Modified bed rest

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Modified bed rest

Postby katieq » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well you all were not joking when you said carrying multiples was no joke! Ended up in hospital last week cause I was having six contractions an hour. They were still just braxton hicks thank goodness. They have taken me off work and am on modified bed rest since they seem to come so frequently whenever I am on my feet no matter how hydrated I am. I am so uncomfortable at this point and feel like an emotional wreck. Think the time in bed makes it worse. The good news is both babies are right at 3 lbs so was happy about that. Am thirty weeks in a few more days so I know it is not much longer now. Was just hoping to enjoy the last few weeks of just me and my son and am feeling very sad that I can not do anything with him. Sorry for the vent...just had tough weekend.
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby macksmom » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm

I lucked out and didn't need bedrest....and am in the clear now to have them...but I definitely know how miserable you feel....after 30weeks I felt like CRAP!!

At 32 weeks the swelling started and my feet pretty much stay swollen even when I have just gotten up in the morning...blah

The only good news is when the weight made them drop....it took a lot of pressure off my ribs (except when I lie down)...so that was good, because that pain was unbearable!

Definitely follow the bedrest....keep them cooking as long as possible. I contract everytime I get up....so if you're doing that now, take it easy!

Maybe try and find some things to do with DS in bed....board games, puzzles, books?

Rest up mama :)
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JADE0199 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 am

:hugs:

hang in there...your almost there!!!!! :)
Cathy 43~DH 41
3 m/c's
IVF#1 5/07-BFN • DE IVF#2 -no tx
DE IVF#3. ID twin boys born 9/25/08
FET#1 9/09-chem • FET#2 11/09-BFN
IVF#4 w/DE. DD born 11/3/10
FET#3 b/g twins born 7/25/12
FET#4 ITS A BOY! born 5/8/14

JADE0199
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby iwannalentil » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:12 am

I was put on modified bed rest a couple of weeks ago for high BP. I realized how important it was when I had my BP monitored while resting and it went WAY down.

TV is the devil to me because it is so BORING. I think I find the actual END of the internet 10 times a day. I never thought folding clothes would be fun but it is :) Hang in there, it's definitely worth it to rest.

Books and magazines are great, I also have an iPod touch that I play games on.
“Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’ ” -Kurt Vonnegut

iwannalentil
Star Member
Star Member

Postby katieq » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks ladies!! Am hanging in there but agree that TV is boring...daytime being the worst! Am trying to get the last of my shopping done online too.

My DS has loved the games in bed.....thanks for that great idea Macksmom! How are you feeling?? So close for you now. That drop must feel great. These babes feel like they are in my ribcage right now!

The braxton hicks are getting even more intense and waking me at night...have doc appt tomorrow and will be interested in what she has to say.
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

When I was on bedrest I played video games, LOL!

hang in there, the end is nearer everyday!

:hugs:
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 am

Just checking in to see how you are doing Katie? Hope you're not bored to tears on the bedrest.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 am

katieq wrote:My DS has loved the games in bed.....thanks for that great idea Macksmom! How are you feeling?? So close for you now. That drop must feel great. These babes feel like they are in my ribcage right now!

The braxton hicks are getting even more intense and waking me at night...have doc appt tomorrow and will be interested in what she has to say.

Glad DS liked games in bed :) It probably neat for him too because it's something new...not everyone plays games in bed :)

I'm good...actually I had my twins the day after I posted this haha! I went in for my regular checkup and my urine was loaded with protein and my BP was super high. They sent me to the hospital for monitoring and tests, and decided to induce me.

I had the twins 4/27 :)

Curious for an update on you after you doc appt??????? :)
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Mon May 16, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been MIA. Had stomach bug last week and they put me back in hospital just to rehydrate. Am hanging in there on bed rest...DH got me a kindle and it has been a godsend! 32 week appt was great....babies are both almost 4.5lbs and cervix holding strong. Pelvic pain pretty bad at this point but am so happy to have made it this far!

Macksmom....how is life with the newborns?? Harder or easier than the end of the pregnancy?
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 am

Oh so glad to hear from you Katie! Sorry you had the nasty stomach bug, my whole family got that last week it was MISERABLE! (I was spared!). Are you still in the hospital or back home now? You're so close, I can't believe you're 32 weeks already! Crazy!

The pelvic pain at the end is miserable. hang in there! I took lots of warm baths at the end, sometimes 2 a day...

I remember Ashrash asking me which was easier after I delivered, and I definitely had to go with the end of pregnancy, LOL! That first month was a doozie. But now we have our life down and love every minute so I would take babies over pregnancy pain at this point ;)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Tue May 17, 2011 4:30 am

Appreciate the honesty Greek! Am a bit nervous for that first month but keep saying to DH that we can do anything when we know it is short term (the really hard part I mean). Am feeling so much better this week and am home. Thought the bug was the start of labor for sure, so am relieved it was not and am trying to enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy since this is our last for sure. Mentally it is getting a bit easier as the end really feels in sight. Am shocked how many people keep asking me if I will try for one more for a girl.....can I have these babies first please?! Ha!
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 17, 2011 4:42 am

People asked me all the time while pregnant if we were going to try again. There's actually a thread for annoying comments we get as mom's of multiples, here is some funny stuff in there. The crazy questions will only get worse once they're here ;)

You're so close now! Just take one day at a time. That's what I did at the end. It really helped or I would have gone insane.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More