First big bump

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

First big bump

Postby kricket724 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Went in for my regular growth scan today. First time at the new hospital (recently switched OBs so I'm delivering at a new hospital) and its amazing! I loved the hospital and commented to DH how I'm looking forward to delivering there. Well, I guess I meant to say I'm looking forward to delivering there when babies are big enough! Got to MFM this morning around 9:30 and didn't leave until almost 4pm! The babies both look great, est 2.6 and 2.7 lbs each which is awesome. However, the cervical check showed my cervix measures 1.5. Definitely not good. I was sent to maternity triage right away and monitored for contractions. Thankfully not much was showing up. FFN test was negative but I'm dilated to 1 cm already and so now on bed rest at home (thank God!). Also got the steroid shot for babies' lungs and progesterone supplements. Pretty scary day but so glad I got to come home. Bed rest will be interesting with a 3 year old but I envision lots of movies and pb&j's. Also planning to hire our teenage babysitter to come over as often as she can to take DS to the park so I can rest. She's right around the corner and homeschooled AND her mom had twins too so hopefully they'll be happy to help. Just crossing EVERYTHING I can stay home and not do hospital bed rest. They threatened today and I was freaking out a little trying to imagine how that would work. But, if it does happen we just have to make due until my mom can come out in early June when she's out of school.

So that was my crazy day. One fun thing to add to not make this all bummed out news is that we did our 3D/4D scan last night and got an amazing pic of baby A!! Baby B was hiding from us and had too much in front of her face but baby A posed perfectly for us! I know I'm biased but isn't she adorable?!

Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: First big bump

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh no, how scary! However, it's great that they are so big already and that your mom can come out soon. It's already mid-May so June is just around the corner. Also, super-yay that you get to be at home! My 4 yr old DS is fine with me laying on the carpet doing puzzles, building trains, whatever, and I'm still laying down so it can work. You can do this!!!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby buggie » Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 am

Oh my gosh, she's smiling!!! That is so cute. You'll have to save it to compare to a pic when she's born and see if she looks the same.

Good luck on bed rest, scary stuff but hopefully you will be able to do it all at home. And that's good about the steroid shots. I got them several days before my boys were born and they both skipped ventilators and never needed them.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

That was a scary day! Hopefully bedrest helps and you can stay at home. I only had one dose of the steriod shot and my girls only briefly needed breathing assistance after they were born. So brief that I had no idea. They were off by the time I was able to see them out of recovery

ANd yes, that little girl is adorable! I'm jealous you got a good picture. Toward the end I never got any picture of faces. My girls only wanted to show us their butts!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Girlfriend!!!! I know it's scary! Well have to chat more to pass the time. I go again tomorrow at 11 for growth and cervix again.
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Oh my! I'm so glad they caught everything now and you're on bedrest already. That will help everything a ton! And good for being able to be home! That's great!

Keep us posted and hope everything stays status quo for a while yet!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:04 am

babyluv51 wrote:Girlfriend!!!! I know it's scary! Well have to chat more to pass the time. I go again tomorrow at 11 for growth and cervix again.

Yes, definitely! My most immediate goal is to make into June so my mom can be here. Not too far away!

Shelly, so far my DS is good with books, watching YouTube videos and cartoons. I know he'll need some outside playtime soon but so far so good!

Cassidy, too funny about your girls showing their butts, haha! Baby B was really being shy and had her hands in front of her face or was turned toward my back.

Buggie, I can't wait to compare to the pic after she's born! :) So glad the steroid shot worked for your babies, what were their estimated weights before they were born?

Hazel, is the procardia an oral med they're giving you? Did they mention anything about progesterone?

Thanks for all the support ladies! So far so good. Forgot to mention that we found out my cervix was measuring over 4cm last time it was checked end of April so I guess that was another reason for the mini-freak out. Have you all ever heard of anyone being on bed rest and reversing the shortening? Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought maybe its possible. I really want to make it to July!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 am

Estimated weights before they were born... Just checked the blog and they were estimated to be 1lb 12oz and 2lb 1oz. We were shocked and thrilled that they were both 2lb even when they came out! lol For some reason just those few ounces made it seem better, 1 pound something just sounds horribly scary (not that 2 pounds wasn't!).
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:12 am

Hey! So I spent the Past 24 hours admitted for contractions. Anyways wanted to let you know my cervix went from a 2.4 up to. 3.46 after bed rest! So yes it's possible!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 am

babyluv51 wrote:Hey! So I spent the Past 24 hours admitted for contractions. Anyways wanted to let you know my cervix went from a 2.4 up to. 3.46 after bed rest! So yes it's possible!

That's awesome!! So encouraging to hear that! Are you on any medications? My OB put me on 100mg of progesterone twice a day. I'm also taking an anti biotic now too because the culture from the hospital came back + for beta strep. I've had that in every pregnancy but the OB said he's treating it now since I'm dilated. No procardia or anything yet but I did get both steroid shots. Just trying to stay relaxed as much as possible although easier said than done.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:30 am

buggie wrote:Estimated weights before they were born... Just checked the blog and they were estimated to be 1lb 12oz and 2lb 1oz. We were shocked and thrilled that they were both 2lb even when they came out! lol For some reason just those few ounces made it seem better, 1 pound something just sounds horribly scary (not that 2 pounds wasn't!).

That's really good! I'm glad their u/s measurements were pretty accurate. I'm hoping to get these girls up to at least 3lbs or close to it before there's any serious threat of delivery. Since they were estimated at 2.6 and 2.7 on Wed, I'm hoping in two weeks time they'll be up closer to 3 each.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:24 am

I take 10mg of procardia every 6 hrs and get weekly progesterone injections since 16 weeks. They did the group b swab yesterday when I was admitted but I was told before if they dont have time to test for it due to preterm labor they will treat for it anyway just to be safe.
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Yes, procardia was the only med they offered me. But they said "if you want...".... um, well?? YOU ARE THE DOCTOR! lol! So I made him tell me what he'd advise his wife, and he said he'd tell her to hold off. So that's what I decided. No one offered progesterone or anything else. I feel like they are taking a pretty hands off approach considering I'm only 30 weeks with twins and getting tons of contractions.... I'm not sure how I feel about it. They are a high risk group though so I'm inclined to trust them... they see this stuff all the time. But I still feel a bit uneasy..... I feel pressure down low a lot, and feel like my water could burst at any moment or that I will wipe my mucus plug away any day now.... anyone else feeling this sensation???
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 am

hazelbazel wrote:Yes, procardia was the only med they offered me. But they said "if you want...".... um, well?? YOU ARE THE DOCTOR! lol! So I made him tell me what he'd advise his wife, and he said he'd tell her to hold off. So that's what I decided. No one offered progesterone or anything else. I feel like they are taking a pretty hands off approach considering I'm only 30 weeks with twins and getting tons of contractions.... I'm not sure how I feel about it. They are a high risk group though so I'm inclined to trust them... they see this stuff all the time. But I still feel a bit uneasy..... I feel pressure down low a lot, and feel like my water could burst at any moment or that I will wipe my mucus plug away any day now.... anyone else feeling this sensation???

I have lots of pressure and crampy feelings during the day too. Honestly though, unless I *knew* I was having real labor contractions, I wouldn't take the meds to stop it. I've been reading about them and I'm just not sure. Some of them have paralyzing properties that literally paralyze the uterus and can cause other complications. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with that. I'm focused on getting enough food and water (one major drawback to bed rest, not as hungry) so the babies can continue to gain weight and of course, taking it easy. I'm not saying I wouldn't take the meds if it got serious, but I'm hoping I don't have to.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon May 20, 2013 12:43 am

Hang in there mama, and rest up! T&Ps
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)