Yikes!!

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Yikes!!

Postby kricket724 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Up until about a week ago I was still feeling pretty good with tiredness being my major complaint. It seems like just in the last week things have really started to change. I feel like every day I get a little more uncomfortable. I've been trying SO hard not to stress or focus on the discomfort and just think positive, enjoy the pregnancy, etc but holy crap, today was pretty tough. I was nauseous and had heartburn all day, headachy, tired, grouchy. My pelvis feels like its going to crack apart and I have tons of BH's unless I'm laying down which is also uncomfortable! My legs are sore, peeing every 15 seconds but have a hard time even wiping myself! lol It's so pathetic it's almost funny! I guess I knew it was coming, just hoped I would've had a while longer. You ladies that have BTDT, any tips on staying comfortable?

Thanks for the vent. :oops:
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Yikes!!

Postby Shelly+3 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:20 am

I don't really count as a BTDT mom really because I'm only a few weeks ahead of you but I have been in the same boat lately. Honestly, what really helped me the most was my 32 week growth scan this week. At 28 weeks I had a pretty big disparity between my two boys and finding out this week that they are now both over 4 lbs and only 9 oz apart has made it all seem worthwhile. I'm not so worried anymore and know that whenever they are born now I know they will be ok. I'm physically still miserable and know it will only get worse, but mentally I think I can handle it better. Well, that and my Dr. said it is fine to take benedryl to help sleep. I don't take it every night but when I start to get really miserable and sleep deprived I take it and can handle the next day SOOO much better.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:37 am

Good to know Shelly! Yay for your babies being over 4lbs each! I'm hoping this weeks growth scan and 3D/4D scan will lift my spirits. I'll ask my doc about the Benadryl too. Night before last I had a horrible time sleeping. I think that's part of what made yesterday really rough.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Sun May 12, 2013 6:04 am

4lb is huge Shelley! That's awesome!
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable already!
:(
The best advice I can give is to listen to your body and when it's telling you to rest, rest...and don't be shy about asking people to help you...dont try and be superwoman! get those feet up and keep yourself hydrated and as rested as you possibly can..Because unfortunately, it's only going to get worse as the babies grow and you can never be sure what "worse" will actually mean for you..hopefully just the typical aches and pains that come Ina growing twin pregnancy and nothing more complicated or awful.

In my scenario, "worse" ended up being the kind of torture (the PUPPs rash) I wouldn't wish on anyone. When I was going through that, I was so glad I had taken it easy in my pregnancy up to that point bc otherwise I don't know how I would've survived or made it to 35 weeks (things started to unravel for me at week 32).

Hang in there though, you're doing great!! Twin pregnancy is NO joke!!!
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Oh boy! I'm so right there with you! I just want to cry this past week. Although i keep surprising myself..... For example i went to a fundraiser last night and although it was tough, getting out and bring social really lifted my spirits. In addition, every week that I'm still driving my kids, walking around, and leading some semblance of a life i surprise myself! So i guess just knowing I'm not on bed rest and that the babies and i seem to be healthy so far is what's holding me together. Maybe with each other we can help lift our spirits too! At least we are in this together! ;)
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 am

Hazel you're one day past when my boys were born! So trust me, as horribly uncomfortable as it is, it's better than visiting two tiny red babies in the NICU! lol
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lita74 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:50 am

OMG...and it only gets worse! lol Best advice is to rest...as much as you can. My pregnancy was brutal...I used to cry I was in so much pain and had so many issues. Now, I can look back and laugh (took a long time to be able to do that...my twins are almost 4 lol). Anyway, just wanted to say you are doign great and HANG IN THERE!!!
Lita74
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kricket724 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks ladies! :) Hazel, so glad to have someone going through the same thing at the same time to commiserate with! haha I think you're right though, when I'm not focused as much on the discomfort, I seem to do much better. I will say that the last two days have been great. Hopefully I was just adjusting and catching up on some rest after our trip to DC and things will stay good for a while longer. Saw my OB today and both babies look great and are breech (head up feet down position) so that definitely explains some of the pelvic discomfort with four feet kicking me there, lol! It was really nice to see the babies again though and know they're doing well. We have a 3D/4D scan scheduled for tomorrow night so I'm really looking forward to that too! :D
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 am

The third tri is soooooooo uncomfortable! I agree - rest as much as you can, but also stay as mobile as you can while you still can. I wish I had stayed more mobile - I think my recovery would have been easier, though I don't know how I could have been with the swelling I had. But yeah - like PP said, listen to what your body is telling you. Know that your body will give everything to your babies first and you last, so stay hydrated and well fed and well rested. Hang in there! You're reaching the home stretch!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 am

I'm right there with you! Except I'm on bed rest now which seems to make my back hurt even more! I have a growth scan on Friday.... Will be interesting to see how ours compare being the exact same Edd!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 am

babyluv51 wrote:I'm right there with you! Except I'm on bed rest now which seems to make my back hurt even more! I have a growth scan on Friday.... Will be interesting to see how ours compare being the exact same Edd!

Oh yeah, I can't wait to see how they compare! So sorry you're on bed rest :( I'm hoping to avoid that if at all possible. So far so good. Hubby insists he's renting a wheel chair for me when we go to Virginia over Memorial weekend though, lol!

Meg, I'm drinking water like a fish and doing the best I can to stay relaxed and rested although I was up late last night reading Buggie's blog, hehe
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue May 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Just poppin in really quick to send a hug. The end is tough, pelvic pain was my biggest complaint. hang in there mama!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More