Sleep Apnea

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Sleep Apnea

Postby kricket724 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 am

So this is a bit embarrassing but hubby is really starting to get concerned over my snoring at night. :oops: He said its turned into apnea and he's worried I'm not getting enough oxygen for all three of us. He said I only snore when pregnant or after I've had a few drinks, lol and obviously I haven't been drinking! In my singleton pregnancies, it was just at the end that I started this but obviously now at almost 6 months with twins, it's kicked in early. Did anyone else deal with this? What did your OB suggest? Did anyone get a CPAP machine while pregnant?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Sleep Apnea

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 am

Hmmm, I didn't deal with it, but it doesn't hurt to ask your doc and discuss your concerns. When's your next appt?
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Yup, I snore like a man right now too! lol! But my hubby sleeps through it so who knows if I'm stopping breathing or not? I often wake myself with my snores, so maybe it's because I'm needing oxigen? I dunno. But I agree, talk with your doc about it. Also, if you aren't already, you may want to start sleeping in a more upright position. It's the only way I can sleep now as the babies press too hard on my ribs and lungs when I go flat. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 am

You can ask your doc but I'd think they would do a sleep study before putting you on a cpap.
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More