so frustrated

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

so frustrated

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, today was a total bust. I slept all day until 1pm (I'm that tired) then woke up long enough to get in the car to pick up my LOs from school and come home again. By the time I got in I was so winded and my heart was just beating out of my chest. My HR was about 120. I sat down and couldn't break my HR for almost an hour. But it did finally settle down. Anyway, I said, the heck with it and called the doc. I told them about this episode, all my itching, my extreem fatigue, etc. And they said I should have called sooner and to come on in. So after I get my parents to take the kids and my dad to drive me (it's 45 mins away) we finally arrive. I'm feeling basically fine (fatigued as heck as usual and uncomfortable as heck as usual) at this point. Anyway, they get my vitals, check the babies heartrates and say they're contacting the doc and will get back to me. I wait almost an hr only to be told that they want me to go home and come back in the morning to the drs office to be seen. They didn't even check my urine! NOTHING after all this hassle. I was SOOOOO annoyed. But after a long talk wtih the nurse decided to just come back tomorrow. So here I am. ALONE :( (hubby is out of town) taking care of my 2 LO's the best I can while I can barely get around due to pain and fatigue. I just feel HORRIBLE. That's the only way to describe it. The nurse said I "look anemic".... but of course they couldn't even check me for that until tomorrow.

So until tomorrow I guess I wait. And hopefully sleep. Thanks for letting me share my day. Sorry to be such a downer on here lately. :(
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: so frustrated

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm

I am glad you called! Hope you get some answers and relief in the morning! KUP!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:57 am

How frustrating! Did you have your appointment today? How did it go?
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 am

So sorry Hazel :( I hope your appt today was much better (and faster!) I hate having to wait! KUP!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Well the appointment went OK I guess. My vitals were fine once again but they're a little concerned about these episodes I'm having with my heart rate. They want me to contact them if the episodes are starting to get worse or more frequent. As for the itching they said if it is the liver its almost unheard of to start this early (not what the internet says! But I didn't argue!).... so they said to report back if it gets worse and they'll check further into it. I will say, the itchies ahve been a little less intense today, so maybe it's just something weird afterall? I also had my fetals echo ultrasounds today and I'm happy to report all looks great with their hearts! Baby girl is still breach and kicking the heck out of my cervix, and baby boy is head down. The girl is 1lb 1oz and the boy is 1lb 2 oz.

They also took blood to check me for anemia. I should know something within a few days. In the mean time I'm flat out miserable. I'm SOOOOOOO tired I'm barely able to lift my extremities....so getting going walking is rather torturous. Not to mention my in laws and nephew (5) are coming for a week long visit tomorrow and my son's b-day party is Thurs evening, plus Easter weekend activities planned. Not sure I'll be doing a whole lot. I guess we'll just see.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now Hazel!

Resting and chilling out as much as you can will help your heartrate and BP..I know that's easier said than done when you have 2 Los (I can't even imagine having kids right now, I don't know how you ladies survive!)

Perhaps your labs will show anemia and at least you'll have an answer to your exhaustion and hopefully supplementing is your solution. Did you say you were Taking iron supps already? I hope they work for you...I know I mentioned this before but they didn't work for me..I had another iron infusion today actually! Really not bad at all, but hopefully the pills do the trick for you.

KUP on how your b/w comes back!
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:28 am

Glad all looks okay thus far :) Hang in there mama! T&Ps
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Ugh! I'm sorry you've got it so rough right now! I hope they come back and say you are anemic because then there is at least there's a good chance you will start feeling better with more iron supplementation. I jut got my labs back and had to increase my iron (and increase my thyroid med) and I feel tons better just in the last couple of days with the new pills. Yes, I still get winded walking down the hall, but I don't have quite the extreme level of exhaustion I had the last few weeks.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks guys for all the words of encouragement and support! While part of my wishes I was anemic (so it could be fixed!) I got the labs back today and all is normal. Which of course is a good thing over all. But Aughhh. So I guess this is just how it's going to be for me. I'm all but bedridden already. My back/sciatics/pelvis locked up so bad last night after my sons birthday party (where I was on my feet more than I should be) that I literally couldn't walk. My husband had to support my teeny tiny steps all the way to the bedroom just to go to bed. We have a walker so he went and got it in case I couldn't get to the bathroom in th enight. Luckily everything relaxed by then and I could walk again. Not well, but I could do it! I'm also really out of breath again tonight with pulse racing. But they don't think it's anything abnormal. Oh, and strangely my itchiness seems to be getting better. Go figure. Who even knows what that was all about! lol! Here's to hoping that the rest of the pregnancy stays about the same.... lol! Yeah right, as I get even bigger I just KNOW tihs aint gettin' any easier! So here's the healthy babies! Because Mama is out for the count at this point! :)
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More