Two Week Wait

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.
Post a reply

Re: When did you start to show with twins (first pregnancy)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am

hi! congrats on your twins! this is also my first pregnancy, and w/ twins on board! i don't think i'm showing too much, but i just couldn't close the buttons of my normal bottoms. i started wearing maternity bottoms by 8 weeks, which i wasn't expecting. at 10 weeks, i'm still not showing too much, or maybe more it's more accurate to say, that i can still hide my pregnancy. i have a feeling i won't be able to hide it over the next few weeks.

one of my friends (also first pregnancy, and w/ twins) said she didn't really show until 20 weeks, so who knows! but, i think it's OK to go ahead and start acquiring some maternity clothes :).

best wishes,
m

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

My twins were my first pregnancy and I was also in maternity pants by 8 weeks. By 12 weeks I was obviously pregnant to strangers. I barely went through that "Is she fat or pregnant" phase. I just dug up my old belly pics from the belly pics thread. Here I am at 7w4d and 12w5d.

ImageImage

What sucks about showing so early though is you're stuck in maternity stuff longer. Also, I started out in maternity smalls and somewhere midway I totally skipped past medium and entered into the large stage. Toward the end (which was only 33 weeks for me!) my belly was starting to poke out of my large tops and they looked weird on me because the boob area was way too loose!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Congrats on your twin pregnancy!

My first successful pregnancy was with identical twin boys and I started showing around 12+ weeks. I was fairly thin at the time at only 101-103 lbs and 5' tall, so I started to show early.

do you know if your are pregnant with fraternal (di/di) or identical (mono/di)?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 am

Congrats on your twin pregnancy. Most 1st time twin mamas I know were showing by 12 weeks, to varying degrees :)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am

I could tell at 8 weeks, maternity pants at 10 weeks, I was POSITIVE people at work would be able to tell so I told them at 12 weeks and they were all clueless morons who hadn't noticed.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm

My 2nd pregnancy was twins (8 years after my first) and I was showing at 10wks.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and 2nd twin pregnancy and it took longer to really look pregnant...I was at least 16 wks before it was noticeable this time.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm

12 weeks there was no hiding it!

I'm a small framed person, 5'7" and 121 when I got pregnant.

Congrats to you!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am

Congratulations! Yep - same here as PP. I was in maternity pants by 10 weeks, and by 12 weeks I was definitely showing. I went through phases on maternity clothes too. I would recommend just sticking with the most basic wardrobe you can because you will likely outgrow it in a few months and need new stuff a size up. By the end I was sleeping in old lady nightgowns and wearing my one pair of maternity yoga pants that still fit and my husband's shirts during the day. Comfort is key!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 pm

hi! yep, maternity clothes can get pricey! i tried asking my sisters and friends first. scored a bunch of tops from one of my friends.

i also found some deals online at old navy and the gap. i just need to be careful i don't get suckered in by their emails of sales/discounts. just when i feel great about taking advantage of an email coupon, they email another! haha, brilliant marketing!

i'm starting with a few basics that i can mix and match and will have to probably get other clothes later. the hardest part about maternity clothes shopping online is not trying it on and wanting to buy things right away. i just haven't been able to find a good enough selection at stores. i've found returning by mail isn't too bad w/ free shipping.

best,
m

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 am

Hello,

I have two kids and they are twins I always confused when I am shopping for them, could anyone of you suggest me Which one is better buying same things for them or different??
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend