Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 2

Postby alpacamybags » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 am

LD - Yay for the placenta moving, I'm so relieved for you! No one wants to have to plan for a c-sec :(. At least I know I'd rather not! And your little girl looks so funny doing her gymnastics in there :) So cute! Sounds like the situation is complicated with DH and the new baby, but you seem to handle things really well and that can only be a good influence on him! Sometimes I feel like women know how to deal with life stuff so much better than men! We don't just crumple and fall apart, you know?

Nicole - Yea I love old buildings and old houses, they have so much more character! It's a shame they aren't always the easiest to live in, especially in terms of heating/insulation. The jail stuff I had explained in a thread in our due date club (which is in the private part of the forum, unlike this part of the forum) but it's now disappeared - along with all the threads started prior to a certain date. It had to do with kiddie p*rn (hence why I don't really want him anywhere our baby girl) and we separated for 8 months as I kinda freaked out over it and wanted to get as far away from his family as possible... It's an absolute nightmare of a situation. So I just focus on us and our family and try to ignore that stuff.
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:19 pm

lucky- awww look at her feet so cuteeee! I don't get my next ultrasound till end of January now and that's the 3D one so im bummed...i'm also SO glad that the placenta has moved for you! Seems like good luck is finally coming your way eh? lol. Was your first daughter delivered via c-section?

alpaca- i'm so sorry, i couldn't even imagine that situation happening to me ever its so horrible. But it seems like you dealt with it well and the separation was what you needed during that time to distance yourself from it, how scary. I agree 100 percent with you in keeping him away from any of your future children.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Nicole: You’re so not behind! I’m just crazy with the planning. I did the same thing for my wedding; I had everything done about a month prior.

Lauren: How’s the snow?

Lucky: You’re ahead of me in the carseat department. I don’t want to make multiple trips and getting my husband to meet me there with his car is hard for some reason. I really like Jordin Clair. And such a cute nick name: I knew a girl JC in high school. And it was me who was debating using Clair as a boy’s middle name, but total non-issue now since I’m having a girl! People always say that you always have a baby that’s the sex you can’t think of names for; we had our girl name picked out years ago and struggled with boy names. Also, I think that Alpaca is right about Clair being for a boy and Claire being for a girl; but I really don’t think that matters at all in today’s world. And fan-freakin’-tastic that DH is coming around. And DD2 is SUCH a cutie with her foot like that! Do you think she was sucking on it? I’m very glad that the placenta moved up and you can go for a vag delivery.

Alpaca: That is so cute that your husband is calling her a princess! And adorable how outnumbered he is and that he doesn’t care.

Alpaca and Lucky: I think you ladies are awesome for handling the situations you’ve been dealt with such grace.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby RoloCat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

LD--with you on no room for food. I've been having trouble eating "full" meals for several weeks now. A few weeks ago, we went to dinner with some friends. I was full after the salad and appetizer. Had to take the steak and potatoes home (ate them for lunch the next day). There have been several days in the last week where I ate a larger lunch, and wasn't even hungry (and had no room) for dinner. Went to the doctor today for this cold, and I haven't gained any weight in the past 8 weeks, so I'm up 8lb total since prepreg (I was 10-15lb over where I wanted to be at time of conception, so I'm not all that worried).

I think my belly has finally "popped" just a bit, although since I haven't really gained much weight, I still think it looks more like all over bloating rather than a bump per-se. Maybe in another week or two I'll actually look pregnant rather than just bloated. Still in all my regular clothing (stretchy yoga pants and lo-rise pants), though...

I've finally begun to feel the baby moving, too. Mainly just little taps every now and then, usually when I'm sitting down. I think he sleeps a lot, b/c the movement isn't constant. Maybe when he gets a little bigger it'll be easier to track.

I've got the "change of season" crud right now. A bit different than the course it usually follows. But the coughing is playing havoc... Started coughing yesterday afternoon, and by last night, my stomach muscles were sore. Now, every time I cough, my uterus feels like it's contracting, so I'm trying really hard NOT to cough. Getting some new cough syrup this afternoon that's safe during pregnancy, so hopefully this will calm down sometime soon.
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lbgoehefam » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:34 pm

So here's what we got snow wise in the past 48 hours and it's still coming down although very lightly now at least. Schools up here were canceled yesterday because of it.

I'm so incredibly sick :( in fact everyone in my household besides dh is really sick. It's an awful sinus/head/chest cold with body aches and fever. Sorry I haven't done personals lately, I'm still reading along with everyone. I just feel so icky and it's hard to focus on anything. Ugh i hope it starts to clear up soon. I do feel a tad better today than the past 3 or 4 days but still a long way from 100%. I've been trying to eat a lot of vitamin and herb rich foods to try to fight this puppy off so hopefully in the next few days I'll start feeling like my old self again. Baby is kicking up a storm so at least he doesn't seem to bothered by my sickness lol.
Attachments
20141112_141907_resized.jpg
(213.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Rolo: To be honest, if I wear my prepregnancy clothes, I don’t look pregnant either. It’s just when I put on the mat pants and the shirts that I look huge. Otherwise, I just look a whole lot chunkier. In the past two weeks, I feel like she’s gotten a whole lot stronger with her movements. I really hope you feel better soon and that this cold doesn’t settle further into your chest.

Lauren: Holy cow at that snow! I really hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and your family.

Forgot to mention earlier: DH and I SAW Gwennie move yesterday. So fun!
shadypersephone

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Nicole, alpaca, & shady - thank u! hopefully it stays on this track with DH and I'm definitely happy about the placenta! Though I wasn't too worried yet, seems like it's pretty common for it to be low early on & move up later(:

Nicole - no way girl, I had dd1 vaginally and it was all so fast! But I ALMOST had a csection with her (and was begging for one bc I wanted her so bad to stop the pain, NOT looking forward to that again!) bc her oxygen started to drop with my first push, so they started prepping me and I had to push again, she was out with that second push and a little help from forceps. Hoping it's just as quick this 2nd time around WITHOUT the complication!

Shady, I knew it was you! Well I really thought it was but couldn't find the original post so I wasn't sure. And I figured if it was you it wouldn't be too much an issue bc like you said, babygirl took that dilemma off your hands lol It was so funny watching dd with her feet in her face, no clue how that's comfortable! lol! I think she was def toe sucking for a second but mostly she was just being squishy & modest. I totally asked if she grew a penis and the tech (who happened to be the same lady from my anatomy scan) was more than happy to take a look but man babygirl was set on those toes! Had to give her a good jiggle of the wand to get her to stick her butt up, but as I mentioned before she's cooperative! Modest & cooperative, liking that combo lol(: and I also saw her moving last night for the first time! I tried to record it for DH but of course as soon as the camera came out she was done. Bah.
I love love love my car seat! But it's definitely making me sad staring at it for SO long without a baby to put in it bc I love it so much I WANT TO USE IT! Lol DH thinks I'm crazy for getting so happy over something like that haha :p but if you're like me at all and get excited too it might be a good idea to hold off on the bigger stuff anyway(: & I'm glad you think I'm keeping it together nicely given my circumstances, but I promise I'm not near as together IRL. Getting there though... I still feel incredibly lost on the whole thing!

Rolo - It's been like this the past 2 weeks id say, and it's just awful! I have a small meal and literally end up with my food creeping back up my throat not even partially digested (not reflux) bc it doesn't fit. It's gross, my belly feels so taught and round, I think I'm waddling which I NEVER did with dd, and it's all just SO irritating. I'm hungry! I want to eat, and I want to eat EVERYTHING but I can barely eat ANYthing :(

Lauren - oh no! I'm sorry your so so sick but atleast babyboy doesn't seem to mind.. Already showing his manly resilience! Lol(: I hope you're "over the hump" and are just around the corner from being back to yourself *hugs*
That snow is INSANE!!! I wish I could experience snow like that just once, for like 24 hrs and then I'd be good. Not sure I want the whole shebang lol

Afm - nesting! Finally had the energy and motivation for a HUGE cleaning spree today, organized every room in my parents house, threw away tons of trash (my parents love to collect junk mail on the table, ugh!), went through every corner that had clothes stuffed somewhere and sorted that, swept/vacuumed & TONS laundry of course (only about 8 loads!), and now working on sorting through Dds old baby clothes for what I'll actually use for dd2 and what needs to be donated. Fun stuff(;
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Lucky- yikes that is so scary! So happy she ended up coming out without a c-section. I have a question, did the forceps hurt or cut you? Like with my daughters birth, she was out within twenty minutes just before they wanted to try the forceps and i didn't rip or bleed much so i was healed within a week and a half. I'm just asking because i know it probably won't be that easy with this next one and i may need forceps as must women do, so i just wanna know.

Rolo- how exciting you finallyh felt him! Looks like your feeling a tad better with the pregnancy though so thats awesome...what syrup are you using may i ask? I just wanna be prepared in case i need to use one with this upcoming season.

Shady- aww did you see her move? I love that!

Lauren-omg you are depressing me with that picture. I am a summer person so i wish the snow to stay far far away from where we are.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Yes Nicole, I was in absolute agony afterbirth and up to 8 weeks postpartum+, bc I tore TWICE on the inside, once on each side from the forceps and NO ONE even bothered to tell me so I had no idea why postpartum sucked sooo bad when the birth seemed so easy. I didn't find out that was the case up my6 wk follow up and the ob on duty told me I'm healing nice for what I went through.. I was like what??! I'm generally a quick healer but this was something else. Not fun, def hoping to avoid it this time! But then again, I was at a naval hospital as I was still covered under my dads insurance at the time, and it def had a "bad rap" for l&d. Maybe it was the doctors fault?
Last edited by Luckyduck23 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Nicole the second one is almost always much easier on the pushing part than the first so I doubt that forceps will be necessary especially if you didn't need them the first time. I was like you with dd1, they were just about ready to start using the vacuum/forceps when I gave one or two more pushes and she was out so I ended up not needing them, thank goodness, that recovery sounds terrible lucky! Although my recovery was still pretty bad.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:24 am

Lucky- omg that is horrible! Did they give you any painkillers or nothing because you breastfed? That's so scary but yeah i agree with you it definitely could have been the doctors fault if the hospital wasn't one of the bests as well, luckily you won't be giving birth there again! The doctor who delivered aviana was not my own since mine was on vacation (suprise surprise the cliche is true in canada lol- your obgyn will always be on vacation when needed just like in the movies) and she was awesome but afterwards about three days when i was home i got the chills so suddenly then a fever at the same time for like a split five minutes only and felt like something come out on my hospital pad. Then my fever and chills stopped. I went to the bathroom and there was a big bloody clot looking thing. Turns out it was probably some of the placenta that that doctor 'missed'. I gave birth to it like a second after aviana but i guess some got stuck and the doctor didn't bother to properly check which when i looked up reviews on her was something she was guilty of, lots of women complained she had forgotten to check everything and bits of it where left behind in them. Gross. Luckily mine came out on its own.

Lauren- yes i'm told them and my first was so easy though i keep thinking my second will be the opposite because who has a easy labor like mine on the first go? I'm trying not to jinx myself. Did you end up tearing anyway and stuff? thats my fear. I didn't tear with aviana but i'm scared about tearing with this one.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 am

Nicole, I told my best friend the same thing yesterday about how I'm scared there's no way my second (this time) will be easier.. How can it get any easier than it was with my first?! 8 hrs of labor start to finish & 2 pushes! I mean come on it just doesn't get easier than that! lol. & I had the same deal with the clot thing also, like exact same thing but it happened while I was still in the hospital so luckily I had plenty of nurses to check me out and make sure I was OK after that. And I didn't know my delivery dr either! Literally never met him in my life and don't even remember his name, but that's bc "my" ob got new orders 3 months before my edd! That meant the last 3 months of my HIGH RISK pregnancy I saw a different ob every 2 weeks up until delivery, and they sent some random to deliver my kid lol seriously, I kind of have a ridiculous birth story!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey guys, I'm still here reading along but I've been feeling under the weather and like I'm starting to get a cold so forgive me if my answer isn't the most structured/well thought out. (My cold isn't as bad as yours sounds though Lauren, seriously hope it gets better soon! And that it gets warmer too)
I need to go out to do grocery shopping and buy another dehumidifier with DH tonight and I just want to go to bed and sleep forever. But I'm teaching tomorrow so no can do...
Reading about you guys's labours (Nicole and LD) has been edifying to say the least. I have to confess I have an extreme fear of forceps because my mum had to have them used to get my brother out fast (he was in distress) and they butchered her so bad that that's why she had cervical incompetence for me and had to be put on bedrest/had me a few weeks early. Oh and she was screaming she was going to die as they pulled him out of there. So if anyone gets near me with a pair I will literally flip out and go into rage mode and start attacking them with the forceps, or something.
I've been reading about hypnobirthing today. I'm literally reading everything I can get my hands on; Bradley method, Lamaze, etc. Just to get an idea of different techniques for coping.
Shady - I wish I were "coping", but really my main technique is called the ostrich, head-burying-in-the-sand kinda thing. If I ignore it, it might go away!

On an even more depressing note, it will soon be the one-year anniversary of my assault. I was on holiday abroad with a girlfriend (while DH and I were separated) when it happened. I have not heard from the investigation in something like 9-10 months (because it happened abroad it is 10x more complicated as they have to coordinate between countries).

So that might be why I'm down/under the weather. But on the bright side of things I guess my life has improved by a million degrees between then and now. It might have taken me getting a bunch of tattoos and getting pregnant, but I feel like my body is mine again, and I am very happy in it. And with what's growing in it.
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:49 pm

alpaca- i'm so sorry to hear about your past assault, not sure if you mentioned it to us earlier and i just missed it (?) or what but i can only imagine how unnerving it is to realize its been a year. But, again not knowing what it was about, i am safe to assume in saying you where one of the lucky ones yes?....I'm in the same boat with you on the cold front. Last night i started to feel a sinus migraine and decided to tap out early instead of attempting to take some baby safe meds and i still have it today; plus a bit more of a runny nose then normal, more tired and sneezing. UGH tis the season i guess. Speaking of tattoos! Getting my first one right after my baby and i am SO excited, i've wanted one for years but things kept getting in the way.

Lucky- omg that would tire me out! different doctor every week, you think they would assign you one seeing as it was a high risk pregnancy and one doctor could get to know your body better. One on one and all. Makes me feel a tad better that you had that weird clot thingy as well so maybe its way more normal then i thought it was!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Lucky: I couldn’t find the original post either when I looked. Gone in the ether. I ended up going with the Britex b-safe carseat (well, the whole travel system). It is WAY more comfy to hold and pop in and out than the other carriers we tried. I know what you mean about getting really excited buying “the big stuff.” It’s just so much more real when you’re buying the important things, you know? And I’m kind of loving nesting: I get SO much more done than normal. But still, after 8 loads of laundry, I would have probably started flipping tables.

Nicole: Yes, we saw my whole lower belly pop up. I’m not certain if I’ll get to the that’s-totally-a-foot stage of movement since I carry extra padding, but it sure is exciting to see her getting stronger. My bladder disagrees entirely.

Alpaca: Just send DH out with a list tonight! Take care of you at least for a few hours. I prefer the ostrich method, as well. Especially if I can ostrich without my husband demanding that I pull my head out of the sand. But if you send him out to grocery shop, you don’t have to be interrupted. Also, I’m taking Bradley Classes right now and absolutely love them. They’re expensive, but I think it fits my personality more than the other more in-depth methods. Downside: it’s turning me into quite the crunchy momma. I suggest getting this book: http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Childbirt ... 0452276594. It’s more modern than Dr. Bradley’s books, although not by a whole lot. I’m also reading the La Leche League’s breastfeeding book. I have no idea what to say about the anniversary of your assault other than I hope the day passes easily, I’m sorry you had to go through it, and that you continue to suffer from the memory of it. I hope he got what was coming.
shadypersephone

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups