Anyone currently pregnant with multiples?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby MommyToOne+2 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am

My OB confirmed today we are having a boy and a girl!!! I'm finally starting to feel them more consistantly! I still can't believe I'm pregnant...much less having twins...it just seems too good too be true!! I plan on cleaning out the nursery this weekend and deciding on bedding and wall colors!!! I can't wait!!!
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 (Concieved Naturally) DS2/DD -Almost 2 years!
TTC #2 for 72 months
IVF #1 - Sept 10 - m/c @ 11wks - blighted ovum
FET #1 - Mar 11/11 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS!!!
10/15/11 - Deacon 5lbs 1 oz, Finley 5lbs 10 oz - Vaginal Delivery
Breastfed for 16 months!!!
FET#2 - June 11/13 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS AGAIN!!!
2/8/14 - Piper 6lbs, Harvey 6lbs - Vaginal Delivery
MommyToOne+2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 am

Very fun 2+1! Can't wait to see pics!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ishouldhavebeenadoctor » Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 am

Good morning ladies!

I'm just curious...when did everyone start feeling movement with twins? I have a 2 yo at home and I remember feeling the "tickling" around 18 wks or so with him. I'm 17 wks today with twins and still haven't felt them move. I'm starting to get concerned because I thought I would feel something by now.

Have my next OB appointment tomorrow, which should be fun. My OB has brought me in every 2 wks b/c she can't pick up both hb's on doppler...she has to do an u/s every visit because one is behind and lower than the other one. I'm hoping we'll be able to HEAR both tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend!
ishouldhavebeenadoctor

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 am

Hey there stranger! Haven't seen you in a while, good to hear from you!

I didn't really feel them until 20 weeks if I remember correctly. I wouldn't worry just yet ;)

My doc NEVER could find both on the doppler, the entire pregnancy.

Have you found out the genders yet? How are you feeling?
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thetwinsmommy » Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am

Hey girls!!!

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. We are moving right along. Can't believe our twins will be here so soon. I've been going twice a week for fetal monitoring at the hospital and cervix measurements once a week for the last few weeks. OB isn't going to check my cervix length anymore, she says now is when it starts to change anyways. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time. Still on modified bed rest :?

Hope you all are doing great! :D
Amy(37) DH(37)
7 IUI's and 5 IVF's
BFP on Nov 14th, 2010
Nov 22- It's twins
Feb 23- It's a boy and girl
thetwinsmommy

Postby TTCin2010 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 pm

So I'm 1 day away from 31 weeks. Thank goodness my Dr came to her senses and signed me out of work at last Monday! Yippeeeee! I've been out for a week and my blood pressure dropped right away.

I'm taking about two naps a day and my cervix at my last check up was only 2.8 (closed) every other visit has been about 4... but the dr didn't seemed concerned... the twins are about 4lbs and just over 3.5lbs I'm super excited and can't wait to meet them.

It also looks like a c-section at 38 weeks... I'd like them to pick their own birthday though...

How is everyone else?
TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MominMD » Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

TwinsMommy and TTC - we are getting so close. It is hard to believe. I am still working, but considering when to stop. I am pretty uncomfortable, and have actually taken to wearing a maternity belt to help my lower abdominal and back muscles. I have a growth scan in the morning, so we will see where they are at. Starting Monday I am on weekly appts now.

Ishouldhavebeen - It is different for everyone. I felt movement very early with these guys, but throughout the pregnancy I feel very little on the left side. And that is the more active twin, according to my ultrasounds. I am sure you will feel them soon. Do you know where your placentas are? My left twin has his placenta in the front, and that is a lot of why I do not feel much over there.

ONe + 2 - Yay for boy girl twins. So excited for you.

Priya - Welcome to the list. Ask any questions you have. Good group of ladies around here.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielle-g » Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm new here, pregnant wit twins, only 7 weeks.

This is my third pregnancy, and my first with multiples, and it happens to be my first surrogate pregnancy. I am a gestational surrogate. I found TWW a great resource with my last pregnancy, so I came back, but now I'm part of an even more special group!

So HI everyone! I hope you all have plenty of wisdom for me, I'm a little shocked/scared still- we just found out last Friday it was twinkies!!!
military wife to a deployed soldier
(dd) haidenne 5.12.04
(dd) ella rose- 6.29.09 - via successful VBAC
First time surro-mommy - EDD 1/16/2012
danielle-g
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Danielle - Congrats and welcome! What a great thing to do, and so hard too! Takes a special person to be able to surrogate, hats off to you! This board is a wonderful resource for multiples!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More