Hospital Bedrest

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby Cindy » Fri May 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Robynsegg2 wrote:I think that your water can break or you can go into labour and still feel fine hun. I think that is the scary thing, is when you are feeling "fine" you think you are in the clear but ANYTHING can happen.

If I were you, I would be marching myself into the L&D ward and saying that I wasn't feeling well and that they need to give me the shots for my cervix is .8! They won't turn you away. The thing about the steroid shots is that they can only help, even if you didn't have your babies for another 6 weeks, it wouldn't have hurt them to have had the shots.

I don't know, but I think that you need to listen to yourself and protect those babies.

lurking but i agree with a cervical length of that. It would happen really fast, and the steroids make the WORLD of difference.

And just to ease your mind, my preemie was born at 28w1d and she is doing just wonderful :D
Cindy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tracylynn » Sat May 14, 2011 12:57 am

Please listen to the ladies here. They know what they're talking about. That OB is an idiot. Sorry but for her/him to be so nonchalant about this is the craziest thing I've heard!! You absolutely need to be on hospital bedrest and those steroid shots can only help
Me - Tracy 35; DH - 37
http://tellierfamily.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Tracylynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dpkailua83 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:51 am

I agree with all the ladies. I never had a Hr Doctor but when I started getting preterm labor and was 90% effaced and less than a one, she agreed and put me on hospital bedrest, started the streriod shots, I got to go home after 3 weeks but than continued brdrrst. I made it to 32 +weeks. The hospital is the best thing bc they can stop the contractions and u need to be in bedrest. And honestly if ur home you wont but in the hospital u will have to and thats whats best for the babies! Good luck, ur in my prayers.
ME-28-PCOS
DH- 28-PERFECT
Kaleb & Dominic born 8/18/10
ImageImage
ImageImage
dpkailua83
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby macksmom » Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 am

Definitely go with what your high risk doc says...honestly with triplets I don't know why they are having you see a "regular" OB anyways. I had triplets in the beginning of my pregnancy and my regular OB said that "regular" OB don't handle anything more than twins so I was going to have to go strictly with a high risk doc. I lost one of the babies early so I stayed with my OB but still saw the high risk doc at the hospital for growth scans and cervical checks....and like the other ladies said, my regular OB ALWAYS went with what the high risk doc said.

And just to back up the ladies again....ANYTHING can happen and the drop of a dime. I felt TOTALLY fine when I went in for my regular weekly check up at 34 weeks....everything had been 100% perfect my entire pregnancy. I walked in and my urine was loaded with protein and my BO was through the roof....I had NO clue...I felt 100% fine! I was sent to the hospital and induced that day.

With triplets I wouldn't listen to anyone but your high risk doc....they have that title for a reason and really know what they are doing.

Good luck girl....keep up posted!
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

Just seeing this. I would definitely ask about the steroid shots. Thoughts and Prayers!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PregwithTriplets » Sat May 14, 2011 9:03 pm

So I didnt get the steroid shots or go to the hospital, I go to my high risk doctor on Monday and we will see what happens.. I been feeling good so far no contractions just home relaxing..
Me-28
Dh-28
TTC#1- 3 years
Pregnant with Triplets!!
2 Boys and a Girl

PregwithTriplets

Postby medicalkiss » Sun May 15, 2011 11:12 am

The OB should ALWAYS defer to your HR doc! When my Peri wanted the babies out, my OB said it no longer mattered what he thought, the expert is who he looks to for advise. The best medical judgement for multiples is the one with the most education, ie the HR! In med school, I am taught that too!
DH-30 Me (Jessica)-28
Expecting our miracle baby after being told we had the odds of 1:100,000,000 of conceiving!
Bella Kiss 11/4/10 7:47 am 5lb 8oz 17.5 in
Kayla Shay 11/4/10 7:48am 5lb 1oz 18.5in
medicalkiss
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dpkailua83 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Hope the next check up is good news. after I got of the hospital I had weekly appointments, I wasnt contracting but kept dialating she sent me in for a second round of steroids. I personally believe it helped my boys tremendously. Take it easy.
ME-28-PCOS
DH- 28-PERFECT
Kaleb & Dominic born 8/18/10
ImageImage
ImageImage
dpkailua83
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More