Hospital Bedrest

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Hospital Bedrest

Postby PregwithTriplets » Fri May 13, 2011 4:26 am

I went to my high risk doctor yesterday and he wanted me to go to the hospital because I 'm having contractions every 5 minutes and my cervix is .8, I'm only 28 weeks 3 days he wants me to stay in the hospital to get steroids shots, He then spoke with my OB and she does not want me to go to the hospital. I had an appointment with her today, but she told me yesterday to stay home over the weekend and go to my monday appointment with my peri for growth scan
Me-28
Dh-28
TTC#1- 3 years
Pregnant with Triplets!!
2 Boys and a Girl

Image
PregwithTriplets
Member
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:00 am

Postby bakermommy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 am

Did they give you anything to stop the contractions? I dont see any need for you to be in the hospital. You can just go up there to get your steroid shots. That's what I did.
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)
Beta #2 8/1/14 (66) Progesterone 26
9/10/14 :hb: 166
10/8/14 :hb: 156
11/10/14 It's a Princess!!
3/27/15 Brooklyn Grace 7lbs 13 oz 19 in
Image
Image
Image
bakermommy
Addicted
Addicted
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

Postby bethann » Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 am

Is he wanting you in the hospital just for the shots or to stop your labor and monitor your cervix. Just my personal opinion but I would listen to my high risk doctor over the regular OB. And your cervix is pretty darn short and if you went in to labor things could progress really fast! But do what YOU feel is best for you and the little ones. Prayers that those babies bake a little longer!
Me: 28, DH: 31
2 furbabies Vegas and Titan
IVF #2 a success! Twins! Born 8-9-10
Surprise BFP the natural way! Baby Ava due in December 2011!
Image
Image
User avatar
bethann
Angel
Angel
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 am

Postby Egray » Fri May 13, 2011 5:57 am

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry but I wouldn't listen to my OB on this one. Better to be safe than sorry at this point and at least in the hospital they can monitor you and stop the contractions at this point. Not to mention montitoring the baby for signs of stress is so important at this point. Especially when there's 3 in there!
User avatar
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:00 am
Location: CT

Postby Egray » Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 am

Did you end up going for the steroid shots? I can't believe you're Ob isn't taking this more seriously...........
User avatar
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:00 am
Location: CT

Postby Robynsegg2 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 am

I agree .8 is a very short cervix. I would be demanding hospital bedrest! I will keep you in my thoughs and pray that they keep on baking for a few more weeks.
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:00 am

Postby JADE0199 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 am

Robynsegg2 wrote:I agree .8 is a very short cervix. I would be demanding hospital bedrest! I will keep you in my thoughs and pray that they keep on baking for a few more weeks.


^ This! listen to the high risk. :praying:
Cathy 43~DH 41
3 m/c's
IVF#1 5/07-BFN • DE IVF#2 -no tx
DE IVF#3. ID twin boys born 9/25/08
FET#1 9/09-chem • FET#2 11/09-BFN
IVF#4 w/DE. DD born 11/3/10
FET#3 b/g twins born 7/25/12
FET#4 ITS A BOY! born 5/8/14


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
JADE0199
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:00 am

Postby sharerc » Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am

I would also go with the high risk doctor on this. My OB told me anything lower than 2 and she would put me on hospital bedrest. Anything lower than 2.5 and I'd be home on bedrest. I hope those babies keep baking longer!
Carrie and DH, Bryan
DD1 Raegan
DD2/3 Samantha and Mallory
The Sharer Family Blog

ImageImage

ImageImage
sharerc
Addicted
Addicted
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:00 am

Postby MominMD » Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 am

Follow the HR docs advice. My OB always defers to the HR doc.
Image
Image
User avatar
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 am

Postby PregwithTriplets » Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 am

I feeling fine today, Just dont understand why she doesn't want me to the hospital to get steroid injections just in case I do go into labor.. She will be delivering my babies, did anyone have there OB or High Risk deliver your babies??
Me-28
Dh-28
TTC#1- 3 years
Pregnant with Triplets!!
2 Boys and a Girl

Image
PregwithTriplets
Member
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:00 am

Postby Egray » Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Really who cares why she doesn't want you to get them at this point. I would tell her screw you and head to the hospital. You can feel fine one second and have your water break the next. Those babies are way too little now and need those shots. 28 weeks is really early for twins but triplets, they are even smaller.
User avatar
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:00 am
Location: CT

Postby bethann » Fri May 13, 2011 1:49 pm

I agree with Erin. I only saw an MFM and I saw him because multiples were his specialty. If it was me I would call your high risk and ask to be put in the hospital for the shots and the monitoring b/c that cervix length is really scary. Sorry dont mean to scare you but that is REALLY short!! Listen to your specialist...he is the expert in his field NOT your regular OB!
Me: 28, DH: 31
2 furbabies Vegas and Titan
IVF #2 a success! Twins! Born 8-9-10
Surprise BFP the natural way! Baby Ava due in December 2011!
Image
Image
User avatar
bethann
Angel
Angel
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 am

Postby Dani26 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:54 pm

I agree with the girls, the high risk knows what he's talking about. I wouldn't be sitting around wondering why I wasnt in the hospital if I thought I should be there. Those babies are way too little! I'd call the HR and have them admit you!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Me-26-DH-26
1Angel Baby-Earned her wings 3-14-04 @19wks gest.
User avatar
Dani26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:00 am
Location: Nebraska

Postby Robynsegg2 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm

I think that your water can break or you can go into labour and still feel fine hun. I think that is the scary thing, is when you are feeling "fine" you think you are in the clear but ANYTHING can happen.

If I were you, I would be marching myself into the L&D ward and saying that I wasn't feeling well and that they need to give me the shots for my cervix is .8! They won't turn you away. The thing about the steroid shots is that they can only help, even if you didn't have your babies for another 6 weeks, it wouldn't have hurt them to have had the shots.

I don't know, but I think that you need to listen to yourself and protect those babies.
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:00 am

Postby MommyToOne+2 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Thinking about you girl! I hope you decided to go to the hospital and get the shot! Keep those babies in there for a little while longer!!
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 (Concieved Naturally) DS2/DD -Almost 2 years!
TTC #2 for 72 months
IVF #1 - Sept 10 - m/c @ 11wks - blighted ovum
FET #1 - Mar 11/11 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS!!!
10/15/11 - Deacon 5lbs 1 oz, Finley 5lbs 10 oz - Vaginal Delivery
Breastfed for 16 months!!!
FET#2 - June 11/13 - BFP!!
U/S 5w3d - TWINS AGAIN!!!
2/8/14 - Piper 6lbs, Harvey 6lbs - Vaginal Delivery
MommyToOne+2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:00 am

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More

cron