Anyone currently pregnant with multiples?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby macksmom » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Caleb (baby B) flipped breech early on, then at my 28week growth scan he had flipped back vertex, so as of right now they are both head down...I will find out for sure next week when I go for my next u/s and NST

But unfortunately the rib situation just gets worse :( I had pain in my ribs from like 18weeks on, and it's just gotten worse. Now that they are both a pretty good size, they simply just don't have room, and Caleb is always shoved up under my ribs...sometimes it's so bad it's hard to sit upright because my ribs are right on top of him :?

Being pregnant with twins is no joke haha....but it will all be worth it in the end :)
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:16 am

Good Morning everyone!

Macksmom....so glad your 32 week appt went well and babies are so big. Am glad both head down too. Are you getting impatient now?

Becky....hope your bleeding has stopped. I know how scary that is cause I had 6 weeks of it. Just does not feel normal in pregnancy.

My Baby A flips all the time. I can telll each day cause I have killer heartburn the days he is breech. Baby B is always in the same spot and seems so much more mellow. I feel like I am getting to know their personalities already.

Passed my gestational diabetes test but do have anemia. Am hoping to get some more energy once the iron kicks in. I also had 5 braxton hicks in an hour yesterday and am back on 4-5 hours off my feel at day. At least it is not bedrest!! Can't believe a doc won't sign off work till 32 weeks.....I find the being on my feet too much to be what causes the pressure and BH. I'd ask again if you feel you need it.
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTCin2010 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:31 am

I'm having more and more "bad" days, lots of BH and yesterday there was even some cramping pain with them... I have another apt on April 29 for the Dr and I'm hoping she'll come to here senses...

I have a u/s for my cervix check next Monday... Its been slowly shortening but nothing to be worried about yet. I'll be interested to see if these BH have had an affect on it...

I also just scheduled my childbirth preparedness class for June... which will make me 31 weeks.. is that too late?
TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby macksmom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am

thanks Katie....I am definitely pleased with their progress....to already weigh 5lbs 6oz and 4lbs 10oz at 32 weeks is great!!!!! The high risk doc didn't even schedule my next appt....she said if I make it to 36weeks then she will do another growth scan, but she doesn't think I will. They also didn't check my cervix...she said nows the time that if I go into labor then I do :)
Also had my regular obgyn appt yesterday and he said he could feel Caleb's head during my exam :) said my cervix is still at a good length and I'm about "a fingertip or so" dialated, so yes, I'm getting really impatient!! I am so ready to have them :):) My doctor started me on iron as soon as we found out it was twins because of the increased need of blood supply...but I also had to add extra iron because of amenia. Take it easy mama...you don't wanna be stuck on bedrest!!!! I've been lucky and just rest when I know I need too and haven't been on bedrest...and now at this point, I won't be :) But being on my feet, like grocerying and such, really kick in the BH...so I try to only take short trips.

TTC - I hope you get good news at your next appt, or that your doc at least writes you off work...hope you don't have to go on bedrest! I scheduled my classes so I would have them all done by 28-30weeks just in case I was put on bedrest or in case the twins came early...but that's me...I just wanted to make sure I would have them done early on. So while I don't think 31 weeks is too late, you might want to see if you can move them up a bit just to be safe?
Last edited by macksmom on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 am

Mack - You are doing so well. Excited for your babies to get here, but they can stay in for a while and keep developing. I know you must be uncomfortable.

Katie - Yay for passing GD test. That is awesome. I assume I will do mine soon. Too much time on my feet and moving around gets my BH going too. I tried to do some simple chores on Sunday, and ended up having to just sit down.

TTC - I would probably try to get in before 31 weeks, just in case. Sounds like you may end up having to be pretty quiet if the BH and cramps continue.

Well, both babies are breech now. It took the pressure and pain off my ribs that I was having, but now I have two heads right in my stomach. I still feel movement, but not as much when they are both in this position.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

MominMD - yes...extremely uncomfortable! Crap that they both are breech now :? but don't worry too much....Caleb flipped breech, then flipped back at 28weeks and has stayed head-down since. An old wives tale I've heard is if you put something cold on the top of your belly, and something warm (like a heating pad on low) on the bottom of your belly, the babies will turn, trying to get to the warmth :) are you an automatic c-section or are you hoping to deliver vaginally?
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:09 pm

I was planning on being an automatic C-Section, but if I happen to go into labor I would not mind trying to see how it goes. Depends on how the rest of the pregnancy goes. Baby A (on the right) has been head down since the beginning. I don't know why he decided to flip now.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 pm

MominMD wrote:I was planning on being an automatic C-Section, but if I happen to go into labor I would not mind trying to see how it goes. Depends on how the rest of the pregnancy goes. Baby A (on the right) has been head down since the beginning. I don't know why he decided to flip now.

yeah, Addison (baby A) has been down the ENTIRE pregnancy...such a good girl haha...I thought when Caleb flipped breech that he wasn't going to flip back but he did! The doc said because of their size, they will probably stay that way. But when I go into labor we will do an u/s at the hospital to check positon to be sure they are both still head down.
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon May 09, 2011 1:08 am

There are currently 24 mommies expecting multiples, holy cow!!!!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 am

GreekMythFreak wrote:There are currently 24 mommies expecting multiples, holy cow!!!!

Holy Cow, that is a lot.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 am

Wow! Welcome all new moms! Just checking in to see how everyone is feeling? Have passed the 32 week mark now and discomfort does not even begin to describe how I am feeling. Baby B was on some nerve yesterday and I could hardly walk. Can hardly believe that they will be here in a few weeks!
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MominMD » Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah, 32 weeks is my next goal. I have started getting pretty uncomfortable now. I really want to make at least 35, cause doc says that probably means no NICU time.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 17, 2011 11:31 pm

For those of you who haven't found out yet, when are your gender scans? are any of you going team green? I can't wait to see what everyone is having, SO exciting :D
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Meeee!!!

Postby PriYuvi » Wed May 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Add meee too in this list... :D I'm 9 1/2 weeks preggo with twins. Had vomitting and bad nausea all these days. Past 2 days are better 4 me... :)

-Priya
PriYuvi
Friend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu May 26, 2011 12:32 am

Pri - I added you to the due date list as well :) Congrats and welcome!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More