Anyone currently pregnant with multiples?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby bakermommy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 am

I'm pregnant with twin boys. I'm 25 wks. Sounds like everyone is getting pretty close!
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)
Beta #2 8/1/14 (66) Progesterone 26
9/10/14 :hb: 166
10/8/14 :hb: 156
11/10/14 It's a Princess!!
3/27/15 Brooklyn Grace 7lbs 13 oz 19 in
bakermommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kpolumbo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 am

Lentil - you're getting close too! How have you been feeling? How are things going? Are you going to try to go natural or do you have a c-section or induction date set up?

Robin - thanks for the encouragement on going from 1 to 3! I must say, I love my minivan too and I'm only driving around 1 kiddo in it right now! Lol It'll be fully loaded with kids in another month though :) What's your van set up like - twins in the 2 middle row seats and then your DS in the back row? That's what we plan to do. Where in the back row did you put his car seat? In the middle seat or one of the two side seats? Is it pretty easy to get him in and out of his car seat back there? I haven't tried it yet but I was wondering about that!
Me: Kathy, 28
DH: John, 31
DS: Jackson - born July 22, 2008

Pregnancy #2 - EDD May 16th, 2011
C-section date April 25th, 2011
7 week ultrasound - It's TWINS!!!
16.5 week ultrasound - It's 2 GIRLS!!! Sophia Rose & Lily Grace

kpolumbo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 pm

I am nervous about the transition from 1-3 kids as well. DP referenced our family as a family of 5 the other day, and it took my breath away for a moment. We already have a 3-row SUV, so I don't think we need a new car. All 3 kids will not fit in my car, but I mostly use mine just to go to and from work.

DS will be 2 on July 28. I have a hard enough time wrapping my head around that. My EDD is August 1, but I know with twins it will be sooner than that. We keep trying to explain it to DS, but he does not get it yet. He has noticed my belly has gotten larger, and he kisssed it the other day. It was very cute. Can't wait for him and DP to feel the kicks.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommyToOne+2 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:07 pm

I found out today I'm having twins.

I hadn't thought much about going from a Mommy of 1 to a Mommy of 3 until reading the posts...That seems a little crazy. DS is 7 and will be 8 by the time the babies arrive. I'm terrified of what his reaction will be. I got pregnant in Sept after my first IVF and he was less than thrilled...he finally sd he was ok with me having a baby if I had twin girls...when I told him it was only 1 baby he sd he didn't want it...I ended up having a m/c and when we told him we wouldn't be having a baby right now he didn't say much...he hasn't sd anything since then either...maybe when I tell him he might get twins sisters he'll be excited!
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 (Concieved Naturally) DS2/DD -Almost 2 years!
TTC #2 for 72 months
IVF #1 - Sept 10 - m/c @ 11wks - blighted ovum
FET #1 - Mar 11/11 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS!!!
10/15/11 - Deacon 5lbs 1 oz, Finley 5lbs 10 oz - Vaginal Delivery
Breastfed for 16 months!!!
FET#2 - June 11/13 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS AGAIN!!!
2/8/14 - Piper 6lbs, Harvey 6lbs - Vaginal Delivery
MommyToOne+2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shannybaby » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 pm

No longer pregnant but I miss it !! I went from 2 to 4 and it really wasn't too scary. I just tried to really not think about how hard it would be. I just kept telling myself that no matter how it was, easy or hard, I would get through it because it would only bring more joy to my life because I love being a mommy and I love all my kiddos ! It has been such an awesome adventure !!!!! I enjoy it every single day !
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 am

kpolumbo - Well originally we wanted to have the babies in the back row and the toddler in the middle HOWEVER, there's only ONE latch hook in the back of our minivan... SO stupid... But it actually worked out and we like the setup we have now alot better. The toddler is in the back Middle with latch-system, and with our Odyssey you can re-arrange the middle row so we removed the middle section and have the twins on either side of the middle row with the latch-system. It's really nice this way because the toddler can watch movies from the drop down screen in the middle and we can get him in and out of the back hatch door. The twins we just go to either side and put in/take out. And we NEVER take the twin's carriers out, they stay in the car and we just carry them :) It's WAY easier...

MommyMD - My son never picked up on the mommy being pregnant or what was coming after. (He was under 2). But when we brought the twins home we are SO lucky because he's been in love with them since day one. He's never hit, been mean or acted out as a result of them and he's always hugging and kissing them as well as talking to them (in gibberish). They are smitten with him too. It's really awesome to watch!

Mommy1+2 - Congrats!!!! Wow, what a tough thing to deal with. He'll cheer up about mommy being preggo eventually :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 am

Kathy - Here's a picture to illustrate the car arrangement. This was from our trip to Cali with my 2 sisters. DH and I are in the front seats, twins in the middle row, Dorien and sisters in the back :)

Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kpolumbo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:12 am

Awesome! Thank you for the picture! That's exactly how I plan to do my set up as well. We have our middle row middle seat out too. So do you ever climb in through the middle to put Dorien in his seat in the back, or do you always get him in and out through the back door hatch? How do you do that?!? Maybe it's easier than it sounds, I've never tried!

PS - What kind of baby mirrors are those and do they work well? I had an Eddie Bauer one with DS and it was so awful, I couldn't see anything in it, just a blur of his image!
Me: Kathy, 28
DH: John, 31
DS: Jackson - born July 22, 2008

Pregnancy #2 - EDD May 16th, 2011
C-section date April 25th, 2011
7 week ultrasound - It's TWINS!!!
16.5 week ultrasound - It's 2 GIRLS!!! Sophia Rose &amp; Lily Grace

kpolumbo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thunderstorm » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi all, 16 weeks today with b/g twins. I'm SUPER high risk as I lost a daughter last may at 23 weeks to an incompetent cervix and my son (3 1/2) was born at 31 weeks. I'm good at getting pregnant, but have trouble staying that way. I have quite the team of doctors...have had 300 ultrasounds (yay) and a CVS and cerclage...oh and I'm 39.
I'm scared to death, but taking each day one at a time. I hate not being able to pick up my son, but he's been awesome.

I too am scared about the prospect of having three, but at the same time I remember how scared I was haivng ONE...We'll find our "new normal" at some point.

Hi to everyone :)
Me 39
Huzzy 47
Storm 10
Tigger the cat 12
Zack the Wonder Baby born preemie 09/28/07
Corinne Mae is my angel, born 5/21/10

thunderstorm
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby thunderstorm » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi all, 16 weeks today with b/g twins. I'm SUPER high risk as I lost a daughter last may at 23 weeks to an incompetent cervix and my son (3 1/2) was born at 31 weeks. I'm good at getting pregnant, but have trouble staying that way. I have quite the team of doctors...have had 300 ultrasounds (yay) and a CVS and cerclage...oh and I'm 39.
I'm scared to death, but taking each day one at a time. I hate not being able to pick up my son, but he's been awesome.

I too am scared about the prospect of having three, but at the same time I remember how scared I was haivng ONE...We'll find our "new normal" at some point.

Hi to everyone :)
Me 39
Huzzy 47
Storm 10
Tigger the cat 12
Zack the Wonder Baby born preemie 09/28/07
Corinne Mae is my angel, born 5/21/10

thunderstorm
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby katieq » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 am

Good morning everyone! And welcome. Looks like you guys have been through a lot to get your twins too! I totally relate. This is actually my 4th pregnancy in a year. The other three were early losses, but was a nervous wreck till I hit 24 weeks last week. And I bled this time from weeks 9-14. This has been such a great, supportive group of women. So as scared as I am to be a Mom of three, I feel beyond lucky and grateful!

Ha....we have a sitter to go look at SUV's and maybe a minivan this weekend. Am fighting it too!! Moved to Jersey Shore from NYC when DS was 8 months and am still terrified of being too suburban. My other issue is DS loves his DVD player in current car and we do a long commute every am so I need it. That is why I am not sure he can go in very back.

Had growth scan yesterday and all was fantastic. Both boys were just under two pounds at 25 weeks and my cervix was 4.17cm. The only thing that freaked me out was when the doc told me 50% of twin come between 32 and 37 weeks. Am so excited to meet them but I have so much to do still!!
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby leahtill » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:53 am

Sorry to intrude but I wanted to chime in on the minivan set up. I don't have a toddler but DH has two older children. I have a 2010 odyssey and most of the time it's just me getting the twins in and out of the car. With the carseats in, you can't get around them to get through the middle of the 2nd row. With pumpkin seats, you could put your older child in first, then put the pumpkin seats in but what about when you switch to convertibles? So here is what I did:

I took the middle seat out of the 2nd row then moved the passenger side captain chair over to the middle. I get both of them in and out from the driver's side (even now that they are in thier myrides.). I never liked having to go around to get the second baby out. Something about it made me nervous. Anyways, by moving the captain chair to the middle, it creates a walkway on the passenger side to get to the 3rd row. Also, that way, the bigger kids (or if you have an adult back there) can reach up and open the door to get out without having to remove one of the babies.

I hope that makes sense. Either way, I know you ladies will do great transitioning from one child to three and will find the best car/configuration to fit your needs! Looking forward to seeing some twin spam!!
Me 30, DH 41
IVF July 2009: Boy Girl Twins 34 weeks 1 day: 2-23-10 Alexis 4 lbs 1 oz, Zachary 4 lbs 3 oz
<br>
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
leahtill
Angel
Angel

Postby GreekMythFreak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 am

kpolumbo- I tried for the first month or 2 to crawl in and out the middle but my DH wasn't able to do that and it was SO much easier to just go in and out the back. We have a 2010 Odyssey and the back row has 2 sections that fold down: a double seat and a single seat. We always leave the single section folded down forward and we just stand in the cargo area, buckle him in, then get out and load strollers or whatever we are taking with us that day :) It's VERY easy and quick!

As far as the mirrors, we now have the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Musical Mirror. I had the rainforest sing and light up mirror for Dorien when he was rear facing and he LOVED it! He loved the lights. I was just going to buy a 2nd one when we realized the one we had didn't work so I thought i would just buy 2 new rainforest mirrors... well they don't make them anymore :( The ocean wonders ones are great and you can get them at Babies R Us or lots of places online. The only thing that bummed me out is they don't light up and that's what I wanted... you can't really hear the music they pay with the radio going or the a DVD playing... One word of advice tho, DO NOT GET the Baby Einstein Lights & Melodies Mirror! It doesn't fit 90% of headrests and isn't adjustable! We got one as a gift and we only use it in the Pack N Play now...

katieq - We too wanted a DVD player for our toddler and I was worried about him being in the back and being able to enjoy it. Actually it works out great in our van (See above pic for setup). The Screen is in the Middle of the 2nd row, and he's in the middle of the back row. He has a straight shot to it and I have even sat in the back with him. It's not a bad view at all, plus that's where the speakers are so he can hear the movie without it being on blast. And when he gets older, it's where the controls and headphones jack is as well. So really he enjoys the back seat alot :)

Great appointment Katie! Twins do tend to come during those weeks, but as you'll see many of mamas on this board had to evict their twins around 38/39 weeks! LOL!!!! So you never know!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:47 am

Thanks for all the input on the vehicle setup....really helps before I go shopping! Looking forward to a little alone time with DH today (my Mom taking DS) since I feel like I hardly see him because I go to bed at 8pm every night! Am up so many times to pee and then am always up starving by 5:30am...ugh! Am so much more tired this pregnancy.

Have a great weekend!
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PregwithTriplets » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 am

Hi everyone I'm 22 weeks pregnant with triplets Two boys and a girl they are my first babies...
Me-28
Dh-28
TTC#1- 3 years
Pregnant with Triplets!!
2 Boys and a Girl

PregwithTriplets

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More