My Small Triumph

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

My Small Triumph

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon May 16, 2011 5:05 am

I am very proud of myself. Today I took all 3 kids on a walk to the park to play for a bit by myself for the 1st time. I have actually not done this alone before and neither has Phil- 3 kids under 3 can sometimes feel like alot to work with.

I was sitting home with the kids this morning, while letting Phil sleep in, and I was bored. Not wanting to watch a movie, I decided to try and walk with all 3 kids to the park so Dorien could burn some energy, the twins could get some fresh air, and I certainly could use the exercise! I figured the worst that would happen is we would get to the parking lot and Dorien would throw a fit so we'd have to go back and play in the apartment courtyard. I packed up the backpack with supplies, got dressed, and got hats and shoes on everyone.

Truly the only difficult part was getting the stroller and all 3 kids downstairs but I managed- took the stroller first, then the twins while Dorien waited at the top and then went back for him. As soon as Dorien had a stick, or 3, we headed off through the parking lot. I actually didn't have too much trouble, other-than Dorien tried really hard for a few yards to get out of holding my hand. Once I explained to him that while we were walking near where cars drove he had to hold my hand but as soon as we got to the park he didn't have to, he was completely fine holding hands.

We made it the 3 blocks to the park, where I sprayed everyone with sunblock, and then while unlocking the stroller I broke my flip-flop. I decided to just go without shoes and keep up with Dorien. We walked around the park, collecting various sticks and watching a soccer game, and we ran sticks along the fence to make the clinging noise. The twins never really made a peep, I think they were so tired they didn't really care what was going on. Dorien ran around for about 70 minutes and then asked for a drink and wanted to sit. I took Willow out (because she's lighter) and put Dorien in the stroller with Wes and then I started the walk home. We were across the park, which is about a 10 minute walk, and about half way back to the street we met a lady with 2 dogs that she let Dorien play with for a minute or two.

I did have to cheat about half way and put willow on the top of the stroller, but she just curled up with her thumb and went to sleep. It has been 90+ degrees out lately, so the asphalt wasn't exactly chilly as I walked home, but it wasn't a bad walk and we got home just in time for lunch and naps. All in all, a very successful trip!

I know it probably seems like a given that this kind of thing should be routine considering I do have 3 small children now and should be able to handle them; there are lots of people out there with 6 or 7 young children who manage just fine. But some times you just have to give yourself a pat on the back for dealing with what you got!

(for pictures click this link: http://waressfamilychronicles.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-small-triumph.html)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anna62 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 am

Well done! I'm a nanny and I know how hard it can be getting them out and keeping them all in line! And breaking your flip flop! Well that's just annoying! I'll give you a pat on the back from over here in the uk!
Me - Anna (30) DH - Ian (32) B/G twins born at 33 weeks and 3 days x

NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES THE END RESULT IS ALWAYS WORTH THE EFFORT.
anna62
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jen78 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:34 am

Good job Momma! I don't have twins, yet. But I know that with my two youngest they are such a handful it is difficult to bring them anywhere by myself my four yr. old tends to be a runner. I am not sure how I will handle it once I have the twins.
Me Jennifer 32 PCOS DH 35 DD 14DD 6 DD 3
Clomid Cycle #5 BFP!Beta 11 DPO 45.86
Beta 13 DPO 166 Doubling Time 25.49
one twin died at 9 wk 4 days one healthy bean
Jacob Born 12/6/11 8lbs. 1oz. 20inch.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1108a5
[img]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jen78
Angel
Angel

Postby macksmom » Mon May 16, 2011 9:33 am

Great job mama!!!!!! I'm still looking forward to the time I can take just the twins out on my own! :) A big pat on the back to ya!!!!
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 am

Good for you. I am nervous about that first excursion, and my twins are not even born yet.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon May 16, 2011 11:41 pm

My older son is definitely a runner too, lol! There were a few times I had to leave the stroller behind but it was always fun. I have taken 2 of the kids at a time by myself before, but not all 3 at once ;) I definitely feel like it's an option now. :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katieq » Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 am

Love that pic of Willow on top of the stroller!! The things we Mom's have to do to make it work. Am impressed you did it.....it's all about the small victories. I am still overwhelmed at the thought of taking three anywhere by myself!
katieq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 17, 2011 4:31 am

I love that one too! :D
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shrimpsey » Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 am

YAY!! Definatly a triumph, lol. I have adventured out with all 4, just to get Joeb to the bus, but it is a chore, lol. I went out with the 3 girls alone to the early years center, it was good, but challenging. Abrielle is also a runner. That is why the easter bunny brought her a piglet harness that she LOVES! (Thank God, lol) because to venture out to the bus stop with all 4 would be a huge challenge without it. :D Great job momma!!
Michelle 31 ~ Jim 38 ~ 2 angels 05/07 & 10/07
Believe| Breast is Best | Nutritional Cleansing
Our TAPS twins arrived at 31W2D~ Meghan 3lbs 1oz ~ Molly 2lbs 14oz
shrimpsey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 17, 2011 11:07 am

shrimpsey wrote:YAY!! Definatly a triumph, lol. I have adventured out with all 4, just to get Joeb to the bus, but it is a chore, lol. I went out with the 3 girls alone to the early years center, it was good, but challenging. Abrielle is also a runner. That is why the easter bunny brought her a piglet harness that she LOVES! (Thank God, lol) because to venture out to the bus stop with all 4 would be a huge challenge without it. :D Great job momma!!

No kidding Michelle! You're a trooper and super mom!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shrimpsey » Wed May 18, 2011 6:13 am

GreekMythFreak wrote:
shrimpsey wrote:YAY!! Definatly a triumph, lol. I have adventured out with all 4, just to get Joeb to the bus, but it is a chore, lol. I went out with the 3 girls alone to the early years center, it was good, but challenging. Abrielle is also a runner. That is why the easter bunny brought her a piglet harness that she LOVES! (Thank God, lol) because to venture out to the bus stop with all 4 would be a huge challenge without it. :D Great job momma!!

No kidding Michelle! You're a trooper and super mom!

Aww, thanks Robin! I would have to same the same about you. :D
Michelle 31 ~ Jim 38 ~ 2 angels 05/07 & 10/07
Believe| Breast is Best | Nutritional Cleansing
Our TAPS twins arrived at 31W2D~ Meghan 3lbs 1oz ~ Molly 2lbs 14oz
shrimpsey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 am

Wait until they are a little older and then it gets really fun/interesting!

In the early months, I would sling a baby to me (or put them in the back pack) and put Grifyn and one other twin in the stroller while we went for a walk (I have a dog that needs walking twince a day, so I HAVE to get out with all three).

Now, when we go to the YMCA, I hold onto the twins hands while Grifyn holds on to one of their other hand. And when we go for a walk outside, all three ride their bikes and I walk Jack (my dog) its fun, interesting and bonkers all at the same time!

Good for you for getting out with all three though! That is awesome!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lita74 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 pm

that is a HUGE triumph!!!
Lita74
Star Member
Star Member

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 pm

I wish Dorien would ride a bike, we're going to work on that :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More