Update Thread

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: Update Thread

Postby hazelbazel » Wed May 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm so glad you had a good appt today Kristen! Sure beats mine! :) (beware, long rant below!)

Aurgh. I just wanted to punch the doc today. What a jerk. I see a group and the last couple of times I saw him he was great. Today, not so much. TOTAL JERK. Walked in, looked at the US screen, said, "all looks good. have any questions?". Um...........YEAH! I have rediculous pressure down low, was in for contractions several times, am confused as to what's happening and want to at least have my cervix checked before I leave. He totally poo poo'd me and acted like I was some lunatic pregnancy woman worrying for nothing. Even quoted stats to me saying that since I went full term on my last 2 pregnancies I only have a 2% chance of having preterm labor... even with twins. Hum.... REALLY????? I was told because I have had 2 babies my body knows how to labor and is more likely to go into labor early!!!!! Not to mention weren't my chances of having twins to begin with like 2-4% too???? And THAT happened!!! PLEASE ASS, don't treat me like an idiot! (sorry, I was pissed)

Anyway, he agrees to let the nurse check me and sure enough I'm high, thick and basically closed. So I look like the idiot in the end. Aurgh.

I'm so frustrated with all of this and the last thing I need is a jerk of a doctor making me feel like an inconvenience for him. I think I'm going to call and talk to the nurse tomorrow and tell her that I DO NOT want to see him again if at all possible. Watch, he'll be on call the night I go into labor, guarenteed.

As for how I'm feeling, every day I think it can't get worse, somehow it does. :( This is so unbelievably painful and tiring I can't believe it. My pelvis and sciatics are SOOOOOO sore, with shooting pains every time I move. Or if I don't move they tighten up and send shooting pains. So I can't find any comfortable positions. Not to mention nausea has set in. I thought it was maybe due to my high sugars? But was told by the nurse most likely because the babies are so big my stomach is smooshed and food has nowhere to go but sit there and bother me. I feel like I'm back in the first tri again only this time it's worse. I'm MISERABLE. Sorry, but I just am. I can't really tell anyone else around me that can relate at all.... I mean my loved ones feel bad for me, but they just can't understand. I'm seriously barely functioning, but I'm not on any kind of bedrest or anything so people (namely my husband) think I can just keep pushing through like I have been. It's getting to where I can't. It's SOOOOO painful to move!!!! I just wish I was on bedrest "officially" and could just have permission to not move or do anything. But instead I get the kids ready for school, I drive them places, I put them to bed, I'm going to their school picnic tomorrow, my son's preschool graduation Fri.... etc etc. I'm happy I am allowed to do these things, but sure wish I wasn't at this point. It's taking everything in my power to keep a smile on my face in public and not grimace and groan each time a take a step or move.

Anyway, sorry, I'm writing a blog here! LOL! I just needed to vent I guess. I KNOW it's all worth it and I'm almost there.... well sort of. Dr Jerk said I could go "full term" easily. I said you mean 37 weeks? He said, no like 38 or 40 weeks. LOLLOLLOLLOL!!! Over my dead body!!! These kids are already over 4 lbs each!!! Anyway, I hope you all had better days than I had. :)
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Yay Kristen! That's great news that you got at your MFM appointment today! Clearly what you have been doing is working! :D
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh Hazel, I just realized there was a page 2 and saw your post! I'm sorry you had such a sucky day! I'm sorry you had to deal with idiot doctor today who apparently doesn't realize how stressful it is to be pregnant with twins and that his job is to help you and not just look at a screen and make his medical proclamation that medically you are fine. I would totally refuse to see the guy again!
As for the pain and sciatica and everything else rant away! I totally get it! It completely sucks sometimes, well a lot of the time lately. In people's minds it isn't hard to take care of kids and do what you are doing but they are WAY wrong! I am still working for now - I work in an office and I sit in a chair with my feet propped up on a footrest I brought in to work - and it is way easier than being at home! I am fine at work and then I come home and deal with my one 4 yr old child for a couple of hours and I'm serious - dealing with him is harder! And I only have one child! Within 2 hours of being home my swelling is worse, my contractions get worse, my foot hurts worse (that's where my sciatica gets me). In any case, don't let people downplay what you are going through.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babyluv51 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:03 am

Glad your bleeding was on the outside Kristen! and super glad your cervix is holding out!

Shelly, I know what a pain it is to chase their heart rates to get a good strip! I keep asking how big they have to be to get it easier and they always tellme that twins are always hard to trace. Glad your have a date but June 20th sounds so far away! Do you think you'll make it that far??

Hazel, I feel so bad for you and Kristen and the GD stuff. I would be dying if I had to change the way I'm eating. I think my 1 hour test was 118 so not sure how close I was to the cut off. I totally understand about wishing to go early and wanting to keep them in as long as possible at the same time. Ultimately we don't have much of a decesion so they'll come when they want and we'lll have to deal with whatever that brings.

My appt went good. Just had a regular appt with a manual cervical check. I saw a different OB than my regular and he made me practice kegels with his hand inside me?!?! WTF? Maybe I peed on him a little so he thought I needed the education? I'm 32 years old and a physical therapist and this is my 4th pregnancy so you would THINK I should know about kegels. ANyways, still 1cm and 50% so I was pleased with that. I'll have my next growth scan in 2 weeks on the 10th and a regular appt without US next week. I measured 36 weeks in fundal height. I am so freaking sick of people telling me I am small for twins. Or, are you sure you have two in there? YES, I'M SURE. My waist is usually 28 inches and now it is 42 inches. I have once baby transverse at the top of my ribs....how freaking big do they want me to be with ELEVEN weeks to go until my actual due date. Oh, and the best was the medical assistant who brought me back. She asked if I knew they gender and I told her a boy and a girl. Then she asked if I knew if they were fraternal or identical?????!!!!!! I can understand someone in the gernal public not really thinking or knowing and asking out of ignorance but for gosh sakes....she works in obstetrics!!!!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Hazel, GRRR! I'd be so mad too! I HATE that dismissive attitude and total disregard for your concerns and feelings. I mean seriously, if you went to buy a car at a car dealership and asked a question and they treated you like that, you'd walk away! You're having not one, but TWO babies so they should be overly accommodating and overly informative in my opinion! Especially for what they're getting paid. I'm actually writing a research paper right now about empowered birth and how undercut and disrespected so many moms feel and it's just not right! I'm glad your cervix is holding up, but I think you should definitely let them know how you feel and that you don't appreciate being treated that way! As for your kids and hubby, time for a family meeting! Let them all know they need to help out a little more and you need to take it easy because hello, you're carrying around 10lbs of babies and it's HARD work. When I walk around, I move as slow as a snail because I lose my breath so I can only imagine how you're feeling a few weeks ahead!

Shelly, I just saw in another post that you're tall too! I'm also 5'11 (and some change, but not quite 6') I think it does help to be taller! I can't imagine the ladies here who are 5' or just over 5' and doing this. I haven't had the tummy ripping feeling yet, but I am having a lot of rib pain now that the girls are flipped. I get stitches in my ribs and it is really uncomfortable sometimes. You're doing awesome for 35 weeks!

Babyluv, Glad you had a good appointment but -- awkward!! I wouldn't want to practice kegals like that, WTF??! I'd be like, umm, dude, let me stick my fingers up your butt and have you practice your sphincter reflex, I don't think so! :roll: I think our whole medical field needs an overhaul, especially the obstetrics and gynecology specialities but that's just me! lol About being small, that's great! No one says you have to be huge just because you're having twins, jeez. Sounds like you are naturally petite so that's a good thing! Ay yi, yi people are such dorks sometimes. I can't wait for your next growth scan! Mine isn't until the 18th, boo!

AFM - I have my OB appt tomorrow so fingers crossed I'm not dilated anymore and babies are still head down! (Pretty sure since I'm feeling tons of kicks in my ribs still). Other than that, not much is new except for some family drama. Found out my mom wont be coming out when the babies are born which was a HUGE disappointment but like everything else we have gotten through solo, I know we'll handle this too. Just need to line up care for my boys so DH can be with me in the delivery room and then I guess we'll just make due from there. I'm not surprised by this at all, just bummed things always turn out this way with our extended family. Oh well, what can you do?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 am

Somehow I misse page 2 also. I would be pissed hazel! I'll write more when I get on the computer...
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Omg babyluv! Wtf is up with that OB? I would have felt like going all old granny lady on him and smacking him in the head with a handbag and telling him to treat pregnant ladies with some respect. That is just ridiculous! It's not like he had just asked you if you were keeping up with you kegels and you looked at him blankly and asked what he meant!

And then the assistant asking if they were fraternal or identical right after you told her it was a boy and a girl? Sounds like people in that office are dipping into the prescription drug stash while they are working! What do you say to that - They are identical, yeah it's really really rare! :doh:
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Shelly+3 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Kristen, I hope your OB appointment went well today! That would be exciting to find out that they are both head down!

I found out at my NST appointment that baby A is now head down so maybe there is hope for me after all! They still will only do a c-section on me at this point because A is(or hopefully was) a lot smaller than B and he is breech with his feet down but maybe he can still flip over too. I have my last growth scan next Thursday so hopefully baby A has caught up some. It must be really uncomfortable for little A to have his big brother sitting on top of him for months!

As for finally having a target date of the 20th, on Monday when they gave me that date I was excited to finally have a date. Now that I sit here on Friday, you are right babyluv - it seems impossibly far away! This has been a really really long week!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby meggola » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi ladies! I don't have time to read through all of your posts, but I had been wondering how you all were doing and had been thinking of posting - but here you were! I just wanted to wish you all good luck. The third tri completely sucks, but it is the home stretch, even though the end feels soooooo far off! Best of luck to you all and I can't wait to see all of your precious babies when they arrive!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Shelly, I already feel completely cooked and just thinking about another 6-8 weeks is tough so I can only imagine how you're feeling at this point! I hope baby A catches up and both are head down so you have a shot at a vaginal delivery!

Meg, thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm so excited to see my girls but trying to enjoy these last few weeks with my boys too. I know it's going to feel slow but once it's here it'll seem like it went fast!

Babyluv, are you team green?? Or did I miss something? I was thinking you we're having B/G twins but then I thought maybe I got you confused with Hazel...

AFM, the OB appt went ok. Baby B is breech again (boo!) but baby A is still head down. The OB said they aren't engaged or anything yet and have lots of fluid around them so they still have time and space to go head down and stay there. I was surprised he didn't do a cervical check but it was fine with me that he didn't. I know my cervix is super high and it's really uncomfortable. Going to go every week now so my next appt is the 10th and then my growth scan will be the 18th. Looking forward to that one to see how big the babies are. In the mean time plugging away with the GD diet -- didn't even have a piece of cake at DS's b-day party today! 8)
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:16 am

Hazel, I would be really mad at your doctor. My doctor ALWAYS checks twins mommas if they have any concerns of pressure, contractions etc! I know it has to be hard having to keep up with life being so pregnant with twins. I'm on bedrest so I do'nt do a whole lot, but it tears me up that I coudln't do the last day of preschool picnic, or when my 3 year old keeps asking when I don't have to rest anymore :( Theres ups and downs to each situation I guess.

We're not team green! We would be if it was a singlton and was looking forward to doing that route as we found out with our boys, but I HAD to be prepapred for these twins. A is a girl, and B is a boy :)

That sucks that B is flipped again kristen, but I guess theres hope she'll flip again too! Mine have been A headdown and B transverse (in my ribs) every single time we've done a scan. I go today for a reg appt at 1:30 and then a growth scan next monday the 10th
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Had my 30 week appt today. Cervix is still 1 cm and 50% so no changes in 2 weeks! Supposed to have US next week to check weights :)
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

babyluv51 wrote:Had my 30 week appt today. Cervix is still 1 cm and 50% so no changes in 2 weeks! Supposed to have US next week to check weights :)

Yay!! I think we're in the exact same spot cervix wise. Although I haven't been given an exact percentage of effacement, just told at last check it was 1.6 cm. Wonder if there's a conversion chart online somewhere? Hmm.

:jump: :jump: So excited we're 30 weeks now!! :jump: :jump:

I'm feeling a lot better about my OB situation. I can't remember if I posted about it or not, but we recently found out that my OB is merging with a bigger practice on July 1st and I've been stressing about the possibility of delivering with a doctor I've never met. DH told me to call and talk to him about it so I didn't stress and worry all week (was going to just bring it up at my next appt on the 10th) and I'm so glad I did! He was so reassuring and said he was totally fine with me switching over to the new practice a little earlier so I could meet all the new doctors in time. He also actually recommended that I write a birth plan! I was really surprised to hear that but really excited he brought it up and recommended it so now I definitely will! I called the new practice right away and they were super nice too. They scheduled me with every single delivering OB there over the next 5 weeks! So right now I have a total of 8 baby appointments on my calendar between now and July 12th!! Just so glad I got that all sorted out. I've heard great things about this new OB practice too and actually considered switching to them before I found the OB I'm with now. Crossing everything the OBs there are nice and that I get a good one I like for delivery!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Big Boo Hoo! :cry:
So I went in for my normal NST like I do twice a week and everything goes fine, no contractions or anything while they were testing. Then I go back to a regular patient room to meet with the OB so she can do a strep B test just in case I end up being able to have a vaginal delivery. Then she does a manual check of my cervix I guess and tells me I'm somehow already 3 cm dilated and she can feel baby A's head with her fingers! So as of immediately I'm on bed rest. :mad: I guess it shouldn't be a surprise as far along as I am, it just caught me off guard and I still had a million things I was going to do this week!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:01 pm

God bless you Shelly! You're almost 36 weeks with twins and still have a million things to do.....!! You are seriously my hero! I haven't been able to be on my feet doing anything for at least a month now, and not because I'm on bedrest, but just because I can't! LOL! I LOVE that you are still willing and able to get around.... that's awesome! Some bedrest might be nice now though. You can conserve all the energy for once you bring those 2 beautiful babies home! Maybe even catch a few movies or read a good book? :) I'm sorry you're dissappointed but I'm seriously so proud of you!!! You've done REALLY AWESOME!!! How far will they let you go? In other words when will they stop trying to prevent labor?
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More