Update Thread

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Update Thread

Postby kricket724 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:16 am

So I thought maybe we could keep an update thread going to post what's going on since there are several of us going through similar things right now.

My latest "thing" is that I woke up this morning and had lots of extra CM and some very small spotting. Like 4-5 dots on the TP. :doh: Torn between calling the OB or not. I really do not want to go in but I will if it gets worse. Not having time-able contractions or anything but I'm scared they would try to keep me and I just cannot handle that right now. Just one more thing to worry about. :roll:

How is everyone else? Hazel? BabyLuv? Shelly?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Update Thread

Postby hazelbazel » Sun May 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Hum, interesting about the blood spots....were they mucusy or just red blood? How'd the rest of the day go for you?

As for me, I'm hanging in there still. No real frequent or regular contractions in nearly a week now. My swelling has gotten pretty bad this week though....it's really hard to walk when you feel like you're walking through cement carrying a couple of bowling balls! I also woke up itching like crazy today, my whole body, but especially my ankels and palms of my hands. I've had a fairly "itchy" pregnancy but this was much worse. Now I'm worried about having that liver problem that can cause this kind of itchyness. I guess I'll just talk to the doc about it this week. Oh and I've finally accepted that I in fact have GD after I got a reading in the 180s today after a bowl of cereal. Booo.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Aww darn, itching is awful!!! I can't stand to be itchy. :( Sorry about having GD too. Dang, we are having mirror image pregnancies! Yeah, cereal totally screwed me the other night too. Mine was up in the 140's after a bowl and then it messed up my fasting sugar the next morning. I've had to eat tons of protein with each meal and so far that's kept my sugars below 100. Just knowing I can't have sugar makes me want it more though, lol! I see lots of eggs, low-carb sandwich wraps, Crystal light and sugar-free jell-o in my future. Only temporary right?! So glad to hear your contractions have calmed down. Keep baking little ones! :D

Spotting was on and off today. I did have quite a bit of CM with it this morning when I first noticed it but not really the rest of the day. Very tiny amounts though and pinkish red. Never called the doctor because it didn't pick up and I didn't have any cramping or crazy contractions with it. I have a feeling I'm maybe dilated a little more but for this stage in the game (measuring 9 weeks ahead) it's pretty normal for me and I'm trusting my body not to go into labor before its time. Really trying to take it easy and lay low until my appt on Wed. Hopefully if anything my cervix will have thickened back up a little and I can continue on bed rest until these girls are full term.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm doing ok considering that I'm 34 wks and the size of a truck! I just have to tell myself 25 times a day that it's only a couple of weeks and I can do anying for a couple of weeks. DH today said it will be harder after they are born in a few weeks but even though I kept my mouth shut for once, I really think he is wrong! I can deal with sleep deprivation, but sleep deprivation and pain everywhere is what I've got now. I've had my mind off it all for the last week thought because my 4 yr old has been really sick. He had high fever and couldn't keep anything down at all last weekend, then seemed ok but lethargic and wouldn't eat much from Monday - Thursday morning, and now is back sick again with high fevers anytime we let him go past about 4 hrs without Tylenol, plus he now has an earache and seems not to be hearing well. I think I have washed my hands 1000 times in the past week.

Oh and hazel, I've gotten the swollen everything and itchy everything too. I actually scratched my head so much in my sleep that I woke up with dried blood in my hair and all over my pillow the other day. No one tells you that stuff about being pregnant with twins!

The good thing though is that my contractions have been pretty mild and not regular so I haven't actually been worried about the babies really.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:25 am

Shelly that's so weird you mention the scalp itching thing! I've had scabs on my head recently and now I wonder if it's from itching at night. DH even noticed one not long ago and asked if I hit my head somehow because I had dried blood in my hair! Wow, didn't even think to contribute THAT to pregnancy too. Oy.

Your poor DS! I'm so sorry he's so sick! :( My kids have just had allergies and for the last few days I have too complete with running like a faucet nose, sinus pressure and headache. I thought for sure once spring was here we'd be past all the sickness. Bummer. Glad babies are doing well and you aren't contracting very much. Woo-HOO for being almost 35 weeks! That's awesome! Really hoping and praying I get that far too! :praying:
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon May 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Just a quick note....i have been nauseous all night. And have so much pressure down low and have been getting sharp cervical pain and cramping. Contractions off and on.....nothing concerning. But gosh i just feel so off.....i swear something is going on. Hum, i guess we will see how i do throughout the night.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Sometimes feeling off is as good a sign as any that something's going on. I'll be thinking about you Hazel! KUP if you can. When is your next OB appt?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Do any of you have joint pain? My hands have been hurting for about a month like I have arthritis or something similar to that. My knees and hips I understand just from all the extra weight but my hands hurting is kind of strange. It isn't like carpal tunnel, I've had that before, this is really just in the joints.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babyluv51 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:51 am

Kristen.... Call the OB!!!! You def should go get checked! As horrible as more strict bed rest would be it'd be better to know now and do something to stop it! I'm still having 3-4 contactions per hour at rest and 10mg procardia every 4 hours. Usually once a day it'll increase to every 5-6 minutes but after a double med dose I can slow them to 10-12 minutes apart. Swelling arrived yesterday in my hands and feet. I'm having the tingling carpal tunnel stuff too. And my god I think my stomach skin may rip!! I am so sorry for you girls with GD. :(

I haven't gained any weight in over a month but think I may have put on 2-3 pounds this weekend. I'm up about 22 pounds total maybe. I feel like it should be more but am eating normally and really don't feel like I could stuff in any more without burning a hole through my throat!

My weekly appt is today 4:30 est. I'll update again after that
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Shelly, hmm, no, haven't had any joint pain other than in the expected places (knees, ankles, back) from carrying so much extra weight. Do you get enough calcium? I read that babies take 250mg each every day so if you aren't getting 500mg a day extra, it'll be taken from your reserves. I keep it simple and eat Tums. Helps with indigestion and calcium both.

Babyluv, I didn't get checked but I'm glad because I would've been embarrassed! I figured out the spotting was from somewhere on the outside. :oops: I think going pee 35 times a day just dries me out and I had a little spot that started bleeding. I felt like a dum-dum when I figured it out but glad I didn't rush in to be checked. I knew I was probably ok anyway because everything else was fine. No cramping or contractions at all. I'm so sorry you're still battling contractions and now swelling too :( Hope your appointment went well today. I haven't gained any more weight either even though I've been eating tons of protein everyday. I think I'm right where you are at about 22-24lbs total.

AFM, already getting tired of eggs for breakfast every morning. Before GD I would alternate between cereal and yogurt for breakfast or eggs and toast. Now that I can't have cereal or yogurt I'm stuck with eggs everyday. Meh. :|
My appt with MFM to check babies' growth and my cervical length is tomorrow at 2pm! Really nervous but praying babies are close to or over 3lbs and that my cervix either hasn't changed or has re-thickened. I'll update when I can. Please send positive T&Ps that they let me come home and continue bed rest here! :praying:
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Shelly, yes, I have pain in my finger joints! I figure its from the swelling???

Babyluv, yes, my belly skin is going to tear open too! LOL! I haven't had any stretch marks until about 2 weeks ago, and right where they are popping up I swear my skin is just going to split! And yes, I'm up 48 lbs. Booo. But I gained 55 with each of my singletons, so it's sort of to be expected. At the end here I'm expecting I'll keep gaining with lots more fluid build up, that's what happened the last 2 times anyway.

Kristen, I'm so glad you found the source of the blood! Hurray! That happened to me my first pregnancy, although for me it was coming from my urethra- had an infection going. Scary when that happens! As for the GD, I'm finally accepting that I have it. But I feel totally out of control and like I don't know what I'm doing. Throughout my pregnancy I've just given into my cravings...within reason. But mostly I've been pretty ravenous. Now I still have the ravenous appetite but I'm unsure how to fulfill it? Do I really need to feel like I'm starving? Is that necessary? Part of my problem is that I don't eat regularly enough. Every 2-3 hrs is hard for me to do. I FINALLY got my test strips rx filled today (long drawn out insurance story) and took my sugars all day and basically they are not good. Anywhere from 1teens to 140 all day (not fasting). Do you try to keep yours under 100 all the time? I'm not sure if I could do it? I need to get really strict for a few days and see if I can. But WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS THIS IS! I have ZERO energy and can barely get out of bed to drive children to and from their events. I can't even fathom trying to find time and energy to have healthy snacks all the time! I too have my OB appt tomorrow, at 330 for me, so I plan to talk to them about all of this. Oh, and yesterday must've been a fluke as the pressure has let up a bit and no real contractions to speak of. Plus the itchyness seems to be better.

I feel so bad but I just keep wishing for signs of labor now! I know its still early, but I can't help it. My mood has been good throughout all this, but it's really going down hill quickly. I'm def ready to meet my babies!
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Hazel, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time! It's shocking how different I feel day to day the further I get along so I'm sure I'll be ready to be done sooner than later even though I want them to stay in as long as possible. Yes, GD sucks! I basically just do low-carb, little to no sugar. I buy the Crystal Light mix and make raspberry tea, eat sliced cheese and string cheese, low carb bread & wraps, eggs for breakfast, wraps with tuna or BLT, grilled chicken or fish or steak for dinner, salads, etc. Cut out as much sugar as you can, eat like you're doing low-carb (not no carb) and when you do eat carbs, stick with whole grains or smaller portions and lots of protein to balance it out. I'm not going for any specific numbers, just under the limits and so far so good. I'll definitely need more food choices soon but for now I'm getting by. The mission, burrito sized low carb wraps are my best friend right now. I make those for lunch everyday with different stuff in them. If you do fast food, get chicken or something with lots of protein and either unsweetened or diet drinks. I had the chicken club meal from McDs a few days ago for lunch and even with a few fries my level was fine. Hang in there, not much longer! Let us know how your appt goes!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Babyluv and Hazel I'm right there with you on the "my skin is ripping" feeling. It is often worse if I eat and drink a lot at once. I think the babies plus the stomach is just too much stretching.
I had an NST today which took extra long because the nurse had to keep chasing the babies. Then I had to get on the scale :cry: I'm officially up 50 lbs!
Hazel, I had been wondering if maybe my hands were hurting because of the swelling? I don't feel super swollen except my ankles are worse some days than others but geez - how could I have gained 50 lbs?

Good news today though, I finally have a date scheduled -June 20. They scheduled a c-section for that day assuming the boys don't flip. It feels good to have a mental target now.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:18 am

Yay for a date Shelly!! Not far away at all! :jump: :jump:
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm

So I had my MFM appt today and it was all good news! They didn't do a growth scan because apparently it's too early but they did a cervical check and my cervix is slightly longer than it was last week (yay!) AND both babies are head down! :jump: So excited and relieved! Next hurdle: my OB appt on Friday when I'm sure he'll want to check for further dilation and hopefully I'm still just 1cm.

Any other appt updates??
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More