** Introduce Yourself **

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Postby ritzy » Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 am

Sometimes it will ask me to "say hello", I wonder what would happen if I put something like "howdy" would it accept it?
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklebug » Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 am

GreekMythFreak wrote:
Egray wrote:Greek: Yep I was terrified when I lost my job! Not because of the money, thankfully Dh makes enough to take care of us, but because I was going to be home with the girls ALL DAY! Lol.

I didn't think I was going to be able hack it. Maternity leave was horrible, I was begging to go back early but now that they are older its not bad. Thank goodness!

I agree 100%, I am not a fan of the newborn stage - there are parts I like but I much prefer 6+ months ;)

Okay, so happy to see you girls say this! I was also begging to go back to work after 3-4 weeks of my maternity leave. I think sometimes singletone moms look at me like I have ten heads when I say this, but two babies are tough!! Now that my twins are 2 yrs+ I would love to stay home with them if I could...I agree that the older they get, the more you acn do, and the more fun it is :)
Me: 30; DH: 33; TTC #1 23 months; May-June IVF #1 6/13/09 5 day ET, tranferred 2 blasts, 3 snowbabies on ice. Beta 10dp5dt: 239 Beta 12dp5dt: 568 Beta 16dp5dt: 3026 B/G Twins Born 2/14/10 Aug 2011 FET #1 8/24/11 Transferred 1 Day 6 Blast  9dp5dt Beta : 95 13dp5dt Beta: 816, Singleton!! HB 160
Due Date May 13
Twinklebug
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ravenaub » Wed May 02, 2012 7:22 am

ritzy wrote:Sometimes it will ask me to "say hello", I wonder what would happen if I put something like "howdy" would it accept it?

:lol: or "Sup" :D
Me (Aubre) (31) DH (31) DS (10) DS (6)
TTC #3 for 18 cycles
IVF #1 :angel: at 7w5d
IVF #2 :bfp:
10/19 - Twins!!
11/8 - :hb: 161 :hb: 170
1/5 - TWIN BOYS!!! :babyb::babyb:
ravenaub
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 am

When you put in "sup" or "yup" or "better believe it" it rejects you completely!!! LOL!!! I have tried it many of times just to see! :lol:
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chantellg » Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 am

This is fun! I haven't participated this pregnancy much on any of the boards because I just feel all "in between" like I don't quite fit anywhere! lol

Children: 1 boy, Michael, he'll be 1 year old on May 4th! 2 more boys cooking! :)

How long were you TTC: A year with Michael we had gone to get an ultrasound done to see what the "issue" was and I just so happened to finally be pregnant! Got positive that evening because the tech asked me if I had taken one yet, used Soy and vit B6 for that pregnancy. With the twins we weren't trying yet but we weren't protecting and I started to take the Soy so that when we started trying in a couple months I would know my cycles. Turns out, we didn't have to actively ttc this time and got twins!

Due Date: April 30th with Michael and August 26th or 30th with the twins, but my Dr says if I make it to August 16th that will most likely be day of induction or csection.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Two Boys! Most likely fraternal.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: I was a lot like Mommyslittlemnster, I wouldn't look at the ultrasound screen when my dr told us, even though dh was thrilled. Then I walked out, got into the car, called my mom and cried. I was just in complete shock, crying off and on. Its still pretty much the same.

Where do you live: Tucson, Arizona

Anything else: I've had a really hard time with the pregnancy. I am so excited for my boys but I pretty much cry at least once a day. The hormones are CRAZY and sometimes I think I may be a bit depressed or something :/ I worry for my first ds but I know things will be ok. I think back to newborn times and I really miss them and then I get the overwhelming feeling that it won't be the same. I feel really awful about the way I feel because I know when it took us a while to conceive Michael I would have been SO annoyed by someone who wasn't just over the moon about having twins, but now I get it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them and wouldn't trade them but its just scary still and most of the time I still don't believe there are TWO!

ALSO, you guys are too funny! I also think to put something else in those "hello" boxes but never do. I'm kind of impatient and that would mean I'd have to do it all over again ;)
Last edited by Chantellg on Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me <3 dh 12/20/2008
DS 5/4/11
DS 2 & 3 7/7/2012 (8weeks early)
expecting baby #4 in December!

Chantellg
Angel
Angel

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:45 am

Chantellg wrote:Anything else: I've had a really hard time with the pregnancy. I am so excited for my boys but I pretty much cry at least once a day. The hormones are CRAZY and sometimes I think I may be a bit depressed or something :/ I worry for my first ds but I know things will be ok. I think back to newborn times and I really miss them and then I get the overwhelming feeling that it won't be the same. I feel really awful about the way I feel because I know when it took us a while to conceive Michael I would have been SO annoyed by someone who wasn't just over the moon about having twins, but now I get it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them and wouldn't trade them but its just scary still and most of the time I still don't believe there are TWO!

I just wanted you to know I think this quite normal. It was a rollercoaster of emotions for me as well. One week I would be so excited and planning everything out, the next I worried if I'd even be a twin mommy cuz I know so many pregnancies that started out with twins but only went on to deliver one. The next week I would freak over the finances of having 3 toddlers and just the logistics of having 3 LITTLE kids in the house, 2 of them newborns.

I cried the last 4 weeks almost every night over pain, lack of sleep and the biggest thing that made me SO sad was thinking that I had made DS1's life SO unfair. There he was just starting to talk and be able to enjoy activities and I was about to turn his world upside down. How would he understand at 18m old?? And then how was I supposed to love, not 1 but TWO more children as much as I loved my DS1... I didn't think it was possible.

The fact that there REALLY are two babies doesn't really hit you until you hold them both the first time. I mean I knew there were two all along, but I just couldn't really believe it was true til they were here. And for the record I DO love them just as much and I so love having them. The 1st month was the toughest of my life, but it's all a blur now and they're SO much fun.

I stuck with the DDC I was due in and I love them. Still talk to most of them daily. But I also posted ALOT in here and love all these ladies too. Still talk to most daily as well :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby leahtill » Wed May 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Name: Leah

Children: DH has a 17 and 16 year old daughter and son from. His first marriage. Together we have 2 yr old (February) twins.

How long were you TTC: DH had a vasectomy reversal after we got married. We had to wait for 6 months before they would check his numbers. After they came back kind of okay we actively tried for 4 months before attempting comid. 4 cycles of clomid and were referred to an RE for an IUI. We got to the day of "insertion" and after he dropped of his goods we were told he didn't have a single swimmer. After that we had to wait about 5 months to get the ball rolling with IVF. 18 eggs retrieved, 17 were good, 7 fertilized, and only 2 made it to blasts. They were the best two!

Due Date: that depends on which doctor of mine you asked! I was so frustrated by that...around 4/01/10 but arrived at 34 weeks 1 day on 2/23/10.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: One of each! Just what I wanted.

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: I really was hoping they would both take. DH compromised with me just to have one more child...twins would be my only way to get two! I was actually pushing to put three eggs back...gah. My betas were high and I has severe OHSS. I was told those were all good signs that both were there so I already sort of expected to see both sacks. That first ultrasound was more of a confirmation rather than a shock.

Where do you live: Ohio! Near Cincinnati

Anything else: DH is gone about 3 weeks out of every 4 which makes me a single parent most of the time. Lately he's been gone every week. I'm a 6 th grade math teacher who is counting down...15, yes, 15 more school days until I get some summer time off to spend with my kids!
Me 30, DH 41
IVF July 2009: Boy Girl Twins 34 weeks 1 day: 2-23-10 Alexis 4 lbs 1 oz, Zachary 4 lbs 3 oz
<br>
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
leahtill
Angel
Angel

Postby Lenka » Wed May 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Name: Elena

Children: Mika & Alex - turning 5 mo on Sun

How long were you TTC: exactly 3 yrs, got pregnant on the 3rd IVF attempt

Due Date: 12/14/11, delivered via c/sec on 12/06/11

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Boys, fraternal

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: kinda expected that with IVF. Plus, have a lot of twins on both sides on the family, so the idea of me ending up with twins was always on the back of my mind. My paternal grandma had two sets of twins!

Where do you live: Boston, MA

Anything else: I just quit my job to be SAHM, and I'm terrified! Always thought I would do it once we have kids, but never expected it would be so difficult.

PS: So agree with you ladies on not being a fan of a newborn stage! It was the longest 5 months of my life :) I want the time to start passing by already. It's been dragging SO slow..... :)
Lenka
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lita74 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Name: Lisa

Children: twin boys, age almost 3!

How long were you TTC: ages - IVF

Due Date: July 16/09 - born June 4/09

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: fraternal boys

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: OMFG!

Where do you live: Ontario, Canada - just west of TO

Anything else: would like to have one more baby!
Lita74
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Jamm » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am

Name: Jennifer

Children:Austin-12, Michael and Madeline-9, Jaiden-7, Abigail and Adam-4

How long were you TTC: most were not planned but not prevented

Boy(s) or Girl(s); both sets are fraternal b/g

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples:First set I went in for my regular 20 week u/s (my insurance only covered the one) we had no idea it was twins, noone suspected twins either. She put the wand on my belly and the tops of 2 heads were perfectly clear. I laughed and my DH cried. With my second set I had a feeling it was twins and we found out at 12 weeks, this time I was more nervous going from 4 to 6.

Where do you live:Northern Virginia

Anything else: I am also a preemie mom. All my kids were early ranging from 36-32 weeks. I spent so much time in the NICU that knowing the oxygen level in room air and at what gestational age babies develop a better suck and swallow reflex are like second nature for me. I don't mind hospitals and never really think of the NICU but if I smell the kind of soap they used it brings all the memories back. Funny how a smell triggers more memories than pictures do :D
Me 30 DH 41
DS:12
DD & DS:9
DD: 8
DD & DS: 4
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Fri May 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Jamm, my boys were in the NICU for 9 weeks, I was there all day, everyday after the first couple weeks and the smell of that soap instantly brings me back there!!! Once my boys are a little older and I can ditch the Purell, I will never, ever use it again. I'm beyond sick of the smell of it :)
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftwingirls1 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 am

Name: Kristina

Children: 2 Madison and Mackenzie 3years

How long were you TTC:3years to many IUI's to count. 1st IVF worked

Due Date:Nov 13 born Oct 25

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Girls not identical

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Two for the price of one

Where do you live: Northern California

Anything else: I have been reading this forum forever.

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sat May 05, 2012 10:44 am

Very cute little ladies you have ther momoftwingirls1
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby saraek » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:05 am

Name: Sara

Children: DD - 2 years old on Monday

How long were you TTC: 15 months

Due Date: 1/20/2013

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Not sure yet... fraternal I think

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Overwhelmed and scared

Where do you live: ohio

Anything else: Nope!
Me: 32, DH: 34
Gracie Alycia was born 6/18/2010!
Evelyn Olivia and Lillian Elise born 1/2/2013
saraek
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bakermommy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:27 am

Name: Kandice

Children: Twin boys will be one Sunday :(, 3rd due 1-12-12

How long were you TTC: 3.2 yrs with the boys, not with this one.

Due Date: boys were due July 7th, had them June 17th.

Boy(s) or Girl(s); Identicals: Fraternal. They are complete opposites

Reaction to finding out it was Multiples: Took a second to set in, but we both cried and were extemely happy. We transferred two eggs so we knew it was a possibility. They were the lone survivors, so I know they were meant to be.

Where do you live: Oklahoma

Anything else: I would just like to say that it is amazing how quickly you forget how miserable m/s is. Also, I have to say I am different than everyone else. I loved the newborn stage! I must admit though, my babies were pretty low maintainence. We joke how this baby with probably be the complete opposite.
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)