** Introduce Yourself **

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby Egray » Tue May 01, 2012 6:24 am

Greek: Yep I was terrified when I lost my job! Not because of the money, thankfully Dh makes enough to take care of us, but because I was going to be home with the girls ALL DAY! Lol.

I didn't think I was going to be able hack it. Maternity leave was horrible, I was begging to go back early but now that they are older its not bad. Thank goodness!
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 01, 2012 6:38 am

Egray wrote:Greek: Yep I was terrified when I lost my job! Not because of the money, thankfully Dh makes enough to take care of us, but because I was going to be home with the girls ALL DAY! Lol.

I didn't think I was going to be able hack it. Maternity leave was horrible, I was begging to go back early but now that they are older its not bad. Thank goodness!

I agree 100%, I am not a fan of the newborn stage - there are parts I like but I much prefer 6+ months ;)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby babydust2me » Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 am

Name: Cassidy

Children: none yet, Morgan & Reagan are baking!

How long were you TTC: 3 years - our 2nd IUI worked, first with the femara/follistim combo

Due Date: 8/3/12

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: 2 Girls and I'm assuming they're fraternal since we had 2 mature follies at IUI

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Sort of a surprise but I feel like deep down I've always known DH and I would have twins. DH and I were both over the moon when we found out though!

Where do you live: South Louisiana

Anything else: I admire all the SAHMs here. I just don't think I could ever do it! I just started a CPA firm in August with a few other people so I'll likely still work some while on maternity leave but I will absolutely be going back once the girls are about 8 weeks old.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dun2859 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 am

Name: Tiffany

Children: Brinley and Casey - 13 months old

How long were you TTC: 3 years - 6 IUI's, First IVF resulted in miscarriage, 2nd IVF worked!

Due Date: 3/30/2011 Twins were born 3/9/11 at 37 weeks exactly

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: 1 of each

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: I had spotting the morning of my u/s so I thought it was over. I went in to my RE's office and was a complete wreck. I had my eyes covered when he was doing the u/s. He told me to look at the screen. I did and there was a beautiful h/b fluttering away. He moved the wand and said uh oh, there's another one. LOL! I was so thankful to have 2 healthy h/b's!!

Where do you live: Pennsylvanis

Anything else: I am a special ed teacher and asst. principal at a middle school. I definitely enjoy my job and adult time. My MIL watches the babies for us, so that is a huge plus.
IVF April 2009 Angel 8w4d IVF July 2010 - Twins born March 9, 2011 - Brinley Noelle and Casey Adam Jr.
dun2859
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mommyslittlemnster » Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 am

Name: Stephanie

Children: 2 boys... 3.5 and almost 2.

How long were you TTC: I got pregnant the first cycle I stopped breastfeeding DS2

Due Date: June 18th

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Two di/di girls...don't know if they're identical.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: I cried. I was so upset and overwhelmed. It took a couple months to finally come to terms with it.

Where do you live: Southern California

Anything else: I think I'm still in denial about having two babies. I still can't believe there are two babies in there! Thank God for all you ladies or I wouldn't have been able to survive the past 8 months (and beyond I'm sure.)
Me: Stephanie 27 DS: Stephen Jr. 11/28/2008
Dylan Danger 6/19/2010 Charlotte and Chelsea 5/24/2012
mommyslittlemnster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 am

I agree 100%, I am not a fan of the newborn stage - there are parts I like but I much prefer 6+ months

I think this is how I'm going to feel too. The first month they were home from the NICU, I think every other sentence out of my mouth began with "I can't wait until..." and ended with everything from "they sleep through the night" to "they can entertain each other" "they smile" etc, etc, etc.

Newborns are cute, but boring IMO. Mine are just now getting more fun, with smiles and being able to play on their own for a little while (ie. lay under the gym and be happy there). But I still spend a good portion of the day going "What the hell am I supposed to do with them!?!"
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tracylynn » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 am

buggie wrote:
I agree 100%, I am not a fan of the newborn stage - there are parts I like but I much prefer 6+ months

I think this is how I'm going to feel too. The first month they were home from the NICU, I think every other sentence out of my mouth began with "I can't wait until..." and ended with everything from "they sleep through the night" to "they can entertain each other" "they smile" etc, etc, etc.

Newborns are cute, but boring IMO. Mine are just now getting more fun, with smiles and being able to play on their own for a little while (ie. lay under the gym and be happy there). But I still spend a good portion of the day going "What the hell am I supposed to do with them!?!"

Yup!! I wasn't a fan of the newborn stage either. I honestly loved it once they hit 1 year. With every phase there are new challenges and while 2 years is not easy by any stretch, hearing those words, "Mommy I Love you"...ahhh, nothing better :D
Me - Tracy 35; DH - 37
http://tellierfamily.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Tracylynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ritzy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

Name: Michelle

Children: Grace-8 Olivia and Liam-13 months

How long did were you TTC: With Grace we tried for 5 cycles, with the twins it took 6 very long years

Due Date: Grace- due date 6/21/03 born on 6/18/03 Twins- due date 4/5/11 born on 3/21/11

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Girl, Boy/Girl Fraternal

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: So so happy! We had tried so long and we were so excited that both embryos took. We both cried....it was an amazing experience actually....

Where do you live: LA County, California

Anything else: I work part time as a kindergarten teacher and stay home and raise my "wild life" the rest of the time. I like the balance of doing both...the time away from my kids keeps me sane. I have a super supportive family and DH which helps a lot!
Last edited by ritzy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ritzy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 am

I also wanted to add that I didn't realize there were so many of us from Southern California! Too funny!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 am

Name: Robyn

Children: Grifyn (4) Olivia&Gavin (2.5)

How long did/were you TTC: I personally did 8 rounds of IUI's, a fresh IVF and a FET and got the twins. Melissa had Grifyn on her second IUI.

Genders: We have on of each and my oldest son!

Reaction to find out it was Multiples: I was beyond excited! I so badly wanted to contribute to our family and felt like such a failure when I couldn't provide our first. So, when I found out I was pregnant (not even nowing how many at this point) I was SHOCKED! So I welcomed seeing two flickering heart beats in there! I was so happy!!!

Where do you live: Ontario, Canada

Anything else: I work full time and watch the kids on my own full time. Melissa and I work opposite shifts to keep the kids out of daycare. I love to drink wine!!! :D :lol: 8)

I agree with a lot of the girls here in that the older the kids get the better it is...but I still couldn't be a SAHM!!! I love my adult time WAY too much!!!!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sharerc » Tue May 01, 2012 10:10 am

I don't post on here often anymore. But I still can't leave the site. I love hearing about all the multiples. :wink:

Name: Carrie

Children: 3- 8 year old DD, 4 year old (as of yesterday) twin DDs

How long were you TTC: 4 months with DD1, 16 months with twins (1 blighted ovum, 3 months of clomid, 1 IUI with injectibles, and then jumped feet first into IVF. It worked on the first try with implanting 2 embryos.)

Due Date: DD1 was 6-17-03 and she was born on 6-16-03. Twins was 5-20-08 and they were born on their scheduled date of 4-30-08.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: All girls. All very different!

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: We did IVF and my beta was rather high. I had a feeling it was twins. I was just relieved to see 2 healthy babies. The only thing that made me nervous was paying for 2 in daycare for 5 years!

Where do you live: Trophy Club, Texas

Anything else: I'm an educational diagnostician. I do testing for students with special needs. I love my job and am constantly reminded over long holidays or summer break that there is no way I could be a SAHM. The time off I get working in the school district is just enough for me. And working in special ed, I am constantly amazed and reminded how thankful I am to have 3 very healthy DDs! I have to remind myself that when all of them hit puberty! :?
Carrie and DH, Bryan
DD1 Raegan
DD2/3 Samantha and Mallory
The Sharer Family Blog

ImageImage

ImageImage
sharerc
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MominMD » Tue May 01, 2012 10:39 am

Name: Amy

Children: Sawyer 2 (3 in July); Henry and Griffin 9.5 months

How long were you TTC: For Sawyer we did 9 IUIs (one miscarriage at 10 weeks and a couple brief BFPs) then the first IVF worked. We used my eggs.
The twins were donor eggs and worked on the first cycle as well. I had some hormonal changes between the 2 and doc did not think I was a good candidate for IVF with my own eggs anymore.

Due Date: Sawyer was due 8/4/2009 and was born by scheduled C-Section 7/28/2009.
The twins were due 8/1/2011 and were born by scheduled C-Section 7/18/2011.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: All boys, fraternal.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Doc called us the day of transfer and said we would most likely get twins if we transferred 2 embryos becuase they looked so good. He tried to talk us out of it. We went with the two, but I was still in disbelief when we got high betas and when we saw 2 on ultrasound. Was nervous and in disbelief until about 18 weeks when I finally started to believe it and allowed myself to tell people and work. I was already huge and amazed they did not know.

Where do you live: Outside Washington DC.

Anything else: I love newborn babies, but newborn twins were very hard, much harder than I even expected. They are so fun now and change every day.
Also, I had GD with Sawyer, but never got it with the twins. I have no idea how that happened, but I happily ate ice cream until the end the second time.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ravenaub » Tue May 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Name - Aubre

Age - 31

Children - Cameron (10) Aidan (6)

How long were you TTC - Actively trying for 18 mos. Received a DX from RE that made us skip IUIs and go straight to IVF. First IVF resulted in a m/c. Second one worked!

Due Date - Cam was due 2/12 and was born 2/12 (my water broke! I couldn't believe it!) Aidan was due 12/20 and was born 12/14. Twins due 6/17 born ???

Boys/Girls/Identicals - Cam (boy), Aidan (boy), twins (fraternal boys)

Reaction to finding out it was twins - Silence followed by the realization that we would have to get a new car. Disbelief. Still in disbelief. Excitement, but am in total denial. It's gotta hit sometime, right?

Where do you live? Oooooooklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... (Just north of Oklahoma City)

Anything else - Sometimes when I go to enter a post and TWW asks me, "Are you human?" I want to reply, "No" or "Sometimes" or "What's it to you?"
Me (Aubre) (31) DH (31) DS (10) DS (6)
TTC #3 for 18 cycles
IVF #1 :angel: at 7w5d
IVF #2 :bfp:
10/19 - Twins!!
11/8 - :hb: 161 :hb: 170
1/5 - TWIN BOYS!!! :babyb::babyb:
ravenaub
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ritzy » Tue May 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Aub: "Anything else - Sometimes when I go to enter a post and TWW asks me, "Are you human?" I want to reply, "No" or "Sometimes" or "What's it to you?"

Too funny! I think the same thing sometimes!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed May 02, 2012 3:21 am

I actually have put 'no', LOL! It asked me again!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More