Give Me Hope

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Give Me Hope

Postby bakermommy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:11 am

If you're one of the pregnant twin mommas right now STOP READING :) haha. Those of you who have been at this for a while I need some hope. I'm drowing! I love my boys sooooo much, but man! They really are at a fun age where they are talking and playing so much, but with that comes A LOT of work. I'm just looking for a light at the end of the tunnel. When does it get easier? When do they not require so much "attention" I use that loosely because obviously I want to give them attention forever, but right now it seems like all I do is tell them no, stop, don't touch that, sit down, you're going to fall, yack yack yack. I'm exhausted! I mean I do have a 3 month old too, but he is easy compared to them. When can they eat a meal without it being a HUGE cleanup effort? I guess after an exhausting Easter weekend I just need some encouragement. Sorry if this is a negative post. I really am grateful for what Ive been blessed with.
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)
Beta #2 8/1/14 (66) Progesterone 26
9/10/14 :hb: 166
10/8/14 :hb: 156
11/10/14 It's a Princess!!
3/27/15 Brooklyn Grace 7lbs 13 oz 19 in
bakermommy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Give Me Hope

Postby tinyt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 am

Hang in there! Well, I guess I know now what I'm in for in the coming months:) My girls a few months behind yours so I'm not much help. I didn't want to read and run.

Congrats on your new addition! I hope you get some well deserved rest soon!
tinyt
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Well... As far as easier I thought the twins got WAY easier at 6m and continue to get easier every month. As far as eating without the huge mess - I think our older one was good at 3. But as far as the constant attention and No-ing, that still hasn't stopped. I'm gonna say it starts to slow down at 3.5? We're still constantly on the move, so I don't know. We're just looking forward to when they're ll in school, LOL!

Hang in there mama! Hugs!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Well, I am pregnant with twins so maybe I should've stopped reading! LOL! But, I have a 3 and 5 year old too, so I can relate. For me the challenges have just changed. So instead of dealing with huge messes now I deal with them teasing each other and behavioral issues. I'd say the physical attention (diapering, feeding, cleaning food messes, changing their clothes, bringing them to the bathroom, etc) slowed down significantly around 3, right around the time they were completely potty trained. But the behavioral attention (the no's, you can't do that, don't hit her, no spitting, no throwing, etc) got more intense around the same time because now they are smarter and can lie and manipulate more, so the parenting part gets harder! So in some ways it's easier, because they do have plenty of days they are well behaved, and those days are wonderful! But on the days they are not behaving I feel like the day will never end and wish for the easier, younger days, where the work was more physical than mental! My son will be in kindergarten in August, so I'm hoping his behavior gets better and better. But we shall see I guess! The new twins will certainly be throwing a wrench into everything! lol! Good luck.....I've found that it all happens in phases.... bad then good, then bad again.... etc. You'll get through this!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 am

You mean things get harder and not easier as they get older?

I guess the challenges are just different the older they get. Mine are starting to get into everything and they don't understand no yet. I feel like I'm constantly saying "No, don't hit your sister. No don't take your sister's toy. No, don't play with that, it's not a toy." Hopefully your boys get easier soon!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm

babydust2me wrote:You mean things get harder and not easier as they get older?

Well, no they really don't get harder. The challenges just change. And in a lot of ways they do get easier. Like they can potty themselves, feed themselves, they're not in constant 24 hr danger of swollowing small objects or running into the street, they are SOMETIMES able to be reasoned with, they return a lot more love, etc etc. But discipline becomes more challenging and figuring out how to stay one step ahead of their quick witted little minds is def difficult! That's just my experience though... I'm sure others have vastly different experiences! In any case you'll get through this phase. I have found every rough patch to end and become easier... but the phases do keep coming! ;)
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More