Twin pregnancy help!!!

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Twin pregnancy help!!!

Postby PriYuvi » Wed May 25, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm pregnant with twins (9 weeks and 4 days) and this is my second pregnancy. I miscarried first one and had D&C. I'm 26 yrs old and weigh 126 pounds. I have no health issues and my BP is normal. I had vomiting and nausea and is getting better now. I'm taking Pre-natal vitamins, calcium + vit D pills everyday. The issue is one baby is growing slower than the other one. Twin A is 8w 3 days and Twin B is 9w 4 days which is as per date. The heart rate is 173 and 185 respectively.
Since this is totally new for me, I don't know what to expect and what not to. My doctor tells me to stay the same way which I'm doing right now. He didn't even prescribe me extra folic acid.

My questions are,
1. Will there be any problem with the slow growing baby? I'm worried. Please help!
2. What are the things I need to take care of, for twin pregnancy?
3. What are the questions I need to ask my doctor?
4. Is there any website to know about twin pregnancy in detail?

Any help is appreciated! :)
Thank you!
PriYuvi
Friend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

First of all, congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!

I would second what your doctor said and continue to do what yo do, but if you get tired, rest, if you need to drink, drink, if you are hungry, eat...you need to listen to your body.

I'm not sure about them growing a week apart, but i'm sure things will turn out just fine. May I ask you, did you go through fertility or no? Maybe you ovulated later? Not quite sure.

My best advice is to NOT GOOGLE A THING!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PriYuvi » Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Thank u so much! :) Ur words are refreshing...
No, I didn't undergo any fertility treatment. When we found out initially, the babies were one week apart right from the earlier stage. Even I'm not sure why this happened.

Once again, thanx for ur reply! I'll take ur advice.
PriYuvi
Friend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am

Congrats x2! Welcome and feel free to ask any questions at any time :)

Twins hardly ever measure the same as they grow at different rates and most likely implanted on different days. So you will always have one smaller than the other. Mine were usually 4-6 days apart. If your doctor worries then you should worry ;) They sound great (to date).

I concur with Robyn, don't goggle anything! Worry about a problem if it happens, but don't spend your pregnancy worrying about the "what ifs". At this time I would just take one day at a time and if a question arises ask :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Thu May 26, 2011 8:04 am

I agree witih the other ladies. Often one twin is smaller than the other for whatever reason. Just take it one day at a time and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. You will feel more tired than usual, and this is normal. Drink lots and lots of water. If you get dehydrated you will not feel good. Eat at regular intervals. If you get hungry you will not feel good.

Ask the amazing ladies here questions as they come up to you, and don't be afraid to ask your doctor lots of questions. That is what they get paid for.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PriYuvi » Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Thank u everyone for ur valuable advises. :) I'm relieved to hear ur answers. I'll continue to post my questions if anything comes 2 my mind...
I feel happy that I found this website...
PriYuvi
Friend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More