Went to L&D last night

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Went to L&D last night

Postby hazelbazel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 pm

So got in a HUGE fight with husband, full of screaming and yelling and crying.... :mad: .... then ended up with a huge contraction that left me breathless. I settled down and laid down and drank a bunch of water.... and ended up continuing with mild contractions and cramps that lasted about 1 min about 2-3 min apart for over an hour. I couldn't seem to break them on my own. So I called the doc and they told me to go in.

It turned out I was having mild contractions fairly consistently. So I had a full ultrasound, they measured my cervix, and they checked my blood and urine. After a little while the contractions all but went away on their own. My urine was a little questionable and they think I may have been dehydrated. So that coupled with the stress of the fight we had just set my body off.

Now today I'm drinking like crazy and resting a lot. But I've been getting contractions here and there anyway. I know they're just braxton hicks, but it's strange because before yesterday I pretty much hadn't had any.

My doc said this could turn out to be a pattern where I get frequent contractions and have to get monitored every so often or this may never happen again until the end. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Went to L&D last night

Postby kricket724 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 am

I've had braxton hicks pretty frequently since about 12 weeks but I also have an irritable uterus so this is normal for me. Just wanted to say I'm sorry you were under so much stress and I hope things smooth over with you and DH soon! So hard to be pregnant and stressed out. It can really mess with you. Take it easy mama!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 am

I was in a labor pattern for a while after about 28/30 weeks. So definitely get the monitoring if they recommend it. Stress can send you into labor so be careful.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:47 am

I'm glad everything's ok now. Dehydration can most definitely send you into early labor. My co-worker (singleton) had a stomach bug at around 28 weeks where she couldn't keep anything down and she was contracting in L&D and her FFN test came back positive. They pumped her with fluids and she made it to full term. That freaked me out enough to drink almost a gallon of water daily.

As for the contracting, I started getting BH around 18 weeks and they continued up until I went into labor. I never had more than 2 or 3 an hour though.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 am

I drove myself CRAZY with Braxton Hicks. I had them from 14 weeks or so on. And by 24 weeks, I would get them any time I did anything. I'd get up to 5 or so in an hour. But they were never getting longer, stronger, and closer together so my doc wasn't concerned (and my boys weren't born early bc of premature labor).

For me, taking a warm bath made them slow down usually. And drinking a crap ton of water.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More