Son of a %$#&@

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Son of a %$#&@

Postby kricket724 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 am

Booooo!!!! Miserably failed my repeat 1-hr glucose test. Have GD again. OB is being nice and not putting me through the 3-hr torture test. Made a mad dash to his office before they closed today to get my meter. Rainy, crappy day and I feel like this pregnancy is going from great to totally craptastic in a hurry. Waaahhh! :cry:
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Son of a %$#&@

Postby Shelly+3 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Oh, I'm sorry that totally stinks! I was all excited when I took my 1 hr and the results came back that I was hypo-glycemic. I was thinking woo-hoo I'm home free and can eat anything I want. Then in the next sentence she told me that I have to be very careful to not eat many simple carbs. What the F? Yup, same diet as for GD essentially except that I also need to be careful about always remembering to eat something every 2-3 hours, which I am terrible at! I can't wait until these kids are born so I don't have to carry around cheese sticks and almonds (unsalted of course) in my bag.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh man, that stinks too! I remember my sugars plummeting a few times in my last pregnancy when I was on medication and it was the WORST feeling ever! I was all shakey, weak, clammy and just felt terrible! Oh the things we do for our babies! You're doing awesome though! Sooo close!! :D
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 pm

First of all ... THAT SUCKS!!! I'm so sorry. :( But I have to giggle a little because I SWEAR we are living the same life right now! LOL! At least we have each other (and others here too!) that understand. :) I went to my 1 hr teaching today and it was interesting because my sugars have been perfect all week, even when I've had ice cream and bagels. So it seems I just have to avoid candy and juice and watch my portion sizes of breads, pastas and rice, and I *should* be OK....but we shall see I guess. This whole thing seems to be a bit of a guessing game? I guess I never knew that before.... this is all new to me. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and this is the last big hurdle for you!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Tue May 28, 2013 5:52 am

Ugh - I'm so sorry. I know how crappy it is to have GD and to feel your pregnancy go downhill fast. Every day is one day closer to the end and meeting your sweet babies! You can do it!!!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 pm

@&$%# is right! So unfortunately I just have to learn everything the hard way! I was starving today and didn't have time to go out and get food - stupid conference calls- so I ate what I had left in my desk drawers which was pretzels and gummy bears. I guess the dr. was right about the hypo glycemia because instead of getting a nice little sugar rush to keep me going for the next hour I got nauseous and a headache. I am so sick of cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs and chicken breast!! :mad:
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby meggola » Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Oh man - I remember being so sick of cheese, and I love cheese usually! Greek yogurt was good for a snack or breakfast - full of protein. And peanut butter. I ate so much peanut butter!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 am

Ahh Shelly that sucks! :( It IS really hard to eat the right foods (and enough of them) everyday when you have special diet requirements. I'm already tired of eggs and cheese and it hasn't been a week yet! :| I need to find some yogurt and quick snacks (besides cheese!) that I can eat. I think I might see if DH will take me to Trader Joes or Whole Foods to look. Maybe some protein bars or yogurt covered almonds would be ok. Meg, I haven't had a lot of PB yet but might do PB toast on my low-carb bread for breakfast. I need to switch it up.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More