit beforehand. At least with the possibility of being induced I know i'll be in the hospital when the baby comes haha. Also i don't know why the research focused mainly on teas and not coffee but the teas they focused on where teas like tetly and red rose all the ones with only60mg of caffeine in them in each cup. Based on two or three cups a day as well. I'm gonna try to find it to post it.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 am

Nicole - Glad your shower went well in spite of the horrible weather! Did you take pictures? What did you wear?
Interesting about the tea theory. I drink a daily cup of redbush (so no caffeine), so I don't think it's gonna help much. I also try and force myself to have a cup of nettle daily at the moment but it only happens on occasion (it tastes pretty gross). I couldn't find the raspberry leaf tea but got tablets instead.
I can't believe your labour was that fast, that's nuts! Wonder what's gonna happen for you this time. How far do you live from hospital? As long as you're not too far the whole fast labour thing shouldn't be too much of an issue. I've been reading up on unassisted births because I have this weird irrational fear we'd end up stuck for some reason and had to deliver baby on our own. I kinda feel it's worth thinking about for anyone really, you never know what could happen...

Hope you guys are having a good day. I'm having to be a brave girl today and take the train so I can go work in the library and then go to a seminar at 5pm because my supervisor is giving a talk and I figured I should make an appearance... Literally like a zombie today; birth class finished at 9:30pm last night so by the time DH and I got home, ate some dinner, did random chores, and he planned his lessons for school it was 2am...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:14 pm

alpaca- Luckily i'm only 5 minutes away by car from the hospital and my doctor cause i'm downtown, after i move it would be about 15 minutes so i'm happy we move into the new house end of march lol...I've actually read some articles by doula's and midwives about giving birth at home if you can't make it to the hospital yes! During my first pregnancy it was a fear of mine, this time not so much because i feel I may be induced again. My BP the other day was over 140 which is high...it still sounds like your doing a handful which is good because it means time should fly by for you lol don't tire yourself out TOO much. Do you find yourself sleeping more or even longer at night? I've went from 7 hour sleeps to almost 10, yikes.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that I created a part 3 for us since we're over 20 pages now.
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 pm

awesome! thanks shady where is it? post link please lol

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:37 pm

shadypersephone

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups