Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

Postby shadypersephone » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm

That's adorable, Alpaca! I have a cat that has become incredibly obsessed with sniffing my nipples; not so much with licking them - thank god. I was getting ready one morning (which I do naked) and Malkin was snoozing in the sink. I leaned over him to put on lipstick or mascara or something and when I straightened back up, I noticed that I had put my boob straight in his face and he was making the stink-face that cats make. So I guess the kids can smell them a whole lot more than we can.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3 fr

Postby Luckyduck23 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm actually really suprised by how little reflux/heartburn I'm having with this baby.. It was bad for a few weeks but has totally calmed down the last week, furthering me to believe babygirl has fully dropped! Alpacas right about the Zantac, it's probably the one thing that will help any but y'all are probably in for it until your Los drop as well.. the reflux comes from your stomach being pushed so far up from your uterus, not necessarily any extra acid production. It was sooo bad with my first! I was eating tums like you are now shady..which I found out later on turns out all of that extra calcium apparently isn't good for the baby and theyre an extremely temporary fix (but I was seriously eating tums like candy, as in 2-4 tums every 30mins-hr, 2 hrs MAX all day everyday from about 25-38 wks, and my first is totally healthy so not sure how bad it really is, don't cen rememeber the specific reason either, I just remember reading something about it sometime after I gave birth).
I totally feel for y'all though, believe me!!
Alpaca, I am rolling laughing about your pup!! That'll definitely be a story to "gross out" babygirl when she's like 10 years old, and then when she's grown and having one of her own (yea, crazy thought huh?!!) she'll laugh with you(: so funny!

Afm: I have my diaper bag packed and ready, my list for the last minute grabs (toothbrush, deodorant, etc) and now it just feels like its "that time"..the super slow countdown where time stands still. All this time has totally flown by and is now starting to feel like it's decided to stop in its tracks! Nesting has kicked in but there's nothing left to clean or wash and I'm just over here like tick tock goes the clock.. I swear everytime I use the bathroom (#1 or 2, doesn't matter) I smell mucus..tmi and all but it's grossing me out to smell it everytime and I'm not even losing any plug yet (atleast not that I've seen). I'm just over being pregnant at this point.. It's exactly like the last month with dd1 was.. Great easy breezy pregnancy and then BAM, complete and total misery for the next 4-5 weeks. Waking up every night at 2-3am and being WIDE awake but exhausted, feeling so big it hurts, getting random bouts of extreme anxiety for no reason at all..getting overly emotional about *everything* and *nothing*.. And the worst part is I have no DH to make me laugh about it all this time, just time and more time to dread going into labor and the even worse lack of sleep soon to follow from having to feed a newborn every 3-4hrs..I am seriously terrified of labor!! But am seriously ready to get it over with!! I'm just rambling now..Oi Oi Oi!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Tums stopped working for me a while ago, i use about 1/4 of a teaspoon baking soda and mix with 4 ounces of water and drink it really fast it works wonders
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:54 am

Shady - Your cat sounds adorable :) Happy birthday btw!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! (just saw it on facebook)
LD - You sound so ready I'm beyond impressed! Seriously, way to go girl! We're nowhere near ready, our place is in absolute shambles, especially after the week from hell we've just had. I can imagine the wait is going to suck, for all of us I'm afraid. How is your DD feeling? Is she starting to get really excited about her little sister coming soon?
Goddess - interesting recipe, I'll have to give it a go!

I just bought new maternity jeans on sale online (I can't cope with my skintight skinnies, I needed some comfy boyfriend-cut ones) and a nursing dress on sale too. So that's clearly showing progress in my mental state, being able to buy stuff is a good indicator. Two days ago I'd just sob at websites of maternity clothes...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks guys! Picking up Zantac today for sure to prepare myself. Last night it struck AGAIN and i stopped eating around 6 and drank nothing but water until bed at like 11. Was horrible.
Target is closing in canada because they dropped the ball opening here, except in Ontario where I live they did an awesome job and I'm pissed they are closing because i LOVE target. Anyway there massive sale starts tomorrow where everything will be 50 to 70 percent off so i'm stocking up on baby stuff and basically anything and everything lol.

Goddess- I'm definitely going to try that before the zanatac since I may not get that till tomorrow and i'm sure the acid burps will pop up again sometime today

alpaca- LOL at your dog. But i'm viewing it as a tale of caution and now keeping my pup away from that area (he likes to cuddle around my neck when i lay down)....Good for you buying maternity clothes! I have literally stuck to leggings and long dress sweaters or blouses during this pregnancy which is due to laziness.

LuckyDucky- I've been debating whether to pack my bag yet! I guess i should, being almost 36 weeks now and chances of being induced early are still on the table for me; i like how you made a list of last minute things i'm stealing that idea so i don't forget anything. I'm sorry DH won't be there to distract you from the uncomfortableness that pops up around this time too, the last few weeks are the WORST. Just know were ALL with you on the labor, and i hope yours goes by swimmingly this time like a drop of a hat.
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 am

Alpaca: I think I love you. No, I’m pretty sure I do. I had ZERO heartburn last night. No vurps either. Seriously, why did I not think of this earlier?! Just wait till you try the Zantac Nicole! And thank you for the birthday wishes!

Lucky: Add me to the list of those insanely impressed. I’ve got her diaper bag packed and a smattering of things that I’ll need in a closet together, but I’m lacking clothes for me and hubby to put in the bag. I have spares/travel sizes of most of the last minute stuff; just need to grab stuff like pillows and chargers. I made sure to put the "Honey, you better not forget this stuff" list on the fridge along with the list of people to text. I was trying very hard to keep my Tums consumption to fewer than 7 a day because I didn’t want to give myself kidney stones. I’ve had heartburn from the beginning of my pregnancy (I’m one of those lucky ladies that gets it hormonally – I get it during my periods as well, but no other time than that) and up until now, the Tums have been cutting it. I cannot wait until this girl drops. I feel like she’s been very bouncy lately. Sometimes I think, “geeze, she’s SO low” and then a few hours later she’s bounced right back up like a cork.

Goddess: If I get into a bind, I’ll have to try your recipe. Fingers crossed that the Zantac holds out for the next 4 or 5 weeks!

So, I posted the baby announcements (one for spam and one for roll call) yesterday for our DDC and it made everything seem way too real. These babies are coming and coming so soon! I mean, I feel like Gwennie is never going to get here and then I look at the calendar and realize that I’m getting close.
I had a dream last night about being able to tie my shoes and pick something off of the floor without being uncomfortable. I’m so over this beached whale feeling. I’m tired of putting on my compression socks and trying to get my shoes on my feet. I love taking baths because they help my back, but I really struggle getting my heavy ass out of the tub: it’s like 50-thousand pounds heavier than it should be.
I had two showers last week (one from work and the other from family and friends) and Gwennie racked it up! I even washed all of the soft goods that she got. They’re folded and put away. I still need to install her car seat and write about 5 million thank you notes. I have my GBS test at next week’s appointment. Hopefully, I come back in the clear. If not, I’m really hoping that they don’t keep me hooked up the whole time I’m there.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:26 pm

I got the zanatc ladies so i'm ready to arm myself with it tonight when my acid reflux pops up lol
Had my doctor's appt today and i have gained 7 pounds within the last 3 weeks which is okay considering i was a 'tad under weight' as my doctor kept telling me up until todays appt lol Now shes like 'watch the food', honestly so confusing. Also she's keeping me 'under tabs' since my BP was 138 today and warned me that i could definitely be induced anytime after valentine's day weekend!

Shady- I have my GPS test on feb 18th UGH and considering it was positive the first time it will probably be positive again. Which blows chunks. But i was only hooked up on the antibiotics around 6 pm and i was checked in at 8 am so yeah if your positive then you probably won't be on it the whole time.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 am

Shady, crazy once you realize how close we really are isn't it?! I've obviously been amazed about this for the last week or so lol I still can't believe orchid is getting induced next week..we will have our first official ddc birth and from there anyone could be next! I'm already desperately trying to figure out who's next(; lol

Nicole- ahh!! You could be after orchid!! Hopefully that bp stays down though, I think it would be nice if you could have a non induced labor this time around.. Even if the first induction was a breeze I've heard some pretty awful experiences about inductions so yea, hoping for a natural labor for you this time!(:

I'm definitely feeling like she'll never come.. Time has stopped. And I've started to get some pretty bad Charlie horses in my left leg, weird pressures on nerves in my hooha & bum when standing too fast, and more slippery wet cm than usual (time for liners).. Just a few more weeks..
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:01 am

Shady - So glad Zantac worked for you! I take it with dinner and it gets me through the night without suffering. So worth it. I even had a veggie burger last night with mustard, bbq sauce, a slice of tomato and a pickle. Don't know how I could have eaten it without the Zantac hehe.
Nicole - I know this is going to sound crazy but there is some stuff online about garlic to prevent GBS infection. Some people apply it topically (ugh, sign me up!) but you can just try it orally. It's not massively scientifically proven but it might be worth trying just in case. I'm quite scared of doing the GBS test because it basically means bye bye to the homebirth. I'm allergic to penicillin so can only get the antibiotic through IV (with penicillin you can get an injection in a big muscle instead). It blows. Although some women get the antibiotic IV and then go home to give birth but it sounds like a faff...
Hope your BP doesn't go too high, even if your induction went okay last time, I'm sure you'd be happier not to have to go through it!
LD - 31 days left is nothing, you'll be there in no time! Not to mention your DD was early last time so you might get an early surprise too ;) Glad to hear about your wet/slippery CM (god that sounds creepy of me). I keep worrying I'm leaking amniotic fluid so knowing it's a normal thing to have makes me feel a little better/less paranoid.

afm - Progress today: I washed some dishes. I know it's pathetic but that's more than I've managed to do in days and our place is in such a horrible state. DH is lovely and does lots of great things like doing all the dog walking right now, cooking, and grocery shopping, but cleaning isn't his forte.
Not so fun thing of the day: my phone still isn't working. I changed operator and no one told me about unlocking my phone to be able to do this. I finally managed to get the request through today and they said it might take up to 10 days... It's really not the best time for me to be phoneless but hey as long as I can be home with the landline that's okay. It's not so convenient for when I go to the hospital if I need to call from there...
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:36 am

Alpaca, totally normal don't worry, and u don't sound too creepy(; lol the end of pregnancy comes with a lott of bodily fluids going nuts lol Cervix is probably starting to thin out I guess so that's probably what starts up all this extra cm!
Also I'm pretty sure I was positive for gbs with my dd and had the iv antibiotic, didn't have any issues with dd or have to be induced or anything crazy! I'm also allergic to penicillin alpaca, which I'm actually thankful for lol I'll take my 7 day z packs or iv antibiotics over weeks of amoxicillin pills or penicillin shots!
Do they not have phones in each individual room at your hospital? Not that I have anyone's numbers memorized (or that I would care to dial anyone when in labor.. Seriously no one would have known I gave birth to dd1 if it wasn't for my mom updating everyone lol) but there are phones in every room in every hospital around here so I'm not too worried if I say, forget my charger or something like that..
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:55 am

LD - There was no phone in the L&D room I was in both times last week (and that was the plushest room in the hospital...), but I think there might be a phonebooth somewhere around the maternity reception, I'll have to remember to always carry coins just in case! I also realised I don't know DH's number by heart so I need to write it down somewhere so I can have it on me at all time. I know my mum's number by heart but that's not incredibly helpful seeing as she lives in another country lol. Not exactly the person to call for emergencies!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:21 pm

alpaca- I'm gonna try that garlic thing ASAP. So hopefully in two weeks it could come back negative. The IV was mostly annoying once it was inserted in my arm. And don't worry, my CM is in high gear as well haha its normal!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Hows it going for everyone?
Its another day of the sharp pressure down there that has me pause what i'm doing and pray for death lol. These Braxton Hicks are so annoying bad this time around.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm doing pretty good. I was pretty sensitive/emotional toward some things my dh said this morning and had a good hour long cry lol. I've actually been pretty emotionally/hormonaly stable throughout this pregnancy so it was a little surprising to me that I got so worked up, I think it was to dh too as he's been extra sweet the rest of the day towards me, even made us an awesome dinner of fresh shrimp and tuna steaks for dinner and pigs in a blanket for the kiddos. It must be being pregnant with a boy though bc I was seriously a hormonal wreck with my girls and I've (for the most part) been extremely level headed throughout this pregnancy thus far.

Nicole, I hear ya on the bh. Mine are getting more and more frequent and more intense, I'm pretty use to em by now though.

I've been having some crazy dreams and a few horrible nightmares lately now again. Last night I woke up from the worst dream ever where I got in a car accident (one of my friends from high school was driving and went all psycho and swerved the car into the woods on purpose) and I had my 2 year old dd with us in the car along with a bunch of other random old friends, so I got out of the car after it wrecked and couldn't find my dd, we ended up in my parents driveway for some reason and I found her under the foot peddle of the car with a really serious head injury and I instantly picked her up and started praying to God to save her and screaming for help...then I woke up crying.... absolutely terrible dream :( So I got out of bed for a while to wake up a bit and when I went back to bed I had a completely different kind of dream, it was super strange and erotic with some random guy I don't even know in real life and just plain crazy lol. I don't know how my subconscious comes up with this stuff....

Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good the past few days. The aches and pains have died off quite a bit so that's been a nice break. And I've been ordering stuff and buying stuff for baby like crazy. I've spent quite a bit this past week or so but I feel good bc I finally feel like I'm prepared for when baby arrives :) I washed all the baby clothes I bought so far in the sizes up to 3 months in the dye and scent free detergent and softeners and have it all folded and put away. I also have my hospital bags packed besides the list of stuff Im still using everyday that I'll throw in before we head out the door. I'm getting pretty excited now...not too much longer! You all better stick around after you have your babies if I'm one of the last ones to have mine though!! I just have a feeling I'll go towards the end of March and I know most of you are due at the beginning, some with a history of going early so....don't forget about me ;) it's been so nice to get to know all you wonderful ladies from all over the world and come together to share this experience with each other.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:53 am

Lauren- I'm with you on the crazy dreams Lauren! last night i dreamt i gave birth to my baby girl in our bathtub and it freaked me out so much, even though baby was totally fine when i scooped her out of the water, i woke up and double checked everything to see if my water broke. Then i felt, and still am feeling, like that feeling that i have to poop but i don't because its baby's head. It makes me nervous and reminds me of labor lol....and i'll definitely be sticking around! I wanna see everyone in march have their babies and hear birthing stories! Hey and who knows maybe your little one will come early?

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups