+ffn and cervical changes

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

+ffn and cervical changes

Postby babyluv51 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am

So last week I had a +ffn and given betamethasone for the lungs and sent home with procardia for contractions. Today my cervix was 2.4, slight funneling and dynamic. Not on bed rest but taking it as easy as possible until Friday when I'll have a repeat measurement to see if I can maintain this activity without additional cervix changes. Any walking or up and down causes contractions at this point. Anyone with related experience?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: +ffn and cervical changes

Postby babydust2me » Mon May 06, 2013 10:23 am

I don't have any personal experience but my co-worker got a stomach but around 28 weeks and was got so dehydrated she was contracting and had to be hooked up to an IV. Her FFN test came back positive but with rest and rehydration, she stayed pregnant and had no other issues until her DS was born at 39 weeks. Granted she had a singleton but a positive FFN test doesn't necessarily mean you will go into labor in the next couple of weeks, just that you could. Take it easy and I hope those babies stay put!!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I never had a positive FFN but I had early labor issues. I would rest as MUCH as possible and drink as much water as possible! Hang in there, T&Ps
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I just went in last night due to having strong regular contractions for several hours. My FFN was neg however. My cervix was 2.9 and funneling.... they weren't overly concerned about that. My contractions finally got far enough apart where they were OK sending me home. I was told to stay in bed for next 24 hrs and drink tons and hopefully the contractions would stop altogether. (they haven't stopped but they are not regular either) Anyway, that's my only experience thus far. I'd say keep resting and drinking until Fri and let us know now it goes.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More