** Introduce Yourself **

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

** Introduce Yourself **

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 am

I thought it would be fun to introduce ourselves by answering a few questions and sharing a little bit about ourselves. I've never seen the Multiples Forum do this and if you all like I could make it a sticky. It's time for our forum to have some fun too! ;)

Since we're just getting started, ALL mamas, not just those who are expecting!

Name:

Children:

How long were you TTC:

Due Date:

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals:

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples:

Where do you live:

Anything else:
Last edited by GreekMythFreak on Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:39 am

I guess I'll start then ;)

Name: Robin

Children: 3 - DS1 = Dorien 3yr, Twins = Willow & Weslie 20m on the 12th

How long were you TTC: With Dori we tried for 7m with 3 m/c. With the twins we were going to start trying 3m after we got a surprise BFP.

Due Date: Dori was due 2/7/09 but arrived 1/26/09, twins were due 9/15/10 but arrived 8/12/10

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: I have G/B twins, fraternal of course ;)

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Complete shock, overwhelmed and then excited over the course of a week and then repeated several times throughout the pregnancy! ;)

Where do you live: Phoenix, AZ USA

Anything else: I work full time and will be going to school full time for the next 2 years to finish my nursing degree. My husband is a SAHD and he does a wonderful job. Dorien was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder at 18m and has a speech delay that's normal with the disorder, but with therapy has been making VAST improvements. I love being the mom of twins and a spunky redhead!
Last edited by GreekMythFreak on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby halo856 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

Name: Katie

Children: One sweet little girl, Courtney Marie! (8/16/2010)

How long did were you TTC: 1 year

Due Date: 9/28/12

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: 1 Boy and 1 Girl

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Kind of hard, I kind of had a feeling in the back of my mind, but I knew the day we triggered there was only one egg that was possible to ovulate, and come to find out I actually oved 3! So when I saw two black circles, before the tech even said anything, my jaw literally dropped and I got a little shakey. I had lurked over here too much to not know what I was looking at, lol! Such a happy shock!

Where do you live: Hot and Steamy Louisiana

Anything else: I was on fertility Imeds, femara (which I had used alone to get pregnant with my daughter) and follistim. I had done femara alone to get pregnant this time for 3 cycles with no success, follistim alone with no success, but together they worked magic this time! :D
Last edited by halo856 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: Katie 26
DH: Shawn 47
Pooches: Sophie and Baci!
Courtney Marie! 8/16/2010! Sweet baby girl!
ImageImage
halo856
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gardener » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:55 am

Here goes:

Name: Chloe

Children: 1 son, Harry, 10, and three stepsons, Joshua, Zach, and Matthew, 19, 17, 14. Stepsons live with us 1/2 the year. I'll also add that we have 5 cats, a very old dog (14) and a lot of chickens and ducks!

How long did were you TTC: 2 months! I thought it would be harder since I had an IUD for almost 5 years.

Due Date: June 4th, technically, but it looks like May 8th is the day.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Girls, Ruth and Sadie, probably fraternal.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Sharp intake of breath, hilarity! We just knew it was the case, though we had no good reason to think so!

Where do you live: Dutchess county, NY, about an hour and a half north of NYC.

Anything else: I'm a landscape designer, but I'm hoping to take at least a year off to be with the twins since they are certainly my last babies. I love raising vegetables and crocheting (these babies have an INSANE number of crocheted hats, sweaters, blankets, booties and toys awaiting them). I also love my chickens and I can't wait to be physically able to tend to them again, if the twins ever allow me a free moment to do so.
Me-Chloe, 38
DH-51
DS-10
DSS- 14, 17, 20
Gardener
Star Member
Star Member

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Katie - So glad your magic concoction worked, and got you TWINS! YAY!

Chloe - You should post a thread with pics of all your crochet stuff you've made! Would love to see them. My mom made hats and my friend made blankets for the twins. My mom just made Willow some tutus and Wes a blanket :D LOVE homemade stuff :D
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklebug » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Fun post-thanks for starting! :)

Name: Heather

Children: Boy Girl Twins born 2/14/10, and Baby Girl #3 on the way next week!

How long did were you TTC: started in June 2007, got pregnant with the twins in June 2009

Due Date: 5/13/12

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Boy/Girl Fraternal Twins from our first IVF Cycle, and a Baby Girl coming soon from our FET Cycle

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: So psyched. I love my twinkies! We were so blessed after so many failed IUIs that our first IVF worked. We transferred two and both stuck around.

Where do you live: Upstate NY

Anything else: I work full time as a special education therapist with kids birth through 5. Love my job and love these boards! They have gotten me through so many "freak out situations" in both my pregnancies, and with raising the twins. So glad we can be here to support each other through it all.
Me: 30; DH: 33; TTC #1 23 months; May-June IVF #1 6/13/09 5 day ET, tranferred 2 blasts, 3 snowbabies on ice. Beta 10dp5dt: 239 Beta 12dp5dt: 568 Beta 16dp5dt: 3026 B/G Twins Born 2/14/10 Aug 2011 FET #1 8/24/11 Transferred 1 Day 6 Blast  9dp5dt Beta : 95 13dp5dt Beta: 816, Singleton!! HB 160
Due Date May 13
Twinklebug
Star Member
Star Member

Postby macksmom » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Name: Michelle

Children: MacKenzie (10), Caleb & Addison (1 as of this past weekend!)

How long did were you TTC: not at all with DD1 (I was 18 and on BCP, have since found out from my fertility doctor that I've probably had PCOS forever, hence why my periods were always crazy or nonexsitant, we thought it was because of sports, but that the pill actually took my "out of whack" hormones, and regulated them, making me actually MORE fertile, and explaing getting pregnant when I was on the pill)....we tried over 4yrs for the twins

Due Date: Kenz was due 1/14/02 was born 12/31/01...twins due 6/5/11 and were born 4/27/11

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: B/G, identical...heehee...kidding of course

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: sooooooooooo excited!!! We had tried so long, and had 4 follicles for our IUI, we were definitely prepared to see more than one!

Where do you live: Columbus, Ohio

Anything else: DH works for the railroad, and is only home a few weekends a month :( I'm an SAHM and in nursing school....we had tried so long to get pregnant and when it wasn't happening (already had a failed IUI), I figured I should just go ahead and apply for nursing school. I figured if I was lucky enough to get pregnant, it wouldn't be for awhile and by then I would probably be halfway through the program and then I could just finish while I was pregnant...well I got accepted and found out I was pregnant the week before classes started....then found out about a month later it was twins....so I had to "sit out" after my first quarter and re-enter after the twins were born.
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Name:

Children: Emmett and Beckett, 5 months old on Sunday

How long did were you TTC: 6 cycles, about 8 months. got pregnant with twins from our first attempt at IVF!

Due Date: was due February 18th, boys were born December 6th (29 weekers)

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: fraternal boys

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: so, so happy given that we had to do IVF and pay for it out of pocket; we wanted two so we could complete our family and not have to do another round of IVF someday!

Where do you live: Fairfield County, CT

Anything else: Our 9 weeks in the NICU were the hardest thing I've ever been through, and the scariest, but the NICU trained our boys SOOOOO well that they're amazingly easy babies for the most part. Have been able to fall asleep completely on their own since they came home and sleep through the night pretty consistently now at 4.5 months actual, 2 adjusted. Oh and I'm a stay at home mom and it's a crazy adjustment. Still getting used to it.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCin2010 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Name: Lauree

Children: Aidan & Audree (for now ;) )

How long did were you TTC: 5 months

Due Date: 8/3/11.... C section was 7/20/11 (My choice)

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: One of each!

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: I laughed and cried at the same time. We were very actively trying so a couple days after I O'd I had a dream that we were pregnant with twin girls. I told my husband that it was twin girls, he said OH NO!.... two weeks later we found out I was pregnant and I just had a feeling it was twins, even though they dont "run" in my family. 4 weeks after that we found it was twins! I was happy we were blessed with one of each!

Where do you live: Orange County, CA

Anything else: I used to work full time and now I'm a stay at home mom, I'm trying to not go crazy being home so I blog and am thinking about starting a business next year....
Me:Lauree: 29 DH: Joe: 32

DS:Aidan: 7.20.11
DD:Audree: 7.20.11

My Blog

TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby caligirl22 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm

How fun!!

Name: Joy

Children: Nicholas - 16 and Marcos & Mateo 4 months

How long did were you TTC: For the twins - 12 years, my older son was my one hit wonder :oops: We finally gave in and tried IVF and it worked on our first try.

Due Date: it was 2/12/12 but they were born 12/19/11

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Fraternal Boys

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: SUPER EXCITED! I felt blessed after trying so long, it was like winning the lottery.

Where do you live: Northern California - Sunnyvale

Anything else: My DH is also a SAHD, I recently returned back to the work world :D I work in the High Tech world in order processing
Me - 36/ DH 36
DS - 18
Twins - 2.5 years

IVF #1 (after 12 years TTC) SUCCESS -
Twin Boys born December 19, 2011
caligirl22
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Egray » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Name: Erin

Children: Gillian and Finley almost 2 1/2

How long did were you TTC: 3 years before turning to IUI's. Did 4 of those and then one round of IVF

Due Date: 12/25/09 born at 37w 12/04/09

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: G/G Fraternal

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Despite the fact we put back 2 eggs and my betas were high I still thought it would never happen to me. Shocked wasn't even the word to describe my reaction.

Where do you live: Connecticut

Anything else: I worked full time up until the girls were 2 and then lost my job this Janauray. Dh and I were talking about me quitting my job this year anyway to stay home so it wasn't a big deal. I wasn't sure how I was going to like being a SAHM, which is the only reason I went back to work after they were born. Now that they are at a fun age and we're able to do so much I love it.
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Introducve Yourself

Postby mgajate » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Love this! Great idea!!!

Name: Maria

Children: DS (Abdiel) who is 11yo, Ricardo and Reynaldo (twin boys under construction)

How long did were you TTC: Abdiel was a total surprise, twins were conceived in our first month officially trying again.

Due Date: Abdiel DD: 10/30/2000 Born: 10/10/2000, Twins DD: 05/10/2012 Born: TBD

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Abdiel and the twins are all boys! Twins are believed to be identical.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: As I went to this appointment by myself, I was scared to death when the nurse told me she needed to speak to the dr before going on. She came back smiling and told me she would let me hear the hb, both of them, because I was having twins! I thought she was joking but nope there they were in the u/s. DH was terrified when I told him, he even hanged up on me. It definitely took some time to sink in.

Where do you live: Puerto Rico

Anything else: I feel so blessed with this babies, after so long of not being the right time, and a horrible loss in 2010. I'm also a full time working mom, and don't know if I can be a SAHM.
Me (Maria) 32 - DH (32)
High School Sweethearts Married 06/2000
DS (11)
BFP 09/01/2011, Boys born on 05/02/2012

mgajate
Star Member
Star Member

Postby january » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Name: Heather

Children: Violet -- 3yo and Frick & Frack under construction

How long did were you TTC: With Violet, we TTC'd for 16 cycles before starting Clomid. Got pregnant our first Clomid cycle (50mg). This time we started with Clomid since I still had LPD and anovulatory cycles and we got pregnant on our 2nd Clomid cycle (50mg)

Due Date: 7/1/12

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Girls... assuming fraternal since we used fertility meds and they're di/di but I guess we'll find out in 7 weeks or so.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Absolutely horrified, traumatized and shitting our pants, pretty much. I'd had dreams about twins since I got our BFP and the cycle we got pregnant was much more intense than any other I had, but I still figured it would never happen to us. We were on the lowest dose of Clomid and DD was conceived with Clomid and clearly a singleton

Where do you live: Akron, OH

Anything else: Guess I'm boring because I can't think of anything else to add!
Heather - 32
DH - 33
Violet - 12/31/08 (born on her EDD -- 6lb 13oz)
Eleanor & Cecilia - 6/26/12 (born 39 weeks 2 days -- 6lb 8oz & 7lb 10oz)

january
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Twinklebug - Can't wait to hear your baby girl has arrived, I've been stalking your DDC ;)

macksmom - I still don't know how you do it with your DH gone most of the time. I don't think I could, you're a tough, loving lady! He's a lucky guy ;) When do you graduate? Dec?

buggie - Happy Birthday this weekend! Hope you have a good time! Your boys are so cute and I am glad they're treating you well. NICU is hard, I was sick of it after 2 weeks! But it sure is a bit of a blessing, I agree :)

TTCin2010 - You do blog ;) How fun to start a business! GL!

caligirl22 - How fun! My husband was just telling me he watched a special on SAHD and how the numbers have quadrupled (or something) over the last decade ;)

Egray - I didn't know about your job, I am glad you're enjoying being a SAHM. I love doing things with the kids now that they're old enough to! So much fun!

mgajate - I can completely empathize with you, my husband got mad at me for messing around when I told him we were having twins. He was doing bath time with DS1 and wasn't in a very good mood, LOL! After I handed him the U/S report he went into shock for about 5 minutes and then started calling every family member he could think of to tell them! HAHA!

Also, I am with you - I don't think I could be a SAHM. Both maternity leaves I was happy to get back to work. I love my kids and spend all my time at home with them, but I have to have my adult/ quiet time. Plus I REALLY love my job!

January - I don't think you're boring, LOL!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tracylynn » Tue May 01, 2012 6:21 am

Name: Tracy

Children: Kathryn & Michael Age 2

How long did were you TTC: 1 year. 3 cycles of clomid, 1 IUI and then turned to IVF given time wasn't on our side :? It worked the first cycle :D

Due Date: born at 36w 3/31/10

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Boy/Girl Fraternal

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Over the moon!! We definitely wanted twins.

Where do you live: Northeast

Anything else: I work part time as an attorney Mon-Wed. My Mom & MIL watch the kids when I'm working. I'm considering staying home full time at the end of this year. Not sure just yet. I do love getting out of the house though. It makes me a more patient mommy especially at this age. My daugther is ALL girl and my son is ALL boy. It's so awesome to watch both sexes grow up in parallel. LOVE being a twin mommy!
Me - Tracy 35; DH - 37
http://tellierfamily.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Tracylynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More