Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

Postby shadypersephone » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:37 am

It's been just over a week now and we're doing well. Breastfeeding is going really well. The only problem I have to report is that sometimes, Gwennie won't let anyone but me put her to bed/let others hold her when she sleeps. Not sure what that's about But it really sucks because it interferes with my sleep.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:04 am

Oh I'm so glad to hear breastfeeding is going well! I've been enjoying all the pictures of Gwennie on facebook, she looks like such a precious little cuddly munchkin. I hope she gets used to other people putting her to sleep, it's still really early days so it might take her a little time. Don't have any useful experience to share or advice at this stage yet, sadly, but hopefully one of the experienced mums can chip in.

afm - I keep getting painful contractions at night, hope it's not gonna be like this for several weeks as I'm getting rather sleep-deprived and I'm gonna need all the energy I can muster for that VBB (they won't do augmentation, ie. pitocin nor epidurals with VBBs so basically you better have an easy natural labour or you're bust and straight to the c-sec).
Went to a "nearly new sale" this morning and got a bunch of stuff: bouncer, playmat, nursing pillow, lots of cloth nappies, a ring sling, a few clothes. It was fun but a bit cutthroat with everyone being quite competitive.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:41 am

shady- my daughter was like that the first week or so after birth! She loved to be held by me and only me, she would fuss if someone else held her but it was a phase so hopefully its the same with you :)

alpaca- i always wanted to go to a Nearly new sale here! So many people swear by them and get the best stuff so cheap, barely used or not even opened yet!...do you have any other symptoms with the contractions? back ache?
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:05 am

Nicole - Yea really horrendous back ache and hip pain like I'm being torn apart. I kicked DH and dogs out of bed at 4am today after I'd been suffering since 1am. I managed to get back to sleep around 5am with the help of a hot water bottle. It seemed to really lessen the back pain, thankfully. The uterine pain I can deal with somehow, but the back and hip stuff is intense.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

alpaca- I feel you on the backache, really really excited for that part to go away after this baby comes out. Do you have one of those electronic blanket warmers? I've had to use that a few times cause it felt better wrapping it around my back and hips.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Nicole - Oh actually that sounds so nice! It was kinda hard balancing the hot water bottle on my back while sleeping on my side.

I got some EPO today so gonna try and be brave and use it internally as well as orally tonight. Kinda yuck lol. Not looking forward to it! Between that and the perineal massage, kinda dousing myself in oil down there haha. Sorry about the gross image!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Lol alpaca, grease er up!! I started taking the epo 2x per day about a week ago. I want to do it internally too but I just don't want to deal with the mess of it :/ I'll probably start it internally sometime this week though and just suck it up and use a panty liner (it's not like we won't all be in pads soon enough anyways right?) I'm a little worried about taking it as I just read someone's post about it thinning the blood or something like that?? Bc I've always had a lot of troubles right after delivery with the delivery of the placenta and loosing a lot of blood and my uterus has a really hard time clamping down....but I'm hoping it will help so I don't tear at least.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Yea, I just read this article saying it's unsafe but I'm not that convinced by it:
http://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/
I think it's worth not taking too much (some people are taking humungous doses it seems from reading online!), but I don't think the usual 1g orally + 500mg vaginally, or around that figure, is dangerous. I don't know. It's been used traditionally a bunch and I figure it can't be all that dangerous or people would know. Some people say raspberry leaf tea is dangerous too. Any herbal supplement always has the issue that there are no proper peer-reviewed scientific studies to vouch for their safety. Someone should get on it really.

Yea I'm having to wear pads already because the oil I use for the perineal massage seems to come out randomly at night/during the day. Gross sorry! But thought I might as well do the EPO vaginally since I'm already wearing a pad lol.

Did you get a shot of oxytocin to help with getting the placenta out/avoiding too much bleeding? I'm usually kind of against interventions, but that's one I'm definitely considering. It was already on my birth plan for the home birth as I figured I didn't want to risk a bad haemorrage at home!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:12 pm

I take it twice a day orally, i'm too chicken to stick it up down there. Maybe its working because of the slight bleeding and cramping and loose stools today so who knows?

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby shadypersephone » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 pm

I got pit for the placenta and still hemorrhaged....
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby Luckyduck23 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Alpaca, They put me on an oxytocin drip at 6am and had Jordin at 8am.. (which I JUST found out is the exact same as pitocin! WTH?!), wasn't even given an option!
The bleeding for me this time around is so much better than it was with dd1, I'm almost done bleeding I think and it's already no longer red (today is day 3 PP!). I have no idea if I got the drop with dd1 but now I'm thinking I didn't bc with her I passed clots for a good week or two and bled for what felt like Forever PP with her. So with that, i say do it. Then again like shady said, it's still not goin to gurantee you don't hemmorage so I guess it's really up to your preference whether that bit of intervention is worth it to you since your wanting to go as natural as possible(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:03 pm

They also had to put like 5 things of cytotech up my bum to try and help the blessing and get my uterus to clamp down :/ I had a manual scraping of my uterus with all 3 dds and ended up needing a dnc with dd1. Not a fun time. But yeah I'm pretty sure they used pitocin as well to try and help with the hemorrhaging. The doc said that of I wasn't taking a prenatal wuth iron throughout my pregnancy that I would have most likely needed a blood transfusion with dd3. This is what I'm dreading most about labor and why I'm really scared to not get an epideral bc the scraping was actually worse then actual labor contractions and delivery of my babies :(
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:17 pm

I was given pitocin too and I only bled for a few days after my daughter was born BUT at around day 3 out of nowhere sitting on the couch I suddenly broke out in a bad cold chill and was shaking and after about 30 seconds felt something fall out down there. Turns out it was a clot which i passed luckily, very easily. This stuff is scary, exactly why i don't want to be induced again.

lauren- that is so scary! Are you on iron pills again with your prenatals? I'm hoping this time around its way easier for you.

Lucky- Glad that its easier for you this time and your bleeding is already finishing up. That's the worst part for me after labor, bleeding a lot.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:46 pm

The thing is, even if I didn't want to go all natural I wouldn't have much choice as they don't do pit or epidurals for VBB. So getting the shot afterwards to help with ejecting the placenta is pretty much the only thing. I'm not even sure I want to get it I think they sort of make the decision on the spot depending on how things are going after baby is out.
Oh and to clarify all the drug talk, the hormone oxytocin is what is in augmentation drips as well as the shot you can get afterwards. But the drug name depends, in the UK it's called syntocinon, in the US usually pitocin, although I think cytotech used to be popular but not so much anymore. I think cytotech is the same, but I could be wrong!

So I went shopping today as I had some nursing bras/a nursing nightie to exchange from my last shopping trip a couple weeks ago when I was too tired to try on things and nothing ended up fitting. I woke up this morning and was like "honey I think we really need to go today because next weekend, we might already have the baby. Either that or I'll be so exhausted and fed up I won't want to go". So anyways that was a painful shopping trip. We took the train instead of the car because I really hate the car right now. I still stand by that choice as I can at least walk/stand on the train, and don't have to wear a seatbelt. But the walking was brutal. I felt like my tummy was a billion pounds.
I feel weird about how much energy I've had the past couple days even if I've had really crappy nights with lots of pain and contractions. It's not natural lol. Perhaps I'll revert back to my vegetable state tomorrow! We shall see.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lbgoehefam » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Alpaca I've had more energy the past few days too, I think we're pretty in sync bc our due dates are so close lol. This is a total switch from the zero energy I had last week, I'm thankful for it though, bc I was able to get quite a lot of stuff done this weekend and tie up some loose ends that I don't want to have to worry about once baby is here.

Cytotech is different than the oxytocin/pit/synto. It's not in an IV, it a pill type thing with a string usually attached to it that they pug in your vagina to ripen your cervix as a first step of induction, it's not always needed when inducing medically, sometimes they can skip it and go right to the pitocin drip. It's also used after delivery (in the butt) to help the uterus clamp back down if there's issues with that, like in my case. When I was induced with dd1 for sure, possibly dd2 as well, it was used as the first step a couple hours before they started the pit drip, it can also bring on contractions too. There is a few different names for cytotech as well, I'm just drawing a blank on what they are.
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups