Cannot find sleeping position..

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Cannot find sleeping position..

Postby Lenka » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 am

Hi Ladies, I already posted this question on December Multiples thread and decided to repost here as well.

Does anyone have/had trouble finding a comfortable sleeping position? I'm barely sleeping for the past couple of nights. For some reason I could sleep only on my right side, but for the last couple of night I feel the need to shift from the right side as soon as I fall asleep. Shifting to the back isn't the option for me, as it just doesn't feel right. And when I'm on the left side, it feels like my belly weighs a ton! I wake up absolutely exhausted and by 4PM I'm just ready to crawl under my desk at work and fall asleep. :roll:

Any pointers/advice, ladies?
Thank you!
Lenka
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama27 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 am

I'm going to watch this thread because I'm having the same troubles! I have a body pillow that helps some, but it doesn't help enough. I feel like I need pillows surrounding me all the time.
Michelle

Image Image Image
Mama27
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macksmom » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:07 pm

have you tried sleeping places other than your bed? I found that around the middle of my pregnancy, if I switched where I actually slept it helped for a night or so. Sometimes I would sleep in my daughter bed, sometimes the couch, or recliner. It never worked more than a few nights, but the change seemed to help.

Eventually though that didn't even help...body pillows helped a tiny bit but not much. If you are on your side, a pillow between your knees and a pillow tucked under your belly (so it's not pulling you over) helps. I always ended up on my back though...so I just piled pillows up and slept inclined for the most part.

But regardless if I was in a comfortable position or not, I was up every 2hrs peeing :lol:

Hope that helps!
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 pm

I slept the best with a body pillow, on my left side, and 3 pillows under my head and back. That's not to say I slept great at all, just that was the best position for me. Also, I slept better on the couch. Sometimes because of pain I would sleep in the bed with my head on the pillow and my arms around my head on my knees so my butt was in the air and my belly was just slightly touching the bed. Hope you're able to find a comfy position soon, but you do pretty much kiss sleep goodbye in the end (30+ weeks). Hang in there mama!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCin2010 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:51 pm

i found that earlier in my pregnancy i slept on either side but with a pillow supporting my belly, now that I'm 37 weeks and HUGE i still sleep on my side but the pillow is between my legs and my belly is large enough to rest on the bed without any other support...

Good Luck..
TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sisrea » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Yea, i got a pillow that went under my belly that helped a HUGE amount, not enough to sleep without moving around a ton but that extra wedge pillow helped alot!
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lenka » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:30 am

Thank you for all of your replies ladies! :)

I went to Babies R US yesterday and got a Boppy Cuddle pillow. It did help a bit supporting my belly, but I feel like I need another pillow to go on the other side supporting my back. I'm gonna try that tonight.
Lenka
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ritzy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Ugh! sleep when you are PG with twins is non-exsistent....I had a body pillow which sorta worked but I was like Macks mom....I slept a new place every night. I also did a lot of starting in one place and then moving to another in the middle of the night. I wish I could tell you that one position was fabulous...really, none were! Funny, cause now that the twins are here Im so damn tired I could sleep standing up! LOL!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Cannot find sleeping position..

Postby Pregily » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Hello, girls! For me is the only escape from nightmares - was a pregnancy pillow, so many nights I suffered until my husband bought me the maternity pillow. Recommend for all girls, if you are looking for best models go to Google or visit Amazon, good luck!
Pregily

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More