Is my body just falling apart?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Is my body just falling apart?

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Gosh. I feel like I'm on constant alert these days as I'm just not feeling right, and I don't know whether its normal for me or what???

But ever since I went to L&D the other night with the contractions I've still gotten them here and there... but not in a rythem, so just braxton hicks. Nonetheless, starting last night I was starting to get some really bad throbbing in my lower back/hip region that would come and go like lightning. I wasn't sensing any contractions during the episodes so dunno what that was? Then last night I woke with a serious calf cramp and jumped out of bed immediately to walk it off. It didn't go away fully and is still here today. It hurts when I walk or when I pull my toes toward my knee... so now I'm wondering blood clot? It's also the same leg that started getting really swollen last week unlike my right leg that has been swollen but not nearly as swollen. In addition my heart rate has been racing out of control for no reason when it feels like it. And I get really short of breath when it happens. It was up to 140 per min yesterday at one point. Then today for about an hour hovered about 100-110 and I was short of breath the whole time.

I feel like a whack a doodle and if I call the docs again they're going to send me to a looney bin!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Is my body just falling apart?

Postby kricket724 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm not sure about the heart rate fluctuations (except my heart beats really fast and I get out of breath just walking up the stairs) but I can relate on everything else. I woke up the morning before last with a horrible cramp in my calf too and remember that from my last pregnancy. That's totally normal and now that I'm getting them, try to make sure I eat at least 1 banana a day because it's the potassium you need to keep that from happening. I get braxton hicks all the time too. Even when I'm laying down sometimes. I think most of it is totally normal, just weird and uncomfortable when you're not used to it! Never hesitate to call the doctor if you're worried though, that's what they're there for and better safe than sorry!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks Kristen! :)
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm heading to a cardioligist tomorrow. My heart rate was up to the 150's today and stayed up there for over an hour. My legs and arms went numb and I almost passed out. Ever since every time I stand up to do anything my heart rate jumps to at least 120. Even at rest its 95-100. It's just not right. Something is wrong. I've also had a pounding headache and such difficulty catching my breath. I just hope they can figure out what is wrong because it's really scary when it happens. :(
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More