Carseats

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: Carseats

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 am

Well I don't know why I never thought of it before but we wouldn't have to get the slim seats for DH's truck anyway - it's much wider than my car is and I think a 3rd seat would fit comfortably with no problems. Plus we wouldn't need them until this time next year so we'd have time to buy them. That definitely helps our budget! I'm still leaning toward getting a set for his truck for tax season just because I anticipate it being a pain to take the seats out of my car every day and DH loading them in his truck every day for 3.5 months. But I think we can get away with buying cheaper seats that aren't as slim for his truck.

It does sound like I'm going to be leaning toward the Radians. They are pricey but if they'll last us until the girls don't even need booster seats anymore then it'll totally be worth it.

Cayman - Your DD is already growing out of her infant seat?? That's crazy! Reagan is my bigger baby and she's probably about 26.5 inches long right now. Morgan's a good 2 inches shorter than her sister.

They are starting to get too heavy to just carry them around but the portability of drop off and pick up right now just makes life so much easier. I think we'll keep them in the infant seats at least until tax season is over.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cayman4 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:28 pm

babydust2me wrote:Cayman - Your DD is already growing out of her infant seat?? That's crazy! Reagan is my bigger baby and she's probably about 26.5 inches long right now. Morgan's a good 2 inches shorter than her sister.

I have big kids, lol. At her last appt. she was in the 86th percentile for height. Her brother is in the 96th percentile for height. I'm glad DS has started to slow down because to dress these two is expensive! Alexa is already starting to outgrow her six month sized clothes and is only four months old. Her next well visit is tomorrow. We'll see how big she is now.
Me: 34 DH: 37 DS: 3 DD: Born 8/31/12

Benjamin Thomas born on 12/4/09, 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in.

Alexa Michelle born on 8/31/12, 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 in.

Cayman4

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 pm

You'll have to share!

At their last appointment Morgan was in the 10th percentile for height and weight and Reagan was in the 25th. I wouldn't be surprised if Reagan is closer to the 50th percentile now though because she's outgrown the 3-6 month clothes too. It's crazy because she used to be my smaller baby and she didn't start wearing 0-3 month clothes until she was 2 months old!

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 pm

I can't really imagine keeping a baby in the infant seat until they outgrow it. At least for my guys. They technically still qualify for our old infant seats bc they are 29.5 inches and 18 pounds and the seats go to 30 for each. But I can't imagine a 13 month old their size fitting in that carrier!!!

Also, I hate pants sizes. My dudes are 25th percentile for their height and need 6 month pants, but 12 month or 18 month everything else otherwise they're tripping on the pant legs! They must have long bodies and short legs, lol.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 pm

LOL - my girls are the same way Robyn! The difference isn't quite so drastic but when they move up to the next size in onesies and stuff, the pants are always WAY too long and we always stay in the smaller sizes for pants. Even Reagan who is way bigger than her sister is too short for the 6-9 month pants. Crazy. When did you move your boys out of their infant seats? I feel like my girls are too young still just because they're not sitting up unassisted yet. So I still need them in their carriers to stick them in the stroller. They'll be 10 months old when tax season ends and I need them in their carriers until then just to make it easier for DH and I to drop off and pick up.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

They were around 10 months actual/7.5 adjusted when we switched I think. Our stroller has a 5 point harness so one day I stuck them in there and went for a walk, they survived and we ordered the convertible car seats soon after. We only have 1 car so we didn't have to worry about ease of switching off, I probably would have kept them a lot longer in the infant seats in that case.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Cayman4 wrote:I have big kids, lol. At her last appt. she was in the 86th percentile for height. Her brother is in the 96th percentile for height. I'm glad DS has started to slow down because to dress these two is expensive! Alexa is already starting to outgrow her six month sized clothes and is only four months old. Her next well visit is tomorrow. We'll see how big she is now.

I feel for ya, my DS1 is over the 99th% for height. He doesn't stay in a size for more than 3-5 months. It's exhausting financially, LOL! He goes out of shoes about every 2-3 months too. Luckily my daughter likes to stay in a size for about a year now, so that's been nice. Too bad we have TONS of hand-me-downs from friends for her, haha! We go for his 4 year check up in two weeks on his birthday and I think he's almost 44-46" (average is 37)! It will be interesting to see how big your Alexa is! KUP
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cayman4 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 am

I'll let you girls know tonight what Alexa's measurements are.

I wonder how big my DS will be when he's grown up. He was 40 1/4" at his 3 year appt. Yeah he goes through shoes fast too. I'm glad that there are outlets near us.
Me: 34 DH: 37 DS: 3 DD: Born 8/31/12

Benjamin Thomas born on 12/4/09, 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in.

Alexa Michelle born on 8/31/12, 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 in.

Cayman4

Postby january » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 pm

babydust2me wrote:When did you move your boys out of their infant seats? I feel like my girls are too young still just because they're not sitting up unassisted yet. So I still need them in their carriers to stick them in the stroller. They'll be 10 months old when tax season ends and I need them in their carriers until then just to make it easier for DH and I to drop off and pick up.

With my oldest DD, we had her out of the infant carrier by 7 months because she was a massive beast, lol. I forget how much she weighed at that point, but she was 18lb by 4 months. She was HUGE and lugging her around in that thing was torture. But she didn't start sitting unassisted until 8-ish months. It was kind of a pain in the butt for a couple of months until she could sit by herself for extended periods of time. I ended up having to take pillows & blankets with me everywhere we went to prop her up in shopping carts and restaurant high chairs.
Heather - 32
DH - 33
Violet - 12/31/08 (born on her EDD -- 6lb 13oz)
Eleanor & Cecilia - 6/26/12 (born 39 weeks 2 days -- 6lb 8oz & 7lb 10oz)

january
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeinside » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 am

Thanks for all this great info!

I have to go on a hunt for a new vehicle as mine will not hold 3 car seats! I'll be sure to buy them first and take them with me when I do so!

I am thinking of doing the infant carriers first though, as I'm not sure how I'd manage 3 without them? I have so much to figure out! Can't wait for the shopping and nursery building though :)

Me - Celeste

:angel: :angel: - Makayla & Dakota - November 2004 @ 24 weeks
:angel: Kaylee -October 2012@ 18 weeks
hopeinside
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 am

I have to admit, I always liked the carriers first :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

The carriers are a lifesaver! They make things SO much easier.

Wow, Heather, Violet was quite the little chunky monkey huh?

Celeste - I love my Graco SnugRide 35s but there's no way a 3rd would fit in my Ford Edge. I sat between them once and I could barely fit!

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Has anyone tried the bubble bum inflatable booster seat? Like Robin I have a 4 year old giant child, also a redhead:) Every so often I will be having to stick him between two carseats and that seems to be my only option.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby litmajor » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 am

Lurking (I also don't have multiples lol)

We have the SnugRide 35 as well, and it is huge. I'm still glad I got it, as DD is 75th percentile in everything, but I'm not going to cry the day she can sit up unassisted and can sit in the front of a shopping cart!
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alixa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 am

It is very important aspect when we are going for traveling with small kids how they will fit into big car seat there are lot of chances of escape from that seat so need to buy baby car seat which are very good option for babies and great safety provided now a days so that parents won't need to worry about safety.
http://www.carseatvs.com/dofind
Evenflo Tribute DLX
http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=105&pfid=6346
Evenflo SureRide DLX
http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=426&pfid=6359
alixa

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More