does this bother anyone else?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: does this bother anyone else?

Postby kricket724 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 am

After being pregnant with twins once before and then losing them, I absolutely wished for and wanted twins again. I mean, I saw my little tiny 9 week old babies and will never forget the heart break and devastation I felt. That loss will haunt me for the rest of my life. Ever since then, I've prayed to be blessed with twins again and seriously had an intuition I would have them eventually.

So yes, I wished for twins -- healthy, take-home babies that will keep me up, drive me crazy and at the same time, make me the happiest mama ever.
I know it will be tough -- I'm sure I really have no idea how tough, but I'm so immensely grateful for the chance to carry, give birth and raise twins again. That being said, I totally get what you mean Megan. I've had several people tell me they'd wished for twins just for the "so I can get it over with" reason. I think that's a pretty crappy viewpoint, (excluding infertility situations) and if they really look at having kids that way, like its something to suffer through, why bother at all? That kind of ish is just freaking obnoxious and pisses me off.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm

kricket724 wrote: I've had several people tell me they'd wished for twins just for the "so I can get it over with" reason. I think that's a pretty crappy viewpoint, (excluding infertility situations) and if they really look at having kids that way, like its something to suffer through, why bother at all? That kind of ish is just freaking obnoxious and pisses me off.

Do they really think single and twin pregnancies are basically the same? If you are going to bother with being pregnant, you may as well end up with two babies when you're done giving birth? Oh, and raising two at once must be easier than spending twice the length of time raising two!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Shelly+3 wrote:
Do they really think single and twin pregnancies are basically the same? If you are going to bother with being pregnant, you may as well end up with two babies when you're done giving birth? Oh, and raising two at once must be easier than spending twice the length of time raising two!

I honestly think a lot of people believe a twin pregnancy is no big deal. In fact, I've had a family member say that to me. Granted, she was referring to the beginning of the pregnancy but still, there isn't any part of a twin pregnancy that's comparable to a singleton pregnancy in my mind. From pretty much day one it's been different for me. Thankfully I've have a very healthy, smooth pregnancy so far but I know that's not always the case and things could get more complicated toward the end. I really think people just talk out of their butts a lot and have no real clue. It just irritates me when people view children as a burden to suffer through. Sure, they're a lot of work but why have them if you can't enjoy them ya know?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Wed May 08, 2013 5:59 am

Kristen - I think you hit the nail on the head. People just don't realize how big of a deal twin pregnancy is. It's nothing like a singleton. One of my partners was pregnant with a singleton about 3.5 weeks ahead of me. She worked up till she had her DS but I had to start working part time and then working from home way sooner. I don't think my partners had even expected it but I was huge compared to her (although I gained 60lbs and by the end she gained 55). I think it possibly sunk in when I went into pre-term labor. Although one of my partners (a man) somehow got confused and thought all 3 of us had gone home when I had premature babies (and I wasn't even discharged from the hospital yet). People really just don't know how much different it is having that one extra baby. I delivered at 33 weeks with less than 8lbs total of baby. Both of my sister's kids were 9+lbs but I was way bigger than she was. THe extra sac, fluid, placenta, etc makes a huge difference.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More