Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Spring 2015 Babies!!! Part 3

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:09 am

Nicole - Haven't been able to get pics at the past 2 ultrasounds I did because of the low fluid (she's completely squished, it ain't pretty!). I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for Friday but I'm feeling a little squishier which could mean that finally my fluid is going up.
Nicole and Shady - So sorry you guys are having to worry about your BP right now. As long as it stays stable and there is no protein in your urine, I would think they'd try not to rush into inducing too fast so hopefully your babies stay in there until the official "37 weeks" to make it to full term. Are you both working? Too much stress/exertion can definitely make BP worse. I have super low BP but it always spikes up when I go to the hospital because of the stress...
And I can relate on the emotional front, I was crying again last night because I feel so exhausted I have no idea how I can make it another month and a half... I feel so overwhelmed about everything I have to do to prepare for her arrival, and huge amounts of guilt for the work I'm supposed to be doing right now (writing/editing) that I haven't been doing since the whole low fluid stress started out. I think I might have to pull out of one of my commitments (just a book chapter in a companion volume) but I feel really bad about it and I really need the publication for my CV :(

I woke up feeling incredibly sore in the lower part of my uterus, thinking again "I'm going into labour" until I realise I'm just beaten up because she's done crazy karate moves in my sleep. And she is breech again with her head right in my ribs... I need to just try and forget about her position until my 36 weeks official ultrasound/appointment to discuss breech options, but I can't help obsessing...
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:57 am

Sorry to double-post but I have a question for you ladies, or rather for you American ladies. I just saw this 2 year job being advertised. It's in Florida and the pay is 40k a year. Do you think that's enough money to live on for DH, the baby, 3 dogs and I? (I'm assuming my DH wouldn't work at least the first year as it's complicated with visas, plus he'd probably rather take care of baby girl)
I know that probably sounds like a daft question, but money is very relative depending on where you are etc. I don't want to get through the effort and stress of another job application if it's not a doable situation financially. We live on about £35k (about $50k) a year at the moment but some things are more expensive here in the UK.
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:08 am

Alpaca, I live in florida and have for over 10 yrs, depending on the area (I live in Jacksonville area/northern florida) 40k is plenty to live off of but in some areas you would definitely need to budget your months to make it work (such as Miami area/southern florida). Even budgeting in the more southern areas I think you could definitely live pretty comfortably, just depends how picky you are(;
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks a lot LD, that's super helpful! It's at FSU so Northern Florida. DH would be so happy if I got the job since he's a huge fan of american football and between college football and the Jaguars nearby he'd be in heaven...
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 am

alpaca- No i'm not working. I was working for a Film company as a production assistant but got off at Christmas. Its a slow season with no movie release until start of 2016 so i got on mat leave early which worked for all the work i had to do for my book and watching our 2 year old saved us daycare monies lol. High BP runs in my dads side of the family (so does diabetes- hence why i watch my weight A LOT, and cancer-meanwhile my mother's side of the family is super healthy except for the odd heart attack lol) so its a whole thing of it being genetic so I can't really 'beat it' my doctor said. Just keep tabs on it.
Also how exciting i love Florida! My family and i use to vacation there every year for a few weeks, been dying to go back. Definitely a place I'd want to live in if I leave Canada which is becoming more realistic because of the stupid snow! Good luck!
~ Aviana Isabelle LeClair- 2 years old ~
~ Currently carrying #2 ~ A BABY GIRL! Elise LeClair.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:54 am

I've never even been to Florida, it would be pretty crazy to move there, but hey I'll just keep applying to everything until I run out of options and have to resign myself to being a stay at home mum for another academic year...
Seriously I wonder how people can survive working while pregnant. My teaching ended in December and apart from the conference in January I haven't had to be somewhere/do something not on my own schedule (writing and editing stuff I can do whenever/however I want). My bestfriend from home was messaging me today like "but what do you do all day?" and I was just thinking "wait until you're pregnant and you'll see". I feel so uncomfortable and exhausted it takes me hours to achieve anything. It's literally pathetic. I am so so glad I'm not working, I can't imagine doing it at this stage of pregnancy. I'd probably be having nervous breakdowns in front of students left right and centre...
I can imagine that's where a second pregnancy (and third etc) must be so much harder than a first one. When you get to that stage in the third trimester, but you have a toddler/child to take care of. My mum told me she actually had to send away my brother to my grandparents towards the end of being pregnant with me, because she was supposed to be on bedrest at home and he was this super high maintenance demon child (not exaggerating here).
Sorry the BP is genetic, and nothing can be done to help it :( genetic stuff is so frustrating, I remember being really resentful of my dad because of all the skin allergies I inherited from him (clearly I was very young and silly to resent him, he didn't ask for it...) You're so close to being 37 weeks, it's exciting to think you could have your baby girl so soon!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NicoleLeClair » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 pm

alpaca- LOL love the way you describe your brother, made me laugh! I was THAT kid in my family (3 sisters, one brother lol) and they where all angels compared to me. My mother reminds me of that every chance she gets, even more so know when my own kid won't listen to me! ...also yes i find that friends who have never been pregnant before think its a vacation for most women- NOT THE CASE. I'm with you 100 percent on that! My first pregnancy was easy though, this one, not so much. Its a good thing your taking your time to do things though because your in 3rd trimester now and it gets harder and harder as the days go by and the bigger you get...I'm actually giving my 2 year old to my mother while/when i feel the real labor pains or if i'm gonna be induced. So she doesn't see me in any pain that scares her.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:40 pm

I LOVE florida! The little amount of time I lived in Louisiana made me miss florida so much, I hadn't realized how much I truly love this place(: you def wouldn't regret it if you did move here!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:07 am

Well I hope everyone had a good week and valentines day if you celebrated.
We honestly did nothing to celebrate, which i loved lol We ate lobster and shrimp for lunch then went out for sushi (well the sushi i could have anyway which is like 5 rolls lol) on friday.
My BP has been up past 135 4 times already, yesterday it was 143 and i had the whole pre-eclamp thing with the headaches and wanting to vomit a few times during the day. I was so hoping this birth would be natural but i'm starting to accept it more and more that after this wed appt she's going to want to induce me. Which has me excited to meet the baby but has me dreading induction.
How is everyone else doing???
We have some early babies arriving already! how adorable!

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Im having blood pressure problems too, I have the headaches that won't go away my top number is really erratic. Anywhere from 135 to 159 bottom number goes from 75 to 95. I have an appointment tomorrow and she said that she was probably going to induce me also..I'm also starting to lose my mucus plug. Other than that I spend most of my time in bed trying to keep my blood pressure under control and I'm tired of laying in bed.
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NicoleLeClair » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:58 pm

goddess- oh man well keep us updated if she does induce. We'll be induction buddies lol. Have you been losing your mucus plug al ot? I've lots a few pieces, gross stringy stuff no blood or tinge yet.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby goddessscorpion » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:08 pm

I've lost a couple of chunks of mucus plug that were about the size of the lima bean.. they were really thick and sticky like globs rubber cement.
goddessscorpion
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:48 am

Nicole and goddess I hope y'all's bp gets under control and u can make it to a natural labor and well, if not, that the inductions are atleast smooth sailing and don't cause slow labors for y'all!!

So I'm just posting some random fun stuff from today out of boredom (cant sleep , it's 230am lol)... To start I painted my toes for the first time this entire pregnancy! I feel so accomplished for this lol And it only took me 30 mins (;

Also, my best friend bought me a DollarTree hpt to take for funsies, which also reminded me that I've been carrying around the walmart hpts I took from when I found out I was pregnant at 12 & 13 dpo, they've been in the zipper pocket of my purse since the day I took them! Maybe I should do something with those bc it's probably a little weird that I've been carrying around my pee sticks for 9 months, lol... But any who, comparison pic! :D
Attachments
image.jpg
Gettin ready for D-Day!
image.jpg (54.23 KiB) Viewed 332 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NicoleLeClair » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 am

Anybody doing any last minute pampering before babies arrive?! I had my hair re-dyed auburn as usual so I won't have to worry about redying it till May or june lol.

Lucky- HAHA i should pee on a new stick too and compare. That's funny to do. Also good job on the toes, they actually look really good for someone 37 weeks preggo! I'm impressed. I can not do mine, I'll do a somersault attempting to paint them. I did however redye my hair yesterday, or rather my hairdresser did, just auburn as usual, in case baby comes within the next few weeks so i don't have to worry about my hair for at least 2-3 months. Now that you did your toes its making me debate whether I should get mine done, I don't want my feet looking gross (not that they are!) and not as fun as yours when I have to push.

NicoleLeClair
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

My last minute pampering is exactly that, my toes and a some nice hot baths .. Fell asleep in the tub last night lol I'm SO tired lately, Iike hibernating tired. That's all the energy for pampering I could muster!
You should post pics of your hair!

And for some reason I still really love seeing those lines on pregnancy tests .. It may be the last time I ever pee on them and see two lines which makes me sad but at the same time there's no way I can imagine more than 2 kids! Lol those lines are just so mind blowing to me(:
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups