Update Thread

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: Update Thread

Postby kricket724 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Wow Shelly!! That was a quick change! Amazing how that can happen! Hopefully bed rest is a good thing for you. I'm curious how long they would delay labor too. Maybe until 37 weeks? Hang in there, you could have babies very soon!!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Well now that it is 4pm and I am ready to take a break (I have been working at home with my laptop in bed and my blackberry glued to my ear all day) I have two observations from day one of bed rest, well actually three. One - I am so not cut out for this and I have a HUGE amount of respect for those of you who have been doing this for weeks! Two - tmi alert here - I completely expected to be constipated from laying down all day and I have had the opposite problem for the first time in about 11 months since I started on the prenatal vitamins. And three - now that I have been laying down for almost 24 hours and my ankles have had tome to deflate they look almost dainty in comparison to what they have been lately - (and I am pretty big boned and do not my any stretch have what could be called dainty ankles, sturdy yes, dainty no)

As to how far they will let me go, I'm not sure. She said something about two more weeks but then was laying it on pretty thick about the complications and I didn't feel like really taking her little guilt trip to heart. Yes, I am taking her advice and staying in bed but I will wait until my appointment with my MFM on Thursday to ask about how long etc. Also then I will know if my smaller baby A has had the chance to catch up during the past month. I will also probably ask the MFM if she thinks it is ok if I go to my friend's baby shower on Saturday or would sitting upright for a couple of hours really put me at risk???
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babyluv51 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am

Woah! Glad they checked you! Good thing you are so close to term! My OB tells me that there is really no scientific evidence to back up that bed rest even works, but there is enough anecdotal evidence that they continue to reccomend it.

Bed rest does blow a big one, but Im still aloud to sit with my feet up and stuff like that so I can sit outside while the kids play (with a sitter there) so its not as bad. I'm glad the doctor checked you. Its situations like that that really piss me off about doctors like HAzels NOT wanting to check her.

Funny about the poop topic. I have stopped taking my colace since being on BR because this is the first time I've almost had like loose stools vs the horrible constipation. It makes me worry sometimes its a labor sign but its been going on for weeks now so I'm not as concerend about it anymore
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Haha Shelly, you crack me up! Yay for dainty ankles and good BM's! :D Yeah, bed rest isn't fun but you are so close!! One more week and you're totally in the clear although I bet they'd be fine anytime they decide to come from now on.
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 pm

So I had my weekly appt today, 31 weeks. I had an ultrasound and for the first time ever both babies were HEAD DOWN! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!! Baby A (girl) was 3lb 8oz and baby B (boy) was 3lb 10oz. I can't remember the percentiles but something like 48th and 52nd percentile for weights. Cervix was 1.8-2.3 with no funneling. My biggest baby was 7lb 2oz which is exactly what they weigh combined now.

So I saw the Dr and she was happy. She actually said if I wanted to come every 2 weeks I could or keep coming weekly if it made me feel better. She leaves for vacation next week for 2 weeks so I pray I make it to 34 weeks when she gets back! She said I can taper back the procardia to only as needed vs every 4 hours. I asked at what point I would be off of rest and at what point they would not stop my labor. She said that they probably would not do much besides procardia after 32 weeks or so because the benefit doesn't really out weigh the risk at that point. Said there are new studies coming out of the long term use of mag. Also after 34 weeks she said I can get up and do more, at leaset as much as my body would allow :)

When are everyone elses appts this week?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Andrea19 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:57 pm

What great news! That's fantastic that both babies are head down, woooo!!!
Me: 30 :kiss: DH: 30
~Expecting babies #1 AND #2 in October 2013!~
Andrea19
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow, those are great weights and that is awesome they are both head down! I'm so happy for you! :) And also great news about the procardia...glad you can taper off that stuff now! NOt long until 34 weeks for you either... then you'll be up and about again...! :)

My weekly appt was today. Basically the US was great and the babies look great and are both head down still. I won't have a measurement US done again until next week's appt. I was really frustrated though because starting at about 6 this morning I was having contractions approx every 4 mins with cramping and radiation to my legs, hips, and butt. I didn't take my procardia because my appt was at 9:30 and I wanted to see what was happening without the med. Anyway, they checked me and NOTHING. I mean nothing. My cervix was so far back they could barely reach it, and I still remain a finger tip dilated.... where I've been for weeks now. I just can't stand all this wondering. The contractions finally died down a few hours after my appt...but I'm talking every 4 mins for like 6 hrs! Crazy. I mean I would've taken the procardia had I not had an appt, but since I knew I wasn't in labor I didn't bother.

Anyway. That's my update. I'm just seriously over all the guessing and wondering. I swear I'll be in fullfledged labor and won't even budge. I'll end up delivering at home!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh yeah, I never updated about my lovely doctor that was so rude to me last week! LOL! I asked to not see him again, so now I'm on the schedule with the other doctors instead. Of course he WILL end up delivering me, NO DOUBT, only because he's the only one I don't want! LOL!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 am

Babyluv - That sounds like an awesome appt! I like how we seem to have our ultrasounds staggered so we can check in and see about what the babies are measuring now! So excited to hear yours are nearing 4lbs! Yay! Awesome they're head down too! :D

Hazel - Glad your babies are head down too! Maybe we'll all get lucky and avoid surgery! That's so wild that you're having so many contractions and it's not changing your cervix at all. Wow, you have those babies locked in tight! Good for you for telling them you don't want to see Dr. Jerk-face anymore. If he shows up in the delivery room, make sure you let those obscenities fly, never a better time or excuse to let 'er rip! ;)

AFM - I had my 31 week appt yesterday with my main OB. Baby A is definitely vertex and low which is great and explains all the extra pressure I've felt down there. Baby B is transverse with her head pointing in the right direction but kind of laying across and on top of her sister. So funny how they lay across each other but whatever! Just hope they both stay that way or if anything baby B moves down a little more. I realized yesterday how tender my pelvic area is. When he was measuring me and then doing the u/s and pressing down on that area, it was super, super sore. 8O He didn't check my cervix at all which is fine with me. I figure if something is going on at my next appt on the 18th when they measure my cervix, they'll probably want to check it then. I don't want them messing with it too much and putting me into labor. I briefly discussed the birth with the OB and he said a lot of it is up to me. Even said I could possibly get in the tub at the hospital to labor in if I wanted! He did say the Hep lock or an IV are a must, delivery in the OR is a must and the after birth dose of pitocin is a must but epidural is not and that he is willing to deliver baby B breech as long as A is head down. So, we're going to write a birth plan and see how much we can compromise. Safety is definitely #1 priority period, but I really want to avoid an avalanche of interventions. So that's my update, not too exciting. This next week will be really busy with school work for me, end of school stuff for my older son and trying to finish up some projects around the house. Really looking forward to my appt on the 18th because that'll be a growth scan for the babies and cervical length check for me. Hoping and praying they'll be over 4lbs each by then! :D
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Babyluv and Hazel! That is so exciting that both babies are head down for both of you! And Kristen it sounds like yours are in position that it could happen for you too! Yay all around!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kricket724 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Shelly+3 wrote:Babyluv and Hazel! That is so exciting that both babies are head down for both of you! And Kristen it sounds like yours are in position that it could happen for you too! Yay all around!

How are you doing Shelly?? Look at you at almost 37 weeks!! Total twin mama rock star! :D
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4

TTC#3 since 2010

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm hanging in there, just counting down the days until next Thursday. I swear I think baby B is going to have a big dent in his head because it is constantly smashed on my left rib.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust2me » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 am

Shelly that's great that you're still going strong! Not too much longer to go!

It's funny you say something about Baby B having a dent in his head - my Baby B (Reagan) was born with a dent in her head from being squished. It totally happens!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Sounds like most of us had uneventful weeks!!! Shelly you are soooo close! I can't even imagine how miserable you must be feeling! Hang in there!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Cassidy, I had no idea! Then I wonder if they will have bruises from me hitting my belly on things too! That's my other constant thought!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More