2017 Baby Buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby cloz75 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 am

This is the same group as the one on the TTC board.
Everyone welcome to join! :D

Members :

cloz75
Name : Claudia
Health notes : newly PREGNANT! after TTC#1 for 11 months. Hypothyroidism.

Bibilibop
Name:Alex
Health notes: Newly PREGNANT! (!) With first child.

kimmiekims402
Name: Kim
Health notes: miscarriage and DNE in June, irregular cycles since then

Sparklie
Name: Jen
Heath Notes: newly got PREGNANT! on Letrozole + Metformin, PCOS.
Last edited by cloz75 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me : Claudia, 26. Hypothyroidism. FI : 27.
Newly pregnant with first child after TTC for 11 months!

cloz75

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby cloz75 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:19 am

Kim, what's new with you? I recall you writing that you were going to see the doctor. Did everything went well? I'm sorry about your daughter's reaction. What a bummer. But hey, I'm sure she'll turn around when she meets your little one.

Alex, I don't know if it can interest you but I just discovered that the « Mieux Vivre « is available online now! Here is the link : https://www.inspq.qc.ca/mieux-vivre/telechargement I'm always looking for things in this book haha. Just yesterday I wanted to drink herbal tea and I couldn't remember if the ingredients were safe. Very practical! Oh and did your doctor sign the csst document? Are you off work for the next 9 months?

As for me, I'm still feeling great. I'm kind of impatient to get ''big'' symptoms, I feel like the pregnancy will be more concrete and believable then! Right now I just get cramps, I'm thirsty, and my boobs get sore at night. I I find myself already worried that the baby might not be healthy, worried to see blood everytime I wipe... Meh. I guess that's normal for the first trimester. Can't wait to hear the heart beat!

So when do you ladies plan on telling everyone? Will you wait for the 12 weeks mark or surprise everyone at Christmas?

cloz75

Postby Kimmiekims402 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:59 am

I totally understand. I'm still feeling like it's too good to be true. so I expect to see blood and let out a very quiet "yes!" when there isn't any lol I'm still waiting for solid symptoms. I know they will come. I got an VERY early HPT so I know I'm just so impatient. I do get headaches and almost a dizzy feeling just about every day. Sore boobs also. I'm constantly touching them because it's the only relief lol. Saw my doctor Friday. He took blood and I will have an actually hcg # tomorrow. Then he wants me to go back next week again for the same. To make sure levels are rising correctly. Then in 3 weeks a sono. I can't wait. As for my daughter she will slowly come around. She has time, she'll come around . I know it's new news for her. She didn't know we were TTC.
I think we're going to wait till we're in the new house. We should be in by January. New home, new baby :)
When do you plan on telling everyone?
I the only one who can ONLY think baby right now? lol I'm even more obsessed than I was before. :)
Kimmiekims402
Friend

Postby cloz75 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Kim, we’re on the same boat! I pretty much spend all of my free time on Pinterest or Aliexpress looking for baby related stuff. I’m already picturing the nursery and have to hold myself back: I just feel like going to Ikea and buy a crib and a rocking chair and teeny tiny little pajamas. :hb:

For now I manage the desire to take care of my future baby by writing to her (or him, but I have a feeling that’s a girl!). I wrote the story on how I discovered I was pregnant, and my fiancé also wrote how I told him and how he reacted. I bet those letters will be great memories when the baby is going to be all grownup.

How exciting, a new house and a new baby! You’ll have so much fun decorating the nursery! I think I’ll tell parents + siblings on Christmas (we live 5 hours away and I want to wait to see their reactions live, not on the phone). For friends + family, I don’t know yet. We’ll see if we can get a heartbeat before leaving for the holidays and we’ll decide then.

Here in Quebec I don’t think we do HCG counts! I’ll probably see my doctor for the first time when I’ll be about 10 weeks. I’ll call the clinic tomorrow to get more details about the upcoming appointments but feel free to share the details of yours – I’m craving medical info haha! It’s nice for you to be taken care of that early. :)

cloz75

Postby Kimmiekims402 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Oh Pinterest!!! I'm also on it non stop lol we actually did stop in babies r us yesterday. I just had to touch stuff, and stand in front of a crib and daydream lol. I did buy something I probably shouldn't have but it was cheap. (Pregnancy announcement chalk board)
All I can do is picture the nursery also. I'm hoping for a girl. So I imagine lots of pink! I'm sure I'll change my mind a few times before it's time actually decide.
How nice will it be for you to be there to see their reactions, that's very sweet. Take video! You'll want that one day for sure :) I hope you get a heartbeat before so you can spread the news and joy!!
As for the letters they will be great!!! When my daughter was born someone bought her a time capsule kit (it may have been a shower gift, idk) we all wrote letters and filled out the book and put all sorts of stuff in there. 2 years ago for her sweet 16 she opened it and it was awesome! We had forgotten so much over the years. Reading all the letters was emotional especially ones from family who have passed away. So I am all for that idea!
I will definitely share all my medical info!! :) already things seem so different than I remember with my other pregnancies. The doctor said when I get the sono in 3 weeks he will be able to give me a due date that's within 3-4 days. Whoa! That soon? I guess we'll see :)
So I'll keep u posted on what happens with blood results. Tomorrow at noon can't come soon enough. I feel like when I get an actual real number. I will feel just a little more secure about this pregnancy.
Let us know what the clinic says for your appointments. I'm curious how they do it there.
:) ❤️
Kimmiekims402
Friend

Postby Bibilibop » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Yeah!!!

I'm happy to see that thread!

I'm going to see my doctor tommorow. I'm so excited. :)

And I will look for the article, but I'm not so fancy with tea and all. I don't eat meat but I'm not that much into new healthy trends either... Maybe I should!

My boobs are sore, nipples worst. I can't sleep a whole night without waking up for no reason...
And I got a cold lol. Other than that, couldn't tell I'm pregnant!;

We already have chosen our stroller, car seat and baby carrier. We are going to check for low prices on black Friday.
I feel like a lot of people will judge us because I look for the cheapest ones as long as they do the job. And I do not want a infant seat that you can carry around...you arr not suppose to leave your kid in it more than an hour or even attach it on a supermarket basket so...I don't see the point. Anyway. It's so exciting!!!
Bibilibop
Friend

Postby cloz75 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Alex, in fact the Mieux Vivre is like the bible of pregnancy and motherhood in Québec! Every health professional gives it to their patient – your doctor will likely talk about it on your first appointment. The Government of Quebec releases it. Everything you need to know about your pregnancy, labor, delivery and raising a kid up to 2 years old is included in it. For now the «pregnancy» section might interest you, it talks about what you should/should not do when you’re pregnant (for ex. no long hot baths, no more than 2 cups of coffee a day, no raw fish, etc.), plus what happens with your body + your emotions. Oh and there are tons of coupons in there so you might want to save some for your baby shopping!

FI and I are also looking for low prices baby stuff – as long as it’s safe! But we’re not buying them right now because we guess our families will spoil us on my shower haha.

Kim, I also bought a little something this weekend! A bola necklace on Etsy. Can’t wait to get it in the mail! Yes I’ll take a video! I took one when I announced it to my bf and I’m so glad I did.
Whoaa they’re precise with their due dates! I’ll think of you tomorrow for your appointment. Can’t wait to hear about those HCG levels. I’m lucky I already know my due date as my cycles were very regular. July 28 –- ONE DAY BEFORE MY WEDDING! Hahah looks like we’re gonna get married in 2018 after all. :P

Oh and I LOVE the idea of the time capsule. I’ll note it for sure. I can imagine how sweet it must have been, especially while reading letters from the loved ones who passed away. I wish I had my mom write a little something before she passed! I’ll tell my dad and sister to do it NOW! :rofl:

cloz75

Postby Bibilibop » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Oh yeah. Mieux vivre. God I feel dumb lol.

Yeah I plan on reading it. I'm not too worried. My mom has had a daycare at home all.my life and I studied in child care. But will read it for sure.

And I want to buy the big things myself before the shower. I would hate to have someone buy a big expensive thing I didn't want and then feel obligated to use it.

I'd much rather have them buy small stuffs and just come have fun.. plus I want to encourage people to offer us used clothes too, like second life clothes. They are so cheaper and it's was better for the environment.
Bibilibop
Friend

Postby cloz75 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:27 am

Hi ladies!
I’m feeling great today. I feel like a goddess: I’m CREATING LIFE! Hahhaha. How powerful are we?!

Alex, omg yes I love second hand clothes! Last spring when we were TTC, FI and I were living in Quebec City near a little thrift shop who sold exclusively baby clothes. I had bought a few little baby hats and onesies for only a few bucks. I hope I’ll be able to find a similar store here in Gatineau.

I called my clinic and booked my first 2 appointments. The first will be on Dec 9 with a nurse. I’ll be 7 weeks along. She will do a basic physical exam and hand me all of the prescriptions for blood works, dating ultrasound – which I don’t know if it’ll happen before or after Christmas --, and talk to me about screening for trisomy 21. The 2nd appointment will be with my doctor, on Jan. 9, when I’ll be about 12 weeks pregnant. Having this information makes me feel good and put together! Can't wait for the dating ultrasound. :hb:

Aside from that I’ve been 1. Farting and 2. Sneezing like crazy for the past couple of days. I heard one third of pregnant woman experience an upsurge in their allergies and I’m clearly in that 33% (I’m allergic to pretty much everything)! I find that symptom hilarious especially since my cat suddenly LOVES ME and can’t get enough of petting and napping on my lap! She even woke us up in the middle of the night because she wanted to get in the bedroom. Then she just curled next to my face and slept there. That’s very unusual as she is a super independent cat! I like to think that she feels my pregnancy. So I’m not a nauseous pregnant woman. I’m a sneezy, gassy one. :rofl:

I’m impatient to hear how your appointments went! I’m having friends over for a few days so I might be a little late to answer. Sticky vibes to you both!

cloz75

Postby Kimmiekims402 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:49 am

Hi ladies! It's been a busy morning here!

I too love second hand stuff!! I'm all for that!!

Claudia- yay!!! Did you ever think you'd be so excited for doctor appointments!? Haha! I didn't!

Cats totally sense pregnancy! Even early on. With my daughter mine did the same. All over me all of the time. Followed me around. I loved it because otherwise wasn't like that.

I totally thought I was sick with a cold but it could be my allergies. I'm not sure. We were all sick in this house last weekend. Everyone recovered quickly, a day or 2. I'm the only one still blowing snot and coughing. I feel fine I just have this mucousy cough and I seriously blow my knows 20 x a day and it never ends. I'd like to know where all this is coming from lol. I said to hubby I hope I'm not one of those nasally women. Hahah I had a friend that had the most annoying voice her whole pregnancy because she basically had a stuffy nose the whole time. :)
I called my doctor and he said my levels are low but that's normal for a very early pregnancy. I wasn't even late for AF so he said he has no doubts everything is good. Going next Monday for mor blood work. To compare and make sure levels are rising. :)
I feel good!! I know the next few weeks will bring morning sickness which for me is all day every day sickness. lol I'm looking forward to it!!!
Enjoy the rest day of the day ladies :)
Kimmiekims402
Friend

Postby Bibilibop » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:40 am

Hello!

So doctor filled my paper for csst and she sent them to them ...we wait now! Still no news from birthing center... :(

I'm having painfull nipple, and sore boobs. And i wake up all the time for no reasons but thats all. Oh I got a cold I guess. I don't feel pregnant lol...

See, I was hoping to have my cats react but nope. I doubt they care.

And yes used stuff is awesome! Like 2-3$ for a baby shirt compared to 10$++ normally!

We are pretty excited. Yesterday I was shopping in a baby r us to check the prices and I stopped in front of the tiny socks and I got super emotive with teary eyes because I would finally buy some.
Bibilibop
Friend

Postby cloz75 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Kim! How crazy is that: us looking forward to feel sick? Haha! I’m sure everything will be fine with your HCG levels. You probably told us that before but I can’t remember, when was your period due? If you’re willing to, you could put a tickler in your signature! That way we won’t make you repeat all of you info haha.

Alex, yes I think it’s pretty common to get insomnia during pregnancy! Something to do with hormones. Maybe your cats will sense your pregnancy a bit later in the process?

As for me I’ve had a big stress moment yesterday night. I began to read on labor and delivery and I got scared! The ups and downs of hormones clearly not helping, I just helplessly cried lol. Good thing my fiancé was there to hold me. I feel better today, but I’m def beginning to get mood swings! I’m happy my friend (and her 3 months old baby) was there today. I held Eva (the baby) for pretty much all day, and my cat and dog were so nice with her. Can’t wait to see them interacting with my little peanut! This little company cheered me up. :)

cloz75

Postby Kimmiekims402 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 am

Just wanted to let you ladies know I started bleeding yesterday afternoon. It's gotten worse. I'm losing this pregnancy :( I'll keep you updated when I can get myself to stop crying for 5 mins.
Kimmiekims402
Friend

Postby Bibilibop » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:28 am

Oh no!!! Are you going to see à doctor!? How are you now?
Bibilibop
Friend

Postby cloz75 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:43 am

Oh my god Kim. I’m heartbroken. So so sorry you’re going through this... I’m sending lots of love and positive vibes. We will all be there for you and do our best to either comfort you, cheer you up, or change your mind -- whatever you need. Thinking of you. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

cloz75

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups