NEW MULTIPLES??

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: NEW MULTIPLES??

Postby Shelly+3 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Also, one thing I wish I had considered in addition to the Nicu was how close my doctors were to my work. I could have chosen between two hospitals, both very good and both with excellent Nicu's. I went with the one near my home where I delivered my last child. However - with twins you will have 5 times as many doctor appointments! I wish I had chosen a doctor (I had to get a new OB anyway) at the hospital near my office because I spend my life on the road driving between my doctors and work. I literally was on a conference call yesterday while I was hooked up for my non-stress test because my 30 minute appointment had me out of the office for over two hours and I am now doing this 2-3 times a week!

That being said- take what I say with a grain of salt, I don't think most work up to the end like I am doing. I'm 5' 11" which I think is making things "easier" on me, if there is such a thing. :D
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jesusmiracle » Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 am

Thank you so much ladies!
I am so thankful to have met some great people like you all to fill me and tell me what to expect.... to be honest, I have no one really to talk to about this. My mom & mother in law are telling me a bunch of stuff, but feel bad because they have never had twins so they don't know 100% what to expect!!!

Buggie- Thanks so much for brining up the NICU, i didn't even think of that... and because of you, I have looked into many other hospitals that I wouldn't have looked into if you didn't stress that :)

Jade0199- Thanks!! With respect to sacs.. All the ultrasound tech said to me was there are "two yolk sacs" whatever that means... are those the sacs you are referring to?

Babydust- Thank you so much for all your information! I feel like that too! I am 8 weeks tomorrow, and I feel like people can see! My hubby said to me yesterday that he was shocked with how preggo I look already! I am like dude there are two in here!!! geez! As for sacs, I only know the u/s tech said there are two yolk sacs.... does that have anything to do with identical/fraternal?

Kricket- Thank you for telling me about the appointments.... I guess I should always make more time before all appointments, since they will be longer! As for water intake, I am trying to do 3-4 bottles a day, is that good enough?

Megan- congrats! Look forward to watching your journey!

Shelly- thanks for your information as well- looking forward to the extra long appointments LOL :D

** So everyone, based on what the u/s tech said, does two sacs mean anything? Identical??? Anyone know?
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby megan6912 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 am

Two yoke sacs doesn't mean much except that they probably aren't momo (which are very rare anyway). Mine had two yoke sacs but they are in the same gestational sac. Do you have a pic you can post. We can tell you right away with a pic. With mine I thought it was a singleton. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw one sac because I had started getting twin vibes. The ultrasound tech told me there were two heartbeats inside the sac. This was at 6 weeks though, at 8 weeks it was very obvious there was two but they were still in tue same sac.
Megan (me)- 25
Jared (dh)-24
DS-1 born January 29, 2012 after 3 years of infertility

SURPRISE we are pregnant with an oops baby!!!!!!! YAY
Omg TWINS!!
megan6912
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Congrats and welcome! There's some good info here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=219918

Ask lots of questions and enjoy the twin ride, your life will never be the same ;)

I have B/G twins that will be 3 in August :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeachRoses » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm in my 10th week of pregnancy with twins! We found out at 6w6d in an ultrasound after IVF. They are in separate sacs and likely fraternal since we tranfered two embryos. I've read through all the responses above, I think I was kidding myself that this would be just like the books say for singletons...I've had horrible morning sickness, constipation, and so tired. Ever since I got on Zofran, I can eat and drink again!!! I'm already wearing maternity pants... I'm so glad to find someone else to be on this ride with!
PeachRoses
Friend

Postby jesusmiracle » Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks again ladies!

Peach- Congrats to you!!!! we are both having two little beans :D

Greek- thanks, alot of good info! Congrats on your 3 year old twins!

Megan- I don't have the pic on me... but thanks for the tip. To be honest, at the ultrasound, I thought they were identical. The tech said "don't assume" just because they are close to eachother doesn't mean they are in the same sac. I have no clue... do you know what is more common for natural pregnancies? I am assuming identical?
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby GreekMythFreak » Fri May 31, 2013 2:07 pm

With spontaneous twins it's more common for fraternal. But don't rule anything out. Even if they are in separate sacs, the only conclusive way to know if they are fraternal or identical is opposite sexes or a DNA test ;) There have been several moms (while I've been on the boards) that finally sent in for a DNA test when their twins were a few months old and found out they were identical. It's a wait and see game.

Congrats Peaches and welcome! No, a multiple pregnancy is almost nothing like a singleton one. I've done both. however my singleton pregnancy was FAR worse than my twin pregnancy. It's different for everyone. Almost all MOMs are miserable at the end tho. It's a tough pregnancy, but SO worth it :) Hang in there, I am glad the Zofran is working for you! :)
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

Identical pregnancies that is confirmed identical before birth is very uncommon. Only .3% of all pregnancies are modi or momo. I think 75% of twins are didi and require dna testing if the same gender to confirm fraternal or identical. You do need to figure out what type of twin you have because the OB care is very different for all 3 types of twins but I think the care protocol changes at 15 weeks so you have time to figure all that out. Just make sure you know before 15 weeks and if there is any question if they are modi, treat the pregnancy as if its modi.
Megan (me)- 25
Jared (dh)-24
DS-1 born January 29, 2012 after 3 years of infertility

SURPRISE we are pregnant with an oops baby!!!!!!! YAY
Omg TWINS!!
megan6912
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 am

jesusmiracle - when is your EDD so I can add you to our Due Date List?
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fiver18 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:40 am

Jesusmiracle - Congrats on your twins. I am also having twins (my first set and my first baby) I am so excited! I am currently 10w2d's. I did IVF so I knew that twins might happen as we transferred 2 embroyos so I am about 99% sure they are fraternal. I had my first U/S at 6w3d and heart 2 little heartbeats. However, I am anxiously awaiting u/s #2 (June 19) so I can get 100% confirmation that they are both in there growing and healthy.

So far I have had terrible morning sickness that lasted all day, and super tired but tossing and turning at night. I pee about 1000 times a day and have aversions to most meat (which is slowly getting better). Also, in the last coupel of days I have had mid back pain - just super tight muscles, and pain in my left ribs at the front. Which is very annoying as they only way it feels better is if I lay down and I work 12 hour days in an office....I also officially have a bump which is super exciting but scary at the same time. I have a short body and I just can't imagine how huge I am going to be by the end of this. lol

Peachroses - Hi again. Any more ultrasounds? Or updates?

Well ladies I am excited that we are doing this together. I am sure I will be asking about a million questions.

To Everyone Else - thanks for all of the advice....keep in coming. It's great to have info for people who have been through this already. I know people that have had twins but no one close to me.
Me - Amber - 31
DH - Dustin - 30
TTC - 30 months
IVF Fresh 5 day Transfer - April 14, 2013
Beta 1 - 178 (8dp 5dt)
Beta 2 - 442 (10dp 5dt)
Beta 3 - 3083 (14dp 5dt)
U/S may 11 - twins!!!!
Baby a - 119 baby b - 116

http://fertileclimb.blogspot.ca/
fiver18

Postby jesusmiracle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 am

Fiver- so exciting! congrats!!! You are a bit ahead of me, but I am close behind.... I am 9 weeks 3 days! My next US is June 28.... I can't wait either, I want to tell people so bad... but I am waiting until 3 months! I am super excited.... but unlike you, I don't think mine are fraternal. We tried naturally and badda bing, we somehow made twis LOL... two little miracles I can't wait to meet! The doctor told me .3 % of all twins are identical, but I just have that feeling, especially because of the first ultrasound, they looked so close together... but the tech said you can't tell until 12- 17 weeks, so hopefully I will know on the 28th!!!

My symptoms are pretty much same as yours... morning sickness throughout the day. Tired, but that is kind of going away... horrible food aversions... and actually not hungry at all... I rarely want meat, can't even stomach it. Every type really. Hopefully the second trimester bring new things ! :D congrats again, and so happy to share this time with you :D all the best! cheers to the next trimester!
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby fiver18 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 am

Jesusmiracle - I totally hear you on the meat aversions and lack of hunger. I can now eat most meat again - thank goodness. Before the smell would make me totally sick and the at the thought of eating it I would gag. I am now almost 11 weeks and just pretty much have morning sickness and tossing at night, oh and I started getting headaches which is awful. I am also thirsty ALL of the time.

THat's crazy that you think they are identical. I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your ultrasound.

Keep in touch!
Me - Amber - 31
DH - Dustin - 30
TTC - 30 months
IVF Fresh 5 day Transfer - April 14, 2013
Beta 1 - 178 (8dp 5dt)
Beta 2 - 442 (10dp 5dt)
Beta 3 - 3083 (14dp 5dt)
U/S may 11 - twins!!!!
Baby a - 119 baby b - 116

http://fertileclimb.blogspot.ca/
fiver18

Postby jesusmiracle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 am

fiver- Thanks for telling me the aversions go away... I am hoping they do! I usually love chicken breast, and now I can't even stand the sight! grr!

Oh well I will keep you posted after my ultrasound, even though I think they are identical, maybe they are not? I know that they are measuring 2 days apart, I am not sure if that means anything, but that is really all i know from my last u/s. Good Luck to you! Keep me updated :DI can't believe I am only 1 week and 2 days behind you!!!! :) :)
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Shelly+3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Fiver- I had terrible headaches for a couple of weeks when I was right about where you are now. My fertility acupuncturist I was seeing at the time said that it is pretty common because of the change in hormones you are going through, and of course like everything else, it's worse with twins.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jesusmiracle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 am

Question for everyone- I am hearing different things... when does your twin belly begin to "POP". I hear with a singlton pregnancy it is about 14 weeks... anyone have any ideas? I am a bridesmaid for a few weddings this Summer, and I am starting to worry I won't fit!! :(
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More