Addison and Caleb's birth story.....LONG!.....twin spam :)

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 am

PS - did the NICU staff say he has the white male newborn syndrome? LOL! that's all the kept saying when I had my two...
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 am

Wow...you deserve a medal for making it through that! Sounds so rough. AM so glad babies are safe and sound though and hope Caleb comes home soon. Sounds like you have an awesome DH too....so glad he made it back for birth! So happy for you all.
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby macksmom » Tue May 03, 2011 7:28 am

@ greek - hahaha....no they haven't said that, but the doc just said that girls usually go home before boys because they just "learn quick and take off" haha....which is definitely what happened here. There were ZERO issues with Caleb at birth, and like I said, they weren't even sure they were going to take him to NICU. Addison on the other had had a terribly hard delivery, took her over a minute to start breathing on her own, had an IV started to liven her up etc....but she's the one that went home firt lol

thanks again everyone.....we are very happy to be home, just wish Caleb was here. My milk finally came in the day after we were home :) So I have been able to pump and send the milk to DH at the hospital. DH reports that Caleb is now consistently doing great eating! :) We are just waiting for the docs to make their rounds today to see what they think!

Giving Addison BM via a bottle because she is still having trouble latching on with he little mouth. But we try everyday and I'm sure she will catch on soon :)
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Ya it's young white male syndrome, LOL! They kept saying that too me. Weslie was the one who was fine after birth too, willow was the one who needed the NICU and yet she was the one doing fine 24 hours later and Weslie was on EVERYTHING.... She COULD have come home first but she is the most stubborn thing ever and REFUSED to eat, LOL! Anyway, I digressed - I guess they say white male syndrome because white males usually end up crashing a little before getting better and then they are fine :)

Hope you got good news about Caleb's journey home today. Also, has your older daughter been able to meet them or just Addison?
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PregwithTriplets » Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 am

So happy to hear you and Addison are home, so sorry about caleb I hope he comes home soon, I just want to say your babies are so Beautiful what a blessing, Congrats again...
Me-28
Dh-28
TTC#1- 3 years
Pregnant with Triplets!!
2 Boys and a Girl

PregwithTriplets

Postby ashrash » Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Whew! What a story!!! Glad to hear that you are all on the mend and doing well! I'm sure Caleb will be home very soon. :D And I must say... you have some VERY beautiful babies on your hands!!! So, so sweet!!!
Ashley-28, DH-33
DD1-Dylan Grace born 12.15.2008
DD2-Ryan Elizabeth born 10.14.2010
DD3-Payton Faith born 10.14.2010

ImageImage
ashrash
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tracylynn » Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 am

Congrats!!! What beautiful babies. I'm sure your little man will be home in no time. Love the names too.
Me - Tracy 35; DH - 37
http://tellierfamily.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Tracylynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Thu May 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Well ladies....I just can't seem to catch a break.

Like I mentioned earlier, Addison and I got discharged on Sunday evening and DH stayed with Caleb in the NICU. Milk came in on Monday and I've been able to get A LOT...240ml per pump session 8O so I think it's safe to say that I don't have to worry about not being able to supply enough milk for twins :) Now I just have to work at getting them to direct breastfeed.

Well when I was at home my stomach was hurting pretty bad...then I would get HORRIBLE pains in my right side...enough to put me into tears. So I called the doc on Tuesday and he said with my pain level he wanted me to go back to the hospital ER and get checked out. To make that story short, basically I developed a fever in the ER and my urine was infected. They did a CT scan and found lots of blood in my belly :?

So I got admitted....again.

Had surgery yesterday (Wednesday)...re-opened my c-section incision and they cleared out the blood and clots. And now I'm in the hospital recovering. Luckily they put me back on the L&D floor so I can be with Caleb.

Then I get good news today that Caleb was getting discharged. At first I was really excited, then I broke down into tears because I realized I wouldn't be there for the first time the twins were home, together. :( So I asked would it be possible for Caleb to be released to my room until I get discharged and they said yes :) So they circumsized him and were going to bring him to my room in a few hours....well his lil wee-wee was still oozing so they put a stitch in it and decided to cancel the discharge until tomorrow so they could do labwork and keep an eye on the situation. So it actually all works out because they are going to bring him to my room for feeding and then take him back to NICU to keep an eye on him.

I gotta tell ya, this has been one rough time!!!!!! I think just about every complication that could happen did :lol:

Every bit of pain is worth it for these babies, but it has most definitely made up my mind that we are done having babies :lol:
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm

@ greek - I forgot, finally heard that saying today....my nurse called it "wimpy white boy" hahahhahaha
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby heidiabc » Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Oh goodness gracious! That just stinks that you’ve been through so much then having to be pulled through the wringer some more. :(

Beautiful, beautiful babies!!! I can’t wait to see more pictures.

You will all be together soon – thinking of you!
Me: 37, DH: 38
DS: Graham 03/24/06
DS/DD: William & Agatha 05/10/10
http://www.theleatherwoods.com/

ImageImage
heidiabc

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Wow, I feel for ya! These twins sure can work your body over! SO sorry you had to be re-admitted and have surgery again, but at least you caught it and hopefully you'll be on the mend. I am SO glad Caleb is going to come home with you! Any idea when you will be discharged? Thoughts and Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Wimpy White Boy - I Love it! LOL!!!!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby heather41 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Wow, what a story! That's so awful that you had complications and had to go back in the hospital. I'm glad your babies are doing well, and I hope you go home soon.
Me, Heather 41, DH 38, DSS 8
TTC Two years, 2 REs, 5 IUIs, 3IVFs,
11/21/11 Our twin boys were born

ImageImage
heather41
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ashrash » Mon May 09, 2011 6:55 am

Woahhhhhhhhhh!!! Sending prayers your way! You guys have been through A LOT! Stay strong, mama!!!
Ashley-28, DH-33
DD1-Dylan Grace born 12.15.2008
DD2-Ryan Elizabeth born 10.14.2010
DD3-Payton Faith born 10.14.2010

ImageImage
ashrash
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More